Who ARE Rams fans these days? (1 Viewer)

Section41

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I’m just curious who these diehard fans are they supposedly have. Are they people from St. Louis who still remain loyal? Generational Rams fans from pre-1994? Bandwagon fans who just signed on last year?

I mean, who is their fan base?

It's a mystery to me as well. The Coliseum was more than half empty all year long even when they had one of the winningest teams in football. And it was overtaken by visiting fans a few times and was still half empty.

Gotta be bandwagon fans, just like most LA sports. Look at Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers attendance when the teams aren't in the hunt for a championship. These fans are the most obvious bandwagon fans though considering the Rams have been good since game one.

Ok. I'm going to be the bad guy here and stick up for Rams fans. What where they supposed to do? Attend games for a team they didn't have? That's like saying the first year the Hornets moved here someone calling you a band wagoner for suddenly cheering for them. Well yeah i didn't give a crap about the Charlotte Hornets! Now the New Orleans Hornets that's a different story.

Their average attendance has been the following since getting to LA:

2016: 83,164
2017: 63,392
2018: 72,430

That's with playing in a stadium that was built in 1923.

3 year average: 72,996
Saints 3 year average: 73,100

Typical Los Angeles fans. They band wagon on any professional team that is doing well in the season regardless of the sport. When Kings (hockey) doing well, they jump on NHL. When the Lakers went down and Clippers were the city team, everyone hoped on that train (we know what happened to them), now they are all golden state warrior fans? When Dodgers were doing well, the LA fans jumped on ship and got hearts broken over and over again (which I enjoyed). Now here comes the rams band wagon... It's for real. Los Angeles fans are the most non-loyal fan base across the states. This is why I hate all LA teams no matter what.

It's some old guy in Los Angeles that forgot to throw away his old blue & yellow throwback jersey and has nothing else to do on most Sunday's during the season.
For this person there's not a lot of investment and as long as they are winning it beats sitting home watching reruns of Hoarders on the A&E channel.

Ok. I'm going to be the bad guy here and stick up for Rams fans. What where they supposed to do? Attend games for a team they didn't have? That's like saying the first year the Hornets moved here someone calling you a band wagoner for suddenly cheering for them. Well yeah i didn't give a crap about the Charlotte Hornets! Now the New Orleans Hornets that's a different story.

Their average attendance has been the following since getting to LA:

2016: 83,164
2017: 63,392
2018: 72,430

That's with playing in a stadium that was built in 1923.

3 year average: 72,996
Saints 3 year average: 73,100
Population of LA metro area: 13 million
Population of NO metro area: 1.2 million

LA Coliseum seating capacity: 93,000
Dome seating capacity: 73,000

Considering the Rams have fielded a good teams 2 years in a row, there's no excuse for not filling that stadium.

Typical Los Angeles fans. They band wagon on any professional team that is doing well in the season regardless of the sport. When Kings (hockey) doing well, they jump on NHL. When the Lakers went down and Clippers were the city team, everyone hoped on that train (we know what happened to them), now they are all golden state warrior fans? When Dodgers were doing well, the LA fans jumped on ship and got hearts broken over and over again (which I enjoyed). Now here comes the rams band wagon... It's for real. Los Angeles fans are the most non-loyal fan base across the states. This is why I hate all LA teams no matter what.

Do you anyone who is actually from LA in relation to the Lakers/Clippers? Cause everyone I know who is an actually basketball fan that is from LA actually has a basketball allegiance and don't just willy nilly switch back and forth. In fact, most of them treat it as a rivalry. I am sure there are fair weather fans, but that happens here too.

I live in the Los Angeles area and I've never seen an NFL fan base like here. I frequently go out in Saints T-shirts and have got nothing but compliments and we talk about Brees. I know this is a blanket statement, but the attitude I've seen around here is basically most people don't care. Of course, many people here are transplants from other areas of the country like myself. This is a Lakers town.

I have a lot of ties to the St Louis area. I think they only way most people from that area pull for the Rams, would be a rematch of the 2001/2002 Rams/Pats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom