You can't cut Carr next year, so who can fix him? (2 Viewers)

I find it very difficult to say that Carr is broken when I see other great players all over the field under performing. Having seen it since last season, Carr is just the latest player not playing well in this system if you can even call it a system. I think he's being scapegoated because he's the new guy that was supposed to fix things and it all just looks the same.

So for me it comes down to who can they bring in to get the best out of all of our players on offense. Do they run a blocking scheme that works with our guys on the o-line? Do they have a screen game that can make use of AK in space? Do they have plays that can make use of MT, Olave and Shaheed with all of them playing to their strengths?

I don't know enough about coaches to know the answer but, while I appreciate the question, I think the real question is far broader than the one you're asking.
I agree with most of that, but... Carr sucks.

I know we are in the seething stage of the fanbase's relationship with the guy, but he's here next year. We either cut him in 2025 or we restructure him in 2024 and have him even longer.

So let's assume we take a young 1st round QB (probably too much to ask) and Carr starts the season with a new coach. Who can help bring out the best in him? I don't think he's suddenly become a terrible QB after being firmly mid-tier with the Raiders. I definitely think there are other factors at play with the current coaching.

Are there any offensive-minded coaches out there you'd like to see pursued as HC and/or OC? I have no doubt seeing what Sean Payton has done with a completely washed Russell Wilson that it's possible to improve things.

Again, we aren't talking long-term starter. Just as a bridge for a rookie. Who is on your wish list to revamp this system?
Well, Payton of course, lol. But idk. Who out there is a strong willed, creative offensive coach who can provide structure/system that keeps Carr accountable, and takes advantage of the strengths he has. I'm stumped as to who that would be.

You can't help but admire what Ben Johnson has done with Jared Goff, who in many ways fit the Carr profile in getting run off from the Rams and subsequently sputtering early with Detroit. I wanted Pederson, but since missing out on him, Johnson has been the guy I've wanted ever since. I hope that Campbell would put in a good word for our organization should we fire DA after the season and reach out. Johnson is the guy.
I'm down with this. I've heard nothing but good things about this guy. And considering what he's done with Goff, whom many wrote off as a lost cause, maybe he can do the same with Carr?

Well, Payton of course, lol. But idk. Who out there is a strong willed, creative offensive coach who can provide structure/system that keeps Carr accountable, and takes advantage of the strengths he has. I'm stumped as to who that would be.
That’s the issue. No one knows until that person is thrusted into a HC role. The new HC doesn’t even have to be strong willed. Just extremely detailed oriented with the ability to elevate players. Look at McDaniels. That dude has the looks/demeanor of a Tik Tok streamer who lives in his mom’s basement, but he is a master at what he does, and the players respect that.

I really don’t want a retread. Take young road.
Oh no doubt, that's my preference as well. I was just saying he hadn't ruled out returning to coaching. He'd certainly be better than Allen, but I tend to lean towards getting a young, hungry OC.

I know we can’t cut him but if we are lucky enough to get a new head coach and a top rookie QB this offseason and the new coach demotes Carr to 2nd or 3rd string do you think Carr would ask to be released?

If both parties agree can you void the contract?

Nah, when they are that high, they need to find a QB. Fields does not appear to be it.
Not going to lie, I’ve pondered the idea of us sending a 3rd or 4th rd pick for Justin Fields, and hiring Brian Johnson. Reason being, is bc I look at Hurts early in his career, and he didn’t look that great. He was exceptional at pocket presence and ran too much, but always got great positive yardage. Eagles got him some weapons and Brian helped elevate his passing game to MVP level. Justin has the arm strength and is blazing fast, but his pocket awareness and vision is not where it should be. So, I’m wondering if someone can fix him as well. Although I think Hurts can process information way more and faster than Justin.

I know we are in the seething stage of the fanbase's relationship with the guy, but he's here next year. We either cut him in 2025 or we restructure him in 2024 and have him even longer.

So let's assume we take a young 1st round QB (probably too much to ask) and Carr starts the season with a new coach. Who can help bring out the best in him? I don't think he's suddenly become a terrible QB after being firmly mid-tier with the Raiders. I definitely think there are other factors at play with the current coaching.

Are there any offensive-minded coaches out there you'd like to see pursued as HC and/or OC? I have no doubt seeing what Sean Payton has done with a completely washed Russell Wilson that it's possible to improve things.

Again, we aren't talking long-term starter. Just as a bridge for a rookie. Who is on your wish list to revamp this system?
carr was not a good QB when he was with the raiders, dennis allen was not a good coach when he was with the raiders, and now that they are together again in new orleans, well they suck again, dennis allen is not head coach material, he should have stayed as the DC, either put jameis or taysom in, that is our only hope to have a winning season and make it back to the playoffs.

I am of the view that we go all in to draft one of the top QB's this year and hire an innovative offensive head coach. We have to keep Carr for '24 so put our future franchise QB under him for a year to learn. First we have to rid ourselves of this staff and I'm still not sure that will happen1
agree get a rookie to sit and learn, the OC needs to get fired along with dennis allen, hopefully mickey loomis will wake up and see that the saints will never be a contender for the palyoffs as long as dennis is the head coach.

I agree with most of that, but... Carr sucks.
Carr has not always looked this way. The Raiders were my local team before they moved to LV. I've watched a lot of Derek Carr. This is not at all what I was expecting from him. He is clearly not being put in the best position here.

We should never have expected more than a mid tier QB, because that is all he has ever been. But he has been that forever and I'm expected to believe he's all of a sudden fallen off a cliff at 32? I'm not buying it. We have major scheme problems that he simply doesn't have the confidence or ability to overcome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom