Who belongs in the National Championship game.... (1 Viewer)

kewee

I exist as I am, that is enough
Reaction score
along with Mich/Ohio State (pending on who wins that game.)

1. USC
2. Rutgers
3. Florida
4. Notre Dame
5. Arkansas

I personally belive Rutgers should be in the NC if they win out.

I don't know enough about Rutgers' schedule, but IMO winning out should not be an automatic ticket to the NC game. If you play in a weak conference, and fill in with teams that are mostly not-so-good, an undefeated record isn't so meaningful. I'd take an LSU or an Auburn or the loser of the OSU/Michigan game over a team with a meaningless undefeated season. I'm not saying that Rutgers season falls into that category, just that undefeated isn't the only piece of the puzzle. That's what bugged me about the days before BCS rankings (which isn't perfect either) -- teams that had creampuff schedules were crowned as wonderful, then you'd have conferences such as the SEC who had better teams that had the "misfortune" of having to play each other.

It'll be between the winner of Florida/Arkansas (SEC Championship game) and Notre Dame/USC. I don't think Rutgers is going to survive vs WVU.

It'll be between the winner of Florida/Arkansas (SEC Championship game) and Notre Dame/USC. I don't think Rutgers is going to survive vs WVU.

I don't think they will, either -- although I still have to say, I haven't seen enough of Rutgers to make that a strong opinion on my part. I'm pulling for Rutgers to go undefeated however, having lived up that way for 14 years and spending a lot of time as an employment recruiter on Rutgers' campus! Assuming that Rutgers does win out, they should get a BCS bid -- it would be a crime if they didn't. What always makes me ill is that as long as Notre Dame is somewhere in the top 15, they will get a BCS bid, usually over a much more deserving team. Blech.

I think both Ohio State and Michigan should still be #1 and #2 after this game based on how the BCS works. OSUwill be undefeated and the Michigan will be 11-1 with their only loss against the top team in the nation. Michigan is a full point ahead of USC in the BCS as of the start of this week. Even with this loss, I think they'll still be ahead.

Last edited:
great interview by trussel after the game......

I think it should be Michigan. I want to see that game again.
GO BUCKS!!!

Well, I will say this; you can't decide based on the information at hand. At THIS second, I say USC. BUT, if USC loses they are gone. It is very realistic to consider LSU will probaly beat Arkansas, and then Arkansas COULD beat FL. Not even saying I want it to happen, but if it did UM plays again.

I think both teams today could have executed some things better, but I don't think Michigans best foot was forward. Either way, the way the next month plays out will be interesting.

GO BLUE!

Michigan is still the best, by far, of the one-loss teams. Compared to the other undefeated teams, they are better. The BCS championship should be between the top two teams in the country....and that is OSU/Michigan. Let's hear it for a rematch!!!

USC lost to Oregon State. Michigan lost to Ohio State AT Ohio State by 3, which is the amount oddsmakers give to the home team. I think w/o question it should be Michigan and let them play at a neutral site.

So what if Michigan rematches to beat OSU? We still won't have a clear champ. I'm hoping for an SEC rep.

USC lost to Oregon State. Michigan lost to Ohio State AT Ohio State by 3, which is the amount oddsmakers give to the home team. I think w/o question it should be Michigan and let them play at a neutral site.

I don't think that's particularly fair though. If Michigan wins the rematch it's still just 1-1 on the season. Is there a rubbermatch after that? Why should Ohio St. lose out on the NC because of the difficulty involved in beating a team twice in one season?

Not a big fan of rematches. I agree with Tressel when he said (pre-game) the two teams in the NC game should have won their respective conferences.

Either USC (if they beat Notre Dame) or then the winner out of Arkansas/Florida (assuming both go into the SEC championship game with only 1 loss).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom