You can't cut Carr next year, so who can fix him? (3 Viewers)

But the root of it all still lies in a single place

Who laid it all at the feet of Carr. McDaniels is a great OC but horrible people person, like most from the Belichick tree, but everything points to Carr's performance being a problem. I believe that the system was too complex for him to get in a season because he has played in a particular type of offense since coming into the league. JT O'Sullivan said that coming from a WCO, everything about that system is foreign. And keeping it real, I've been one of the only ones honest about his actual history...from the jump.

But to answer the overarching question, fixing Carr would be realizing that he was never a good fit for this system. If DA is to stay another year, tell Pete it's been real but he can now go enjoy Denver and see if we can kick the tires on Musgrave.
McDaniels is a horrible coach, only reason he ever got a HC job is because of Brady and BB. He stunk as HC/OC in Denver and then again in LV
There is no fixing DA even if PC is replaced. DA is Milquetoast, no accountability no discipline. Players do not fear him they do not fear for their jobs. They don't fear the SP doing that finger thing saying " C'mere you" After the 70 pt debacle SP cut Gregory and Frank Clark because they were thinking up the joint. 2 high profile players DA hasn't the guts to do that

The Raider Defense, Josh Jacobs, Kicker Daniel Carlson and the MVP of the 2021 season: COVID (as it inexplicably hit teams just as we were facing them in December) got us to 10-7

It wasn’t Carr.
A kicker ?? LOL You do know that a kicker can't make a FG unless he get's in range right? And just who gets them in range SMH

I'm not the thread police, so say whatever you want, but all the arguments about whether Carr sucks, always sucked, etc. are irrelevant and missing the point of the thread.

He's here next year. Winston is not. Someone has to start. Even with a first-round rookie, they likely will not be ready to go in week one.

So who can bring in a system that is creative enough to work around his deficiencies and help elevate his game? Carr, no matter how much you think he sucks, is not at his peak with Pete Carmichael coaching him. I think we can all agree with that.

I agree with pulling from the Shannahan tree. I've wanted to run that offense here for the last three years. It fits our personnel perfectly with a complete back like Kamara and Shaheed/Olave as speed guys who can do the sweeps and end-arounds. We would absolutely need to get a TE though, and we have to do that anyway.
It's not quite an easy answer. The most successful HC's are offensive minded HC that call their own plays and design their own offenses. So picking their OC is not really picking a guy that is responsible for that offensive success. The are OC's in name only . Like Brian Johnson or Bieneimy or Kubiak for the 49ers. Then you have guys like Slowik that has less than 1 yr as an OC , yeah Stroud is playing well but who get the credit? No way enough to think about him as a HC
Ben Johnson is the #1 guy right now , he took a mediocre Goff last yr and turned him around and continues to do so. He also is that attention to detail guy that you MUST have in a HC. He's this yrs Shane Steichen
Another guy that could be the guy is Shane Waldron. He's done very good things with Geno Smith for the last 2 yrs. He also worked under McVay i with the Rams , he seems like another attention to detail guy . If I were ML, DA goes anytime from now till the season end and I'm throwing everything at Ben Johnson I think he's in the SP mold

You draft a QB in the 1st round and let Carr either start the full year next year, then cut bait after next season, or if he doesn’t get it together let the rookie get some experience before he takes over full time the following season.

Im guessing you havnt seen many Raider games.

I ve seen about 155 with Carr at the helm, Ghost aint wrong.
I don't need to see 155 games to know what I see Carrhater and the stats prove it. And you tell one, just one kicker that got himself in position to kick the game winning FG and I'll write the check SMH . How RIDICULOUS

Oh hell no, we dont want him back here.

Many of us dont ever want to see him associated with the Raiders again.

Once a Raider always a Raider, only applies if your not a cowardly douche bag.
See just like I said personal attacks from a Carr Hater . where are the mods when they are needed

Oh hell no, we dont want him back here.

Many of us dont ever want to see him associated with the Raiders again.

Once a Raider always a Raider, only applies if your not a cowardly douche bag.
You don't belong here you only joined to spew vitriol toward Carr. Something I'm sure you did on the Radiers forum you should be banned

Frank will be a HC eventually. Dude has learned under some great coaches and is highly sought out.

Also, do you think that it was McDaniel’s offense when he was OC under Shanahan? Nope, he installed his own offense when he became HC of the Dolphins. Now look at Shanahan stealing some of McDaniel’s plays🤣. That’s part of being a student, with high lofty goals set for yourself. You are part of a system, until you get a chance to build your own.
Yeah and you'll find the same kind of articles about Bieniemy. Just because some guy writes an article does not mean it's so. So who other than SP when he was last O line coach did he work under some great HC's? He was under Fox , Gruden and Staley and not in a OC capacity . The Dolphins are ALL McDaniels. And just because you work under a great offensive mind does not mean that you'll be a great offensive mind ( See Pete )

I agree but also disagree.

I think if Sean was still here, this OL unit would be fine.

When critiquing an OC, we as fans tend to focus on the sole thing we are exposed to - game day play-calling.

However the other major function for that role is actual COORDINATION, getting all of the position units on the same page week to week, making sure all assignments are understood and everyone is on the same page.

I don’t think we are seeing those things on Sundays, and it’s especially apparent with the OL.

I don’t necessarily need a rah-rah guy at OC that hoops and hollers and curses people out, but I would like to see us have more of an alpha type in that role.

I can remember many times SP getting on his assistants for errors from their position group. We are just never going to get that from PC, whether it’s involving coaches or players making mistakes. He is just not that type of leader, and that’s one of several reasons why he is never pursued for a HC gig despite being a part of one of the greatest top level “offensive dynasties” the league has seen over a 15 year span.

I said this earlier this year and still maintain the same thought - if your OC isn’t a HC candidate or someone you fear losing to another team, then you don’t have the right guy in that position.
Another ABSOFREAKINGLUTLY

See just like I said personal attacks from a Carr Hater . where are the mods when they are needed
New Orleans piled up 444 yards of total offense against Atlanta but converted all of that into just five field goals in a 24-15 loss. Since the start of the 2019 season, there have been 295 times an NFL team has had that many yards, and 15 points represents the worst scoring output of all of them. The last 15 times the Saints had that many yards, they scored at least 30 points in those games.

But 11 games into Carr's time in New Orleans, the Saints have six fewer passing touchdowns from him than they did from Andy Dalton a year ago. They're completing a lower percentage of passes and averaging fewer yards per attempt. In the red zone, they've dropped from 21st in the league to 29th, getting touchdowns just 42% of the time.

"Why is it inconsistent? We have answers," Carr said Tuesday. "Everyone wants to hear the answers, but we keep them in-house."

This isn't a new problem for Carr. The Saints are 29th in red-zone efficiency this year, but the Raiders, with him at quarterback, finished 22nd or worse in each of his past five years, including 26th last season. If you look at red-zone passing numbers over the past five years, 20 quarterbacks have thrown at least 200 passes there, and Carr has the second-worst passer rating at 89.1, ahead of only the Giants' Daniel Jones.

But 11 games into Carr's time in New Orleans, the Saints have six fewer passing touchdowns from him than they did from Andy Dalton a year ago. They're completing a lower percentage of passes and averaging fewer yards per attempt. In the red zone, they've dropped from 21st in the league to 29th, getting touchdowns just 42% of the time.

"Whoever they want to point at, please point at me, because I can handle it," Carr said.

Funny hes been pointing fingers all year.

Carr Hater? nah just read the facts.

Whomever it is who’s supposedly able to fix him I just hope that person several continents away and Derek has to travel to him.

Then I hope for an EMP to wipe out all travel for a year so he can’t get back.
You're getting ridiculous and it's becoming personal

I’d focus on fixing the running game. I’d be looking heavy for a new OC along with a new OL coach. I know we’ve seen slight improvement over the weeks, but don’t get full on the breadcrumbs. DC will look worth the money if the running game takes off.
We have to retool the offensive coaching staff and get ride of the Payton era coaches and have DA retool the offensive side like he did the defensive side.

New Orleans piled up 444 yards of total offense against Atlanta but converted all of that into just five field goals in a 24-15 loss. Since the start of the 2019 season, there have been 295 times an NFL team has had that many yards, and 15 points represents the worst scoring output of all of them. The last 15 times the Saints had that many yards, they scored at least 30 points in those games.

"Why is it inconsistent? We have answers," Carr said Tuesday. "Everyone wants to hear the answers, but we keep them in-house."

This isn't a new problem for Carr. The Saints are 29th in red-zone efficiency this year, but the Raiders, with him at quarterback, finished 22nd or worse in each of his past five years, including 26th last season. If you look at red-zone passing numbers over the past five years, 20 quarterbacks have thrown at least 200 passes there, and Carr has the second-worst passer rating at 89.1, ahead of only the Giants' Daniel Jones.

"Whoever they want to point at, please point at me, because I can handle it," Carr said.

Funny hes been pointing fingers all year.

Carr Hater? nah just read the facts.

You don't belong here you only joined to spew vitriol toward Carr. Something I'm sure you did on the Radiers forum you should be banned
I think you guys have created a great forum web site, and probably the best Ive seen, and yall are hilarious in your comments, Id drink with almost all you guys.

I respect that your mods dont ban for differing opinions, thats the point of a forum.

Different ideas challenge me and I am not afraid to be wrong, it helps me grow.

You want me banned? For what? Honest criticism?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom