Who belongs in the National Championship game.... (1 Viewer)

USC beat Arkansas without McFaddin which would be like someone beating Texas last year without Vince Young. Arkansas is a completely different team, IMO. If they don't turn the ball over, I like their chances versus anybody. Good defense and powerful running will win far more often than lose.

I don't know about you but I would love to see an OSU/UM rematch... that rematch up absolutely makes sense.

McFadden played in the USC game and had more rushes than Felix Jones.
I talked about it in another thread, but USC dismantled Arkansas on both sides of the ball, and for the second year in a row. Two times is not a fluke.

But Arkansas is a lot better than they were at the first of the year, but I think USC's defense is a whole lot better as well. No way should a one loss ARkansas make it over a one loss USC.

First let me say there is no "man love" for UF in my body. I hate Spurrier and Meyer is quickly assuming his new position as the most hated coach in the SEC. With all of that said you can't argue about FLA being in the BCS title game. A quick snapshot of their schedule sees these opponents: Tenn, LSU, Ala, Ga, Aub, FlaSt, and Ark in the title game. Going through that schedule with only ONE loss is impressive.

People want to jump on the USC bandwagon and claim by beating Cal, ND and UCLA they should be in the big game. USC plays all year in a far inferior conference with their biggest games outside of the conf against Neb and ND. Cal is overated, Tenn gave them a thumping and Tenn is probably the 5th best team in the SEC. ND has been playing JV teams the last few weeks and I think they have a very good chance of beating USC. Not an endorsement for ND, more of an endorsement that NEITHER is worthy of going to the big game. I will give Fla credit for annually playing FSU, usually both are very high in the polls...I'm sure if FSU was in the top 10 it would help furhter the argument.

Unfortunately I currently live in AZ and I have to endure the bow and reverence for USC on a weekly basis. It will be criminal to see USC in the title game over Mich or a one loss Gator team. A 8 team play-off would go a long way in solving this issue...of course then we would then debate teams 8, 9, 10 and who is the last team in. But wouldn't a 8 team play-off be intriguing this year. I for one would really enjoy a possible 1 vs 8 game of OSU vs LSU! Let the debate continue...

how come arkansas is only tough for florida and not sc, who did fla play non conference?

on second thought, maybe I would liek to see USC in the title game just to see them get the ever living crap beat out of them by Ohio State.

McFadden played in the USC game and had more rushes than Felix Jones.
I talked about it in another thread, but USC dismantled Arkansas on both sides of the ball, and for the second year in a row. Two times is not a fluke.

McFadden was 3 weeks removed from having his toe surgically reattached. He played very little, and was not supposed to play at all.

He was not close to 100%. USC got 31 points off 5 turnovers that night.......

on second thought, maybe I would liek to see USC in the title game just to see them get the ever living crap beat out of them by Ohio State.

I was totally against USC playing in the National Championship game until I read this. Now want to see them play for it just for the reason you suggested.

If there is one thing I don't want to see, that's a Big East team in the NC game. Their conference is the most overrated IMO.

And I want to see it for the exact opposite reason (and, of course, TRUE reason) - to see USC take it to the overrated Big 10 champs.

First let me say there is no "man love" for UF in my body. I hate Spurrier and Meyer is quickly assuming his new position as the most hated coach in the SEC. With all of that said you can't argue about FLA being in the BCS title game. A quick snapshot of their schedule sees these opponents: Tenn, LSU, Ala, Ga, Aub, FlaSt, and Ark in the title game. Going through that schedule with only ONE loss is impressive.

People want to jump on the USC bandwagon and claim by beating Cal, ND and UCLA they should be in the big game. USC plays all year in a far inferior conference with their biggest games outside of the conf against Neb and ND. Cal is overated, Tenn gave them a thumping and Tenn is probably the 5th best team in the SEC. ND has been playing JV teams the last few weeks and I think they have a very good chance of beating USC. Not an endorsement for ND, more of an endorsement that NEITHER is worthy of going to the big game. I will give Fla credit for annually playing FSU, usually both are very high in the polls...I'm sure if FSU was in the top 10 it would help furhter the argument.

Unfortunately I currently live in AZ and I have to endure the bow and reverence for USC on a weekly basis. It will be criminal to see USC in the title game over Mich or a one loss Gator team. A 8 team play-off would go a long way in solving this issue...of course then we would then debate teams 8, 9, 10 and who is the last team in. But wouldn't a 8 team play-off be intriguing this year. I for one would really enjoy a possible 1 vs 8 game of OSU vs LSU! Let the debate continue...

I agree with you 100000%. You hit the nail on the head about ND and USC being overrated.

it doesn't matter who the buckeyes play.

they'll crush the gators...
they'll demolish the overrated trojans...
arkansas??? ahhh, might be close for 3 quarters...
michigan might be even closer, but nobody wants a rematch...
notre dame shouldn't be in the equation!!!

bring them all on. OSU WILL WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

It looks like Michigan will hang on and we wil have a rematch
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings

Its not without precedent - didn;t Florida win their national title by beating Florida St. in the Sugar Bowl after Florida St. beat the Gators in the regular season?

It still stinks - I mean we just saw that game.
Plus, lets get some inter-conference stuff going.

The BCS has to go - and not necessarily go to a playoff, just get rid of the stupid BCS.

College football has been in existance for 110 years and there are about 250 champions, with regional polls having sway back before AP and UPI had a monopoly of sorts. With 115 Div I teams playing 11 or 12 games, and scant interconference comparisons to boot, you cannot reliably posit a defensible top team absent a playoff. Unless there are unvarnished exceptions (eg Nebraska 1995), these worthy teams rendered ineligible for the MNC game will forever play a "what if" scenario.

In 1974, UCLA desoyed NC St in the regular season, but lost narrowly in the championship game. Theire star player, David Thompson, had illegal induce,ments, and the UCLA team was racked by internal dissension. Even so, NC ST is the "best" team that year, even with a playoff. If a lucky break of referee call casts the football MNC in a similar light, the controversy continues.

I personally like the multiple regional champions of old. It's at least as good as the BCS computer system , designed by wankers for wankers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom