Who do we root for in the 49ers / Cowboys game? (1 Viewer)

Sweet meteor of death
As someone who lives in a Dallas suburb, if this happens and I die, I'm haunting you. And I won't be along the lines of Casper the friendly ghost. Think more of a combo of Poltergeist, the Ring and Amityville Horror.

If someone held a gun to my head I would pull for Cowboys and then go shower. Only because 49ers are still my #1 most hated team.

The old NFC West hatred (and I try not to use the words "hate" or "hatred" in my life but especially not in regards to something as trivial as football) for the 49ers was ingrained in me at an early age. It's something that I just can't shake.

The Cowboys are more of a joke to me. I don't like them but I don't hate them. To me they are comedy. An old control freak trying to recapture his former glory. A former glory that he helped walk right out of the building because of egos.

The 49ers are evil. The falcons are evil. The Rams are evil. The Cowboys are the harmless half whit who runs around town talking about how he can beat you up if it came to a scrap and then runs off at the first sign of trouble.

The upshot is at least one of them will lose this week. I do hate the 9ers far, far more. They kept use out of this playoffs, cost us a SB appearance, and was a division foe in the old NFC West. So I'd much, much rather see them eliminated.

That said, I'd be just fine if Dallas loses. I just love to see Jerry squirm.

If SF beats Dallas, I'd really like them to beat the brakes off of the Rams in the next round if the matchups fall that way.

Ideally, this weekend, I want to see the Rams, 9ers and Bucs all lose. I would be pretty content with that outcome and I would prefer the Cards be the team to go all the way.

You guys have me convinced. I'll hold my nose and hope Dallas wins. God even writing that I want to go shower.

I also hope Vander Esch or Lawrence or one of those guys knocks Kittle back to the trailer park that he crawled out of.

I remember the cheap helmet to helmet that knocked Pierre Thomas out of that game.

I remember having the best season we'd ever had, and wound up a wild card because the forty whiners we're still in our division.

I remember St Louis' "Greatest Show on Turf". (But a lot of that pain was wiped clean by Bobby McCray's hit on Warner after he got picked off in the '09 playoffs)

Yeah, rooting for the cowpies is almost as distasteful as I can imagine, but it's better than rooting for teams I hated for so many years.

I don’t care who has to do it…get Dallas and Tampa out.

I can’t stand Dallas or Jerry Jones. I hope they lose in the most heartbreaking, soul crushing way possible. The niners can be sorted out later and will provide some intrigue going forward as you know they are going to target the opponents best offensive player to put him out of the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom