Yahoo article injuries to Brown, Bush and Horn (1 Viewer)

I probably watch more football (Saints included) than any two people on this forum.

Now that means next to nothing. I know he has been a big part of the reason we have won games, however eventually he has to start doing more than be a decoy. He is going to have to produce soon. Baltimore didn't seem too concerned he was on the field.

I agree with you here. He does need to start doing more than being just a decoy. If he doesn't start getting more production then that will negate his effectiveness to even be a decoy.

but doesn't that (him being a decoy) have more to do with the playcalling than the player? I mean, reggie can't call his own number so until defenses quit keying on him, he will be a decoy more often than not.

When his number has been called, especially in the running game, he hasn't done much to capitalize. Don't you think that if the coaches thought he could contribute (other than being a decoy) his number would be called more?

His production so far has been more than enough to allow him to continue to be an effective decoy. Anyone who is doubting that Bush has had anything less than a major contribution to this offense is seriously missing the finer points of the game and is probably just a Fantasy football stats-watcher. My biggest knock on Reggie, and really my only knock, is that he still hasn't learned how to hit the relatively smaller holes in the NFL as fast and hard as he should. The guy has a game-winning punt return for a TD. He's one of the league-leading receivers, and he's hell on third-down conversions. If you're still a doubter in this young season, please look closely at the way the defense shifts to key on this guy. He IS the MAJOR focal point for every defense we've played so far this year. He is getting doubled on pass routes, even short ones! He is spied when he goes in motion. Several of Deuce's big runs have come off that fake end around to Bush to pull the linebacker and the safety out of Deuce's path. I know I'm not the only one to notice this special attention. Almost every week the game announcers spotlight how the defense is keying on Bush. All this for a guy who hasn't lit the league on fire. He has played well but his reputation is the big reason. If he talks a little to get that focus even more, that's great! More focus on Reggie. More big plays for Deuce, Horn and Colston. I'll keep taking the victories, and, boy, look out for the day when the defenses start keying on someone else. Then, I think you'll see the reason why defenses are keying on him now. The thing is, I don't think defenses will come off him. The professionals KNOW how dangerous he is. And, oh, by the way, he's been playing with a bad ankle all year.

yes excellent!!!

I see that my fellow saints fans have turned on bush

my plan as worked perfectly

MUAHAHUAUHUA

JK

whoever is saying "Bush should shutup and take it like a man" needs to shutup. If someone just made a comment publicly insulting you and talking about intentionally trying to hurt you, would you just shutup? Please. Although the tackle wasn't dirty, Scott's comments show he is a classless idiot.

His production so far has been more than enough to allow him to continue to be an effective decoy. Anyone who is doubting that Bush has had anything less than a major contribution to this offense is seriously missing the finer points of the game and is probably just a Fantasy football stats-watcher. My biggest knock on Reggie, and really my only knock, is that he still hasn't learned how to hit the relatively smaller holes in the NFL as fast and hard as he should. The guy has a game-winning punt return for a TD. He's one of the league-leading receivers, and he's hell on third-down conversions. If you're still a doubter in this young season, please look closely at the way the defense shifts to key on this guy. He IS the MAJOR focal point for every defense we've played so far this year. He is getting doubled on pass routes, even short ones! He is spied when he goes in motion. Several of Deuce's big runs have come off that fake end around to Bush to pull the linebacker and the safety out of Deuce's path. I know I'm not the only one to notice this special attention. Almost every week the game announcers spotlight how the defense is keying on Bush. All this for a guy who hasn't lit the league on fire. He has played well but his reputation is the big reason. If he talks a little to get that focus even more, that's great! More focus on Reggie. More big plays for Deuce, Horn and Colston. I'll keep taking the victories, and, boy, look out for the day when the defenses start keying on someone else. Then, I think you'll see the reason why defenses are keying on him now. The thing is, I don't think defenses will come off him. The professionals KNOW how dangerous he is. And, oh, by the way, he's been playing with a bad ankle all year.

Eventually if you don't produce, defenses will stop paying so much attention to you.......

I am not saying he isn't a key..... I am not saying he isn't talented..... I am not saying he is a bust...... All I am saying is its time to see something other than "hey look at me". Its time to see him put up and be the player he was in college. We need big plays and we need points......

Eventually if you don't produce, defenses will stop paying so much attention to you.......

I am not saying he isn't a key..... I am not saying he isn't talented..... I am not saying he is a bust...... All I am saying is its time to see something other than "hey look at me". Its time to see him put up and be the player he was in college. We need big plays and we need points......

PREACH ON BROTHER....i agree completely

Man, I dont know about you but those 2nd and 3rd plays from scrimmage against Baltimore were not his fault. The quick screen, was a busted blocking assignment where the defender ran right past his man, and made a tackle as Reggie was catching the ball. The third play where he fumbled, he was getting tackled as the ball was being handed off to him. It seems when Reggie is in the game, teams are gameplanning to go all out to stop him. It could be why other players on our team are being so productive. The only play I put full blame on Reggie was the interception. That ball should have not been thrown.

When his number has been called, especially in the running game, he hasn't done much to capitalize. Don't you think that if the coaches thought he could contribute (other than being a decoy) his number would be called more?

Your right, he's a bust after 7 games. Lets just release him and start using Stecker more.

And OMG I can't beleive we dropped Chase Lyman... he has been one of the greatest Saints of all time!

Once the entire defense stops keying on him every play maybe he can produce something. Do you honestly think the rest of the offense would do as well if they werent paying so much attention to Bush?

I don't know about this "keying" on him argument. I've seen many great players over the years, especially ones on bad teams, that have been keyed upon by opposing defenses. Indeed, in many instances everyone up to and including the guy selling popcorn knew where the ball was going. They still dominated. Maybe that's setting the bar too high for Reggie to clear, but there is no doubt he was touted as that kind of "once in a decade" player before the draft. So far he's done some good things, but we haven't seen that kind of consistent excellence from him. Not close.

I don't know about this "keying" on him argument. I've seen many great players over the years, especially ones on bad teams, that have been keyed upon by opposing defenses. Indeed, in many instances everyone up to and including the guy selling popcorn knew where the ball was going. They still dominated. Maybe that's setting the bar too high for Reggie to clear, but there is no doubt he was touted as that kind of "once in a decade" player before the draft. So far he's done some good things, but we haven't seen that kind of consistent excellence from him. Not close.

I agree. He has not yet been the "Savior", but that was stupid to try and thrust upon the guy to begin with. I think most people just need to chill and let him work out his pro game. He is just a rook.

I agree. He has not yet been the "Savior", but that was stupid to try and thrust upon the guy to begin with. I think most people just need to chill and let him work out his pro game. He is just a rook.

This is all too true. I like his spunk and the fact that he defended himself from Bart (Simpson?) comments.

What this thread should be about is the fact that Brown may not play and there is absolutely no backup to fill his spot. Wow, talk about lack of holes for Bush then!

This is all too true. I like his spunk and the fact that he defended himself from Bart (Simpson?) comments.

What this thread should be about is the fact that Brown may not play and there is absolutely no backup to fill his spot. Wow, talk about lack of holes for Bush then!

Brown better play. And if he doesnt, Strief batter play. And at that point I think we hope Strief is some kind of monster steal...

Boy I hope Brown plays.

Bush has contributed, though last week the RB position was out of the game by half time

as a runner he isnt as productive as deuce, however he needs to change his style of running to be a good pro back

we also need better run blocking oline

personally i could care less about his stats as long as we win

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom