You can't cut Carr next year, so who can fix him? (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
I know we are in the seething stage of the fanbase's relationship with the guy, but he's here next year. We either cut him in 2025 or we restructure him in 2024 and have him even longer.

So let's assume we take a young 1st round QB (probably too much to ask) and Carr starts the season with a new coach. Who can help bring out the best in him? I don't think he's suddenly become a terrible QB after being firmly mid-tier with the Raiders. I definitely think there are other factors at play with the current coaching.

Are there any offensive-minded coaches out there you'd like to see pursued as HC and/or OC? I have no doubt seeing what Sean Payton has done with a completely washed Russell Wilson that it's possible to improve things.

Again, we aren't talking long-term starter. Just as a bridge for a rookie. Who is on your wish list to revamp this system?

You can't help but admire what Ben Johnson has done with Jared Goff, who in many ways fit the Carr profile in getting run off from the Rams and subsequently sputtering early with Detroit. I wanted Pederson, but since missing out on him, Johnson has been the guy I've wanted ever since. I hope that Campbell would put in a good word for our organization should we fire DA after the season and reach out. Johnson is the guy.

Brian Johnson: Eagles OC
Ben Johnson: Lions OC
Crazy as it sounds (Hire Frank Reich to become our OC if DA stays and the demote PC.

That's three off the top of my head right now. But there's more.
Do not Demote him! He doesn’t need to be on this staff. We need to stop this friends group we have here. Sean used to keep his friends around and give them other titles. That costed us another ring. I get it’s tough firing friends but it has to be done. Unless you want to be unemployed with them.

Brian Johnson: Eagles OC
Ben Johnson: Lions OC
Crazy as it sounds (Hire Frank Reich to become our OC if DA stays and they demote PC.

That's three off the top of my head right now. But there's more.
I thought Reich said he was done with football after back to back mid season firings.

You can't help but admire what Ben Johnson has done with Jared Goff, who in many ways fit the Carr profile in getting run off from the Rams and subsequently sputtering early with Detroit. I wanted Pederson, but since missing out on him, Johnson has been the guy I've wanted ever since. I hope that Campbell would put in a good word for our organization should we fire DA after the season and reach out. Johnson is the guy.

Johnson will be the hottest name on the market. I can't imagine he'd want to walk into this mess if he has other suitors. The Bears are going to be an extremely attractive landing spot with two premium firsts in a QB rich draft.

Johnson will be the hottest name on the market. I can't imagine he'd want to walk into this mess if he has other suitors. The Bears are going to be an extremely attractive landing spot with two premium firsts in a QB rich draft.
Just me but if I’m the Bears, go OT and WR with those picks. Give Fields something to work with before you move on

First we have to look at who has already fixed a broken QB.
Obviously Ben Johnson fixed Goff to where he is exceeding expectations.
Brian Johnson has helped mold Hurts into a better passer and he could do wonders with inserting packages designed for TH7.

Next I’d look at Frank Smith from the Dolphins bc he knows how to scheme WRs open and he always finds a way to keep their running game moving despite injuries. Not sure if he’s HC material, but the same can be said for any of the OCs who have no HC experience.

After that, I would have to give Ken Dorsey some consideration (for OC), but he’s implosive, so he’s last resort for me. Good OC, just implosive.

Then, I would raid the assistant staff of the 49ers, Ravens, and Eagles for Oline and Defense.

I am of the view that we go all in to draft one of the top QB's this year and hire an innovative offensive head coach. We have to keep Carr for '24 so put our future franchise QB under him for a year to learn. First we have to rid ourselves of this staff and I'm still not sure that will happen1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom