You can't cut Carr next year, so who can fix him? (3 Viewers)

I am of the view that we go all in to draft one of the top QB's this year and hire an innovative offensive head coach. We have to keep Carr for '24 so put our future franchise QB under him for a year to learn. First we have to rid ourselves of this staff and I'm still not sure that will happen1
I wouldn’t want Carr mentoring anybody.

My dream scenario would be Drew Brees comes in and QB coaches, teaching Carr how to be elite.

A lot of those players were mad Carr was traded. The coaching staff and GM who were responsible for the decision to trade him are now unemployed. Lots of the Raiders fan base still like Carr and he wanted to stay there. If they kept the interim guy on, and their new rookie struggles (as expected), they could bring him back to be reunited.
Carr wasn’t traded. He was released. I have not seen any evidence of his former teammates being mad about that and i haven’t seen any raiders fans expressing sadness he’s not in Vegas.

Carr wasn’t traded. He was released. I have not seen any evidence of his former teammates being mad about that and i haven’t seen any raiders fans expressing sadness he’s not in Vegas.
Because you have looked or paid any attention. Go look at countless YouTube videos of Carr speaking at the podium and see what Raiders fans are saying. Or Facebook, Twitter…literally any platform besides here. Lots of Raiders fans were mad about how Carr was jettisoned and wanted him to stay.

I have no idea why I said traded. That was just brainfart. The rest is legit. Go see videos of Devante Adams talking about the only reason he came to Vegas was because of Carr.

Whomever it is who’s supposedly able to fix him I just hope that person several continents away and Derek has to travel to him.

Then I hope for an EMP to wipe out all travel for a year so he can’t get back.

Yep. And what I’ve read from former teammates is that he’s a good dude….but…..bad QB and cannot take any criticism whatsoever.

Both of those things check out with his play and attitude here. lol

Hate to admit it, but Belichick could thrive with Carr as QB. There won't be the need for as many check-downs. Belicheat knows the defensive call and has the right play dialed up.

Because you have looked or paid any attention. Go look at countless YouTube videos of Carr speaking at the podium and see what Raiders fans are saying. Or Facebook, Twitter…literally any platform besides here. Lots of Raiders fans were mad about how Carr was jettisoned and wanted him to stay.

I have no idea why I said traded. That was just brainfart. The rest is legit. Go see videos of Devante Adams talking about the only reason he came to Vegas was because of Carr.
Adams never said “the only reason I came to Vegas was because of Carr”. He was a Raider fan since he was a kid.

On the internet there is a Cult of Carr that is very loud but they aren’t the majority.

My dream scenario would be Drew Brees comes in and QB coaches, teaching Carr how to be elite.
Gotta let the past go...
Hate to admit it, but Belichick could thrive with Carr as QB. There won't be the need for as many check-downs. Belicheat knows the defensive call and has the right play dialed up.
Hmm maybe we should see if NE or ??? he's planning to be next your would take him off our hands. Well send him a 3rd as well

How about Jon Embree from the Dolphins. He's their current Assistant Head Coach / Tight Ends coach and he held the same position under Shanahan in San Francisco.
Only issue with that Ast HC title is they give it to guys so they don't make a lateral move to another team or they use it to hire away a guy to the kinda same position.A lot of times it's in name only

The Raiders went from 10-7 with Gruden in 2021 to 6-11 with McDaniels in 2022. Then basically had a player/staff mutiny against McDaniels this year leading to his firing. But sure, let’s lay it all at the feet of Carr.

I’m not even saying he’s good, but at least be honest about his actual history.
I find myself agreeing with you on a lot of things other than the fact DC can be a top 6-QB with the right coaching

I hope that the new coach brings in a great OL coach cause I think that is what will bring out more consistent play from Carr for however long he is in NO. That’s assuming we bring in a decent, consistent play caller too.
ABSOFREAKINGLUTLEY

Nope. Gruden was 3-2 in 2021, before they S-canned him for being a parochial d-bag. Their scoring offense was nothing great that year, before or after he was fired. And then he looked like hot garbage the next year playing for McDaniels.
Sorry get your story right. JG did not get S canned he resigned. Yes he was 3-2 at the time and then they went on to finish 10-7. they more than likely would have done better if he had not resigned probably matching that 12-4-5 record they had in 16

Adams never said “the only reason I came to Vegas was because of Carr”. He was a Raider fan since he was a kid.

On the internet there is a Cult of Carr that is very loud but they aren’t the majority.
Not true Adams has said many times as recently as this yr " I came here to play with DC and now he's gone "

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom