You can't cut Carr next year, so who can fix him? (2 Viewers)

I’d focus on fixing the running game. I’d be looking heavy for a new OC along with a new OL coach. I know we’ve seen slight improvement over the weeks, but don’t get full on the breadcrumbs. DC will look worth the money if the running game takes off.

I find it very difficult to say that Carr is broken when I see other great players all over the field under performing. Having seen it since last season, Carr is just the latest player not playing well in this system if you can even call it a system. I think he's being scapegoated because he's the new guy that was supposed to fix things and it all just looks the same.

So for me it comes down to who can they bring in to get the best out of all of our players on offense. Do they run a blocking scheme that works with our guys on the o-line? Do they have a screen game that can make use of AK in space? Do they have plays that can make use of MT, Olave and Shaheed with all of them playing to their strengths?

I don't know enough about coaches to know the answer but, while I appreciate the question, I think the real question is far broader than the one you're asking.

You bring in a new coach and give Carr another shot. If he underperforms in the new system, you bench him assuming you have someone better. Seems pretty straight forward.

The other option is to trade him back to the Raiders. Not as crazy as it sounds and all parties could be interested.

I know we are in the seething stage of the fanbase's relationship with the guy, but he's here next year. We either cut him in 2025 or we restructure him in 2024 and have him even longer.

So let's assume we take a young 1st round QB (probably too much to ask) and Carr starts the season with a new coach. Who can help bring out the best in him? I don't think he's suddenly become a terrible QB after being firmly mid-tier with the Raiders. I definitely think there are other factors at play with the current coaching.

Are there any offensive-minded coaches out there you'd like to see pursued as HC and/or OC? I have no doubt seeing what Sean Payton has done with a completely washed Russell Wilson that it's possible to improve things.

Again, we aren't talking long-term starter. Just as a bridge for a rookie. Who is on your wish list to revamp this system?
LOL. This is what’s trending. First off this regime never had a chance. The overwhelming negativity from everywhere just doomed it. Not just from here either. EX Raiders, and all of the YT people and everywhere else. The expectations were way too high for an average team to grow. It took hurricane Katrina to destroy the expectations prior to Sean’s arrival. People were just glad they still had a team and didn’t move to San Antonio. So ppl shut their mouths up and just rode with it. It was very positive in those days. What will happen now, Da will likely be fired, and a new coach will come in, and he’ll cut all of the old vets that aren’t tied to huge dead money. Carr will be retained, and he’ll endure yet another coaching change. ( Only because he’s tied to the team). And the new regime will be totally hamstrung and will have to try and win with a lame duck group of players. Which they ofc won’t. Then three games into next season, we’ll see threads, did we make a mistake? Our D was at least serviceable with DA. etc etc. It'll be a total disaster for 3 years minimum until we rid those high cap number vets. Not only that, the coach that will come here will have to be young and unknown and will just take any opportunity, Or you try and salvage the current group with really only one coach that knows the team and QB. And thats Gruden. But that’s also a disaster, in the making, because the people want the place bulldozered. I don’t even think Gruden can win over this miserable negativity vibe. Do I want a change? yes if we don’t win out. Or do something showing some signs of life, then it’s inevitable. Gruden may also say no way to coaching here. He may sniff out that it’s a trap. Because it is. Hopefully ML has something up his sleeve.

Just me but if I’m the Bears, go OT and WR with those picks. Give Fields something to work with before you move on
Nah, when they are that high, they need to find a QB. Fields does not appear to be it.

The problem is Loomis. He has refused to prepare for the future for what Im guessing is 6-7 years now. We shouldve used a 1st round pick and drafted a QB around 2017 at the latest. Now this franchise is being led by an incompetent HC, with a largely incompetent staff and invested 150 million in a 32 year old QB when the franchise is in desperate need of a full revamp from GM down.

People think Loomis has a protective shield around him because he hit the lottery hiring Payton and that Saban questioned Brees' recovery in Miami and won a SB in 09. But since 2018, Loomis hasnt done much right. He is the most stale in an organization that is well past its expiration date.

He has now handcuffed the franchise with a QB that isnt any better than the backup, a HC he refuses to acknowledge was a mistake, a boatload of early and mid round pick depth and development he gave up in some excessively dumb draft day trades, and a perpetually disastrous salary cap situation that has reached a crisis point with age/production and NOT having the cheaper players on their rookie contracts from the already mentioned draft day trades.

Bench him and draft a QB.
If we can somehow get high enough to draft a QB of the future, we need to do it regardless. This team needs to be looking towards the future and not continue trying to hold on to the past with expensive aging players.

Johnson will be the hottest name on the market. I can't imagine he'd want to walk into this mess if he has other suitors. The Bears are going to be an extremely attractive landing spot with two premium firsts in a QB rich draft.
This team is NOT a mess. It’s the coaching. We are 5-6, can’t score TDs, but somehow we are right in it for a division title. With all of our talent, you honestly don’t think someone would want to accept a possible cakewalk division title? What planet do yall live on🤣

This team is NOT a mess. It’s the coaching. We are 5-6, can’t score TDs, but somehow we are right in it for a division title. With all of our talent, you honestly don’t think someone would want to accept a possible cakewalk division title? What planet do yall live on🤣
What does winning this division get for a coach though? Coaches want to go somewhere that they see a future. This team is over $80 million over the cap and most of the money is invested in aging veterans on the downside of their careers. It is a mess.

You don't have to cut him....you don't have to play him

We have an out (17M dead cap as opposed to 36M on roster) after next year...just eat it, get rid of him. I think he's breaking the locker room just as much as DA is
This.

Don’t waste another year trying to build around Carr. Draft a QB and let him compete with Carr and Haener. Hopefully he makes it close enough to where you see what he has in 2024. If he’s your QB of the future, great. If not, draft another in 2025.

I don't think he can be fixed. The best course of action is to the best rookie QB you can get and you go into camp with Carr as your starter. You might get Carr for another year but the transition will already be underway. Or if the rookie is ready, you only have Carr around for that one season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom