would a patriots loss (1 Viewer)

Nope, but....I know Black&Gold4877 going to be mad about this one. Im still ticked that no one ever talks about how they cheated. They weren't accussed, they were proven guilty. Yet people say this is the greatest team ever. I really don't care, Barry Bonds has never been proven guilty (except by hearsay and book, not that I think he is clean), and he get more grief than any human alive. However, the Patriots' cheating just gets swept under the rug and proclaimed as motivation for their wonderful, glorious season. Sorry, I had to vent, Im a little bored right now.

You're entitled to an opinion, it doesn't bother me in the least. I don't know what exactly you want them to do though, I mean they were fined more heavily than any team in the history of the league and it's still brought up by random talking heads all the time. If you really want to hold 1 quarter of the first game of the season against them feel free. As far as the Bonds issue goes, I would say that the Pats were fined and their accomplishments dragged through the mud, which is worse than Bonds, and really it's for similar reasons, i.e. Belichick and Bonds are both viewed as jerks by the media, which isn't entirely false. I honestly believe that if it were a team no one really cared about (like the Cards) or a team with a leader that people liked (like the colts) than this would have been a non issue, but hey that's just me.

Would a patriots loss almost make up for the saints season. For me it would it wouldnt make up for it completely but i would just love to see the pats lose anyone else?

Yes. It would for me.

. The 72' dolphins couldn't beat the 07' dolphins.

Great quote.

I just want to see the Pats take it all and then leave a bag of fllaming dog poo on the doorsteps of Mercury Morris and Don Shula. I am tired of Shula and Morris saying they were the best ever.

YES! :hihi:

Actually, no. The Pats have nothing to do with the Saints. We didn't even play them this year so we can't lay blame on them for our demise.

I mean that plus the Pats and Saints aren't even in the same conference and really have nothing to do with each other other than the fact that I'm a fan of both teams and they are both in the NFL. honestly if you want to measure how great a team is see how many opposing teams fans hate them for basically no reason. It would be like if the Cards won 3 Superbowls and Dolphin fans started hating them.

I mean that plus the Pats and Saints aren't even in the same conference and really have nothing to do with each other other than the fact that I'm a fan of both teams and they are both in the NFL. honestly if you want to measure how great a team is see how many opposing teams fans hate them for basically no reason. It would be like if the Cards won 3 Superbowls and Dolphin fans started hating them.

It has nothing to do with conference rivalry or them winning or losing. I just don't like the lack of humility shown when they were caught cheating. Yes they should shrug it off and move on, AFTER they are contrite and accept that what they did was wrong.

I never saw that from this team. What I saw was a middle finger at the league for catching them doing something that was wrong. Guys, they got caught doing it 3 times prior (this time the NFL themselves came in and caught them instead of regular stadium officials as in the past) as well as were warned more than once by the NFL not to do it.

That arrogance and disregard for the NFL front office as well as the rest of the league makes me dislike them. NOT them winning or losing.

It has nothing to do with conference rivalry or them winning or losing. I just don't like the lack of humility shown when they were caught cheating. Yes they should shrug it off and move on, AFTER they are contrite and accept that what they did was wrong.

That arrogance and disregard for the NFL front office as well as the rest of the league makes me dislike them. NOT them winning or losing.

Hear, hear! I fully agree! In fact, I'm very disappointed the NFL did not come down on them harder! They cheated! The rules are very specific when it comes to filming games and the Patriots just completely ignored them. Do you think Tony Dungee would think of doing what Belichick did? I don't think so. It's like playing poker with the guys at your best friend's house and then finding out he marked the cards. What would you do.. just say "no biggie" and open a new deck of cards? Wouldn't you feel like your trust had been violated?

At the very least I would've stricken their WHOLE draft for 2008 and made them ineligible for post-season play this year. I guarantee you wouldn't see anyone else cheat just to get an edge on the other teams!

Jax will beat the patriots this weekend, i'll guarantee it.

almost make up for the saints season. For me it would it wouldnt make up for it completely but i would just love to see the pats lose anyone else?

This has nothing at all to do with our season. Myself, I think they will lose in the playoffs. Had they lost one of those last games or even the very last game they would have refocused and rolled through the playoffs. Since this is not the case, I personally feel like one of the two opponents will beat them and there goes the undefeated season any way. Just my opinion and that is all. Had they lost, the Patriots would have destroyed thier last couple of opponents all the way through the SB.

The Pats losing will have no effect on the way I feel about this season. We Choked, we were hyped, and we failed to meet expectations. I will not "hate" on another team for stepping up to the plate and delivering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom