Worst Possible Draft Scenario (1 Viewer)

Good thread. I think SR needs to prepare itself for a scenario like this, and simply trust the FO.

I wouldn't be surprised in this instance if they did go with a Clady or Williams, but I think it would be smarter to reach for Jenkins (NOT Talib) or reach for Laws.

Do I think Laws is worth #10 money? No, but hey I'm not paying it. :hihi: In all seriousness though, he might turn out to be even better than Dorsey or Ellis. Who knows, and the need is there.

Mendenhall.

I know it's not a popular pick but consider the situation...

Deuce is an unknown.
Is there another every down pounding running back on the team right now? I think not.

Note also that the team has done very little to address the RB position. I will not at all be surprised to see them draft a RB. I'd rather it not be a first rounder but if the above scenario plays out and they can't trade down, I don't think it would be the worst thing they could do.

Forte.

I know it's not a popular pick but consider the situation...

Deuce is an unknown.
Is there another every down pounding running back on the team right now? I think not.

Note also that the team has done very little to address the RB position. I will not at all be surprised to see them draft a RB. I'd rather it not be a first rounder but if the above scenario plays out and they can't trade down, I don't think it would be the worst thing they could do.

fixed it for ya. :9:

Otah would immediately improve the running game. Stinchcomb is a technician, he gets by using good technique but he's not a mauler. He isn't going to get great push just using straight strength. If this happens their would be chaos on the board but Otah would be an excellent pick. Then you could trade Stinchcomb, Streif, or Bushrod for additional picks.

I'm really hoping that by some minor miracle one of the DTs (Dorsey or Ellis) is there. Honestly Rivers scares me. He played in a great USC D and didn't put eye popping numbers. He's got the measurables but so did Mark Fields. Mendenhall? You mean Pierre Thomas' backup? Look at his measurables - 5' 11", 210 lb.....sound familiar? It should he's the exact height and weight of P. Thomas. We already have a Mendenhall clone on the roster. DRC should be the pick if they don't go Otah......

I'd actually like to see them pick up Forte - but in the second or third round. If he's still there in the 3rd it's a no-brainer, IMO.

this will never happen. but i will totally be cool with taking clady

If the player isn't there, then somebody will see value in the # 10 and offer some type of trade for Matt Ryan. If no good values come up, then go with Otah. Of course, you never know what the scouts really think about players like Jenkins & Balmer because those guys have been all over the mock draft boards between #5-#31. Because of the Meachem is like a new 1st rounder this year, it wouldn't kill me to see a blockbuster deal like a starter, some other team's #2 and next year's 1st rounder for the pick.

i would expect the saints to take the highest rated player on their board and i would expect that to be matt ryan... fwiw i'd also expect a trade before atlanta's 2nd round picks for our 1st, something like 2 of their 2nds... and spam's post about c. williams isn't far out either, i just think otah is the better player (more upside, can play more positions) from among him, clady, and williams

I'd take Derrick Harvey....best defensive player available. No need to reach for a corner or Balmer....

Taking the BPA at #10 is usually the best pick, but I don't think it should be Ryan for the Saints.

We will not reach for a defensive player. They will take the BPA even if that means it's an offensive player. If they can trade out they might.

I would take Kenny Phillips. Too many fans here seem desensitized to our bad safety play--it needs to be addressed. Bullocks is just not good, and Harper is average. If we get a safety that can stop the deep ball while Harper takes the more underneath routes the whole defense would benefit a LOT.

i would expect the saints to take the highest rated player on their board and i would expect that to be matt ryan... fwiw i'd also expect a trade before atlanta's 2nd round picks for our 1st, something like 2 of their 2nds... and spam's post about c. williams isn't far out either, i just think otah is the better player (more upside, can play more positions) from among him, clady, and williams

Exactly, someone would want Matt Ryan so we would be able to trade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom