Which Saints FULLBACK From The Past Would You Insert into the Current Offense? (1 Viewer)

Gajan,. recall him running into pile of entire defense, and pile moved couple yards. He also had sneaky speed if he ever got into secondary.
Had ridiculous leg strength

Can I vote for Taysom? Guy does pretty much everything else for us, why not add fullback?

Can I vote for Taysom? Guy does pretty much everything else for us, why not add fullback?

I vote Neal, with 2-3 others close behind. I think Taysom would make a deadly FB, but I guess Payton doesn't see it or want it.

Gosh...tough one. Lorenzo Neal had a good start when he was a rookie. He had that one big long run for a touchdown and then messed up his ankle the same year. He was a beast. I remember him going against sumo wrestler and punching Mario Bates in a fight. I didn't understand letting him go. He had potential.

Ironhead didn't have a good rookie season. Was considered a bust the first two years, but in his third year, he blew up. He was already a great blocker but he became a very good runner. Always had problems with Mora and was out of shape. But he was a good all around back. People may not remember this but he was a good receivers. Remember a lot of media phrased him for having soft hands. In my opinion, he was THE BUS before Jerome Bettis.

So I will have to pick Ironhead because he was the best overall package for a full back if he stay in shape.

Hokie Gajan
I remember his first major knee injury.
Goal line offense...Hokie receives the handoff...runs into the endzone for the touchdown...then you hear the pop of his knee (I could hear it in the lower terrace)

I immediately told my brother, who was sitting next to me, "Ooohhh...that didn't sound good at all!!!"

I’m way late to this thread, but my instant answer is Heath Evans. He doesn’t have a long, illustrious history with the Saints, but I can’t think of a better all-around FB.

Gosh...tough one. Lorenzo Neal had a good start when he was a rookie. He had that one big long run for a touchdown and then messed up his ankle the same year. He was a beast. I remember him going against sumo wrestler and punching Mario Bates in a fight. I didn't understand letting him go. He had potential.

Ironhead didn't have a good rookie season. Was considered a bust the first two years, but in his third year, he blew up. He was already a great blocker but he became a very good runner. Always had problems with Mora and was out of shape. But he was a good all around back. People may not remember this but he was a good receivers. Remember a lot of media phrased him for having soft hands. In my opinion, he was THE BUS before Jerome Bettis.

So I will have to pick Ironhead because he was the best overall package for a full back if he stay in shape.

I remember! With Sean Payton just imagine what he could've been.

Tony Galbreath was great in the late 70s. In 78 he opened holes for a 1k yd rusher (Muncie), had 600+ yds rushing himself and 70+ receptions/500+ yds receiving. Great hands. Good blocker.

Lorenzo neal was basically an extra O-lineman.

The only pure blocker who was better at fb was Sam Gash.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom