Worst Possible Draft Scenario (1 Viewer)

I would take Kenny Phillips. Too many fans here seem desensitized to our bad safety play--it needs to be addressed. Bullocks is just not good, and Harper is average. If we get a safety that can stop the deep ball while Harper takes the more underneath routes the whole defense would benefit a LOT.

While I agree our safety play is less that stellar, I think Phillips is a reach at #10. He's more of a mid-to-late 20's player. Trade down or wait and get a similar player in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I like DaJuan Morgan in the 2nd and/or DJ Parker in the 3rd, for example.

While I agree our safety play is less that stellar, I think Phillips is a reach at #10. He's more of a mid-to-late 20's player. Trade down or wait and get a similar player in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I like DaJuan Morgan in the 2nd and/or DJ Parker in the 3rd, for example.

If we can trade down and still get him, great. The Redskins might be a good partner at #21 and they're easy to shaft. Trading down is usually easier said than done though.

i would expect the saints to take the highest rated player on their board and i would expect that to be matt ryan... ...

:plus-un2: Yeah. I'm really trying to prepare myself for the FO drafting offense with the pick. Hey, everybody knows they shouldn't, but we could've said that last year too and they took a WR. I'm thinking if it's offense, it'll be QB Ryan or one of the OTs. Hopefully Dorsey or Ellis will fall and they won't be able to pass them up. Go Saints!

1. MIA - Chris Long
2. STL - Jake Long
3. ATL - Glenn Dorsey
4. OAK - Darren McFadden
5. KC - Sedrick Ellis
6. NYJ - Vernon Gholston
7. NE - Leodis Mckelvin
8. BAL - DRC
9. CIN - Keith Rivers
10. NO - ????

This seems like a likely scenario. Mike Jenkins is the only top corner available. Aqib maybe as well. Suppose Matt Ryan's stock drops like crazy, and nobody is willing to trade up to our spot. What do we do now?

This could definately happen. I think if Dorsey or Ellis are there at #8 we trade up. I would trade for Dorsey but not for Ellis.

If you can't trade down, you take Clady, Otah or Mendenhall. If the Saints smell this coming, they will trade up.

In that scenerio, I would be looking to trade down far enough to get another 2nd round pick. A team like Baltimore may seriously want to trade up for Matt Ryan at #10. Atlanta would likely jump at the opportunity, but would the Saints make a deal with a division opponent so that they could land their franchise QB?. I wouldn't.

7 out of 9 defensive players???? this draft has awesome RBs and OTs, someone will want these pretty bad, those two positions alone are considered ready to play from day one pretty much. CBs are in need and many starters go in round 1, 2 so lets get one while we can.

In that scenerio, I would be looking to trade down far enough to get another 2nd round pick. A team like Baltimore may seriously want to trade up for Matt Ryan at #10. Atlanta would likely jump at the opportunity, but would the Saints make a deal with a division opponent so that they could land their franchise QB?. I wouldn't.

Actually carolina, chicago, detroit, Minnesotta would all likely call us up offering trades, especially the ones in bold.

Then if you added all the teams that would trade up for mendenhall, our teams phones would be ringing off the hook.

This scenerio is only bad for us if we can not make a trade happen, but I am pretty sure we could find at least one legitimate offer.

I'll take DE Philip Merling and move Charles to DT spot. That would really solidfy the D-line and be insurance if we can't get Will Smith signed. I also like Clady at LT and moving Brown back to RT.
Whenever you have doubt always take the linemen, they have a high percentage of be a safer pick.

If we were able to trade down to the 20's, I would take a strong look at Branden Albert of Virginia. With him and Evans at guards, we would be having one of the best and youngest offensive lines in the field.

It is not a popular pick, but Albert would make Deuce, Reggie and Thomas much better players.

i think it would depend on whether or not loomis thinks ryan is a franchise-type QB and on whether or not we got good value for the pick... their first two #2s (with maybe something else thrown in) seems like a good deal... with 3 picks in the 2nd the saints could get healthy quickly (hell, connor *and* mayo might be there, not to mention some good CBs)

IF we picked Ryan there I would cry. Brees is our guy for years to come, so we can draft a guy lower and groom him for a few years.

Other than that, BPA, but only if we couldn't trade. God help us if we can't trade, cause our D didn't get any better in the 1st round....again!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom