would a patriots loss (1 Viewer)

almost make up for the saints season. For me it would it wouldnt make up for it completely but i would just love to see the pats lose anyone else?

Absolutly not but I can't see them getting past the Jags & then the Colts. And yes the Colts will murderize SD. But if somehow the Pats can survive the Jags then beat the Colts you got to give it up to them, as they will have earned it. I say that & I can't stand them nor the Cowboys. I can easily see a Cols vs Packer SB.

We are this close to not having to hear about the 72 Dolphins ever again and you wanta blow it now?

i hope when the pats go all the way. They tell the dolphins we went through your neighborhood to get to ours. sorry ours is the gated community. The 72' dolphins couldn't beat the 07' dolphins.

I always go for the underdog and the Pats / Jags game is no different. I will go for the Jags all the way.

I don't get all the Pats hate.
I don't like them, but I don't want to see them lose just to see them lose. They're a great team, and 16-0 proves it, though the refs helped them along a few games with that.

I'm ok with the Pats.

until they play my Jags/Chargers :hihi:

I feel the same way (minus the Jags/Chargers line).

Don't like the Pats, but the 72 Dolphins are the most overrated anything since New Coke.

I could care less how they do, Don't care for em, but disinterested enough not to pay attention to em.

It's poor sportsmanship to say otherwise in my view,don't like em, dont watch em.

Being that this season was lousy for us, the Patriots losing would be the most satisfying moment of the season for me. Personally, I hate them. I hate butt-chin, his on-field prima-donna whining and his oh-so phony attempts at humility. I hate Belichick, his disrespect for his opponents and his classless attempts to run up the score. That being said, I DO respect them. What they've done this decade is nothing short of remarkable, especially given that this is the first dynasty of free agency... but I do not respect them enough to ever cheer for them to go undefeated. The hierarchy of joy still to be extracted from this season, for me, is as follows:

3. Patriots lose
2. Patriots lose to San Diego (I cheer for them until they play us and I'd love to see some sweet revenge from last year)
1. Chargers win Super Bowl

Now, none of it would make up for this bad Saints season; they're incompatible so there's no "consolation" to be found there. HOWEVER, the hierarchy for what COULD make up for this dismal season, for me, is as follows:

3: Draft James Laurinaitis in the 1st; Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in the 2nd
2: Draft Kenny Phillips in the 1st; Shawn Crable in the 2nd
1: Draft Sedrick Ellis in the 1st; Shawn Crable in the 2nd

THAT would be our consolation.

i'd like to see them erase the '72 dolphins.

better regular season record (16-0 vs. 14-0)? check.

I want to see the Pats go all the way so Mercury Morris might just shut up.

I'm a '72 Dolphins fan, so of course I want to see them pop open the champagne bottle yet another year... plus, the look on the Patriots faces would be priceless.

However, the Patriots season has little bearing on my feeling regarding this Saints season.

I also disagree that this was the most disappointing season ever... going 12-4 in the regular season with a top ranked defense, and ending up one-and-done in the playoffs (yet again) is far, far more disappointing (see 1992).

Nope, but....I know Black&Gold4877 going to be mad about this one. Im still ticked that no one ever talks about how they cheated. They weren't accussed, they were proven guilty. Yet people say this is the greatest team ever. I really don't care, Barry Bonds has never been proven guilty (except by hearsay and book, not that I think he is clean), and he get more grief than any human alive. However, the Patriots' cheating just gets swept under the rug and proclaimed as motivation for their wonderful, glorious season. Sorry, I had to vent, Im a little bored right now.

Nope, but....I know Black&Gold4877 going to be mad about this one. Im still ticked that no one ever talks about how they cheated. They weren't accussed, they were proven guilty. Yet people say this is the greatest team ever. I really don't care, Barry Bonds has never been proven guilty (except by hearsay and book, not that I think he is clean), and he get more grief than any human alive. However, the Patriots' cheating just gets swept under the rug and proclaimed as motivation for their wonderful, glorious season. Sorry, I had to vent, Im a little bored right now.

I understand where you're coming from, but there have been a lot of people who've brought up the cheating thing, and the fact that it's been proven. The rebuttal by Patriots' fans is that all teams do it - they just happened to get caught.

Here's my argument. While I agree that cheating is cheating, and should be punished, they were punished with fines and the loss of a draft pick. Furthermore, they still have to go out and play the game, much like Barry Bonds had to go out and swing the bat. If he did use steroids, I doubt they improved his vision and hand-eye coordination, which is key to being a successful hitter. In like manner,video-taping another teams defensive tendencies or whatever is was, will not yield Moss' record number of TD catches - many in traffic with defenders draped around them, or keeping Brady virtually clean in the pocket most of the season, IMO. The benefit of what the Patriots cheated on would be drawing up offensive playcalls to counter what they saw on tape, but they still had to execute it.

I am not taking up for the Patriots - I don't care about them one way or the other, and I hope that Jax beats them this weekend. I am just stating my opinion, and you guys are right to loathe them for cheating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom