You can't cut Carr next year, so who can fix him? (5 Viewers)

We cannot pay another 10 million dollars to Carr and try to kick that can down the road any further. He can certainly be cut to not guarantee him that 10 more million.
It's gonna cost more to cut him now than to cut him next year. He's gonna be very difficult to trade and I don't see him being cut as it would make the salary cap situation in 2024 worse. The front office doesn't have a choice really. Odds are really high that he stays on another year, maybe rides the pine depending on the coaching situation.

It's more important that the coaching situation gets cleared up before the front office makes any player personnel decisions.

It's gonna cost more to cut him now than to cut him next year. He's gonna be very difficult to trade and I don't see him being cut as it would make the salary cap situation in 2024 worse. The front office doesn't have a choice really. Odds are really high that he stays on another year, maybe rides the pine depending on the coaching situation.

It's more important that the coaching situation gets cleared up before the front office makes any player personnel decisions.
Agreed...I'm good with the next staff cutting him day 1

Agreed...I'm good with the next staff cutting him day 1
I don't disagree. Maybe the new staff could set him straight? I think whoever the new coach is would have to be strong willed and not tolerate Carr's nonsense. Maybe in that case, Carr would fall in line and change his approach. That's a long shot though.

Wish we can trade Carr as some suggestions especially after June 1st. That would save $30 million in salary cap. There are two problems though.

1. Carr has a no trade clause in his contract. Maybe he waives it if it gets really bad for him in NO. Doubt it.
2. Not sure if any team will be willing to take on his remaining contract.

I don't disagree. Maybe the new staff could set him straight? I think whoever the new coach is would have to be strong willed and not tolerate Carr's nonsense. Maybe in that case, Carr would fall in line and change his approach. That's a long shot though.
Carr is more likely to retire than get criticized. Dude has the emotional fortitude of a toddler.

No.

In your rush to defend a player who quite frankly both he and I know far more about than you do, you’re confusing the two of us.

Take a step back and accept the fact that “gasp”, you don’t know more than two Raider fans that have actually watched or almost so every game of his while you’ve seen a fraction.

This isn’t new to us, this isn’t revelatory, we’ve lived it for almost ten years. The things this fan base is going through? We did it years ago. The joke thread on this site, we did that too. The arguing over who is to blame? That can he be fixed? Are you getting this yet?

And again, in case you missed it: admit you don’t have as much firsthand knowledge of what you’re talking about as those who do. There is no shame in it other than stubbornly digging in your feet in some attempt to do what? Tell us what we saw with our own eyes for nearly a decade was wrong?

Yeah, no on that.

And to head you off with “why are you here?”
1. My daughter is not a huge fan of football but is a Saints fan.

2. As an organization, the Saints have had as much misery as us. Misery loves company.

3. It’s a pretty cool site.

4. You guys don’t deserve what your FO has gotten you into with your new QB.
I am not so much defending DC as saying he is NOT our biggest issue. AND saying that he has played at least a very good level in the past with decent to good coaching. If you deny that then you're just blind. I don't need to see every game DC has ever played to see that he CAN be successful, does he have flaws? Of course, he does AND also by watching every game he's ever played fans tend to remember the BAD more than the good .But there is no reason that with good coaching he can't be as good as he was when he finished 3rd in the MVP voting. And how many teams and fans had given up on Geno Smith only to be resurrected by Pete Carrol and Shane Waldron in Sea. My issue is more with Raiderfan than you. His posts are filled with name-calling and vitriol and obvious hate for Carr. But since then Raiderfan has apologized for the name calling. Most of us welcome fans of other teams as long as long as there is no name -calling and character attacks on our players because we are not allowed to do it

Carr is not fixable. We screwed up and paid him too much to put on our uniform and throw away football games all year. The best thing we can do is bench him for 2024 and play one of our other QBs while we begin our rebuild.

This year was proof of how broken the Saints are right now and we are about 3 years (with some really good draft picks) from being a legitimate contender once again… with a new coaching staff of course.

If anyone can’t accept this reality, they’re in for a big shock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom