You can't cut Carr next year, so who can fix him? (2 Viewers)

I don't know why the downvote.

If Carr is ranked 36th of 36th within the 20, isn't the simplest solution just to pull him once the ball is within the 20? The same way basketball teams pull a bad free throw shooter in the closing minutes?

I could see holding back from doing this for developmental/confidence reasons if it was Carr's first or second year, but he's on the tail end of his career and still hasn't figured out the red zone. Why not just accept him for who he is and let inside the 20 be Jameis/Hill time? I think the fans would love it. Line up Carr at WR for a few times--maybe he could catch inside the 20 better than he throws??

Why are we overthinking this? Embrace the Frankenquarterback.
The problem is, if you pull him in the red zone, who are you going to put in? The thing that a lot of folks ain't realizing is our more dangerous red zone threat isn't who they think it is.

I know we are in the seething stage of the fanbase's relationship with the guy, but he's here next year. We either cut him in 2025 or we restructure him in 2024 and have him even longer.

So let's assume we take a young 1st round QB (probably too much to ask) and Carr starts the season with a new coach. Who can help bring out the best in him? I don't think he's suddenly become a terrible QB after being firmly mid-tier with the Raiders. I definitely think there are other factors at play with the current coaching.

Are there any offensive-minded coaches out there you'd like to see pursued as HC and/or OC? I have no doubt seeing what Sean Payton has done with a completely washed Russell Wilson that it's possible to improve things.

Again, we aren't talking long-term starter. Just as a bridge for a rookie. Who is on your wish list to revamp this system?
We are not going to fix him. We are going to tolerate him and his arrogance for at least another year. Hopefully without DA/PC. We need a complete overhaul.

All teams make mistakes on players. This will go down as the worst mistake of all.

Brian Johnson and Frank Smith are OC's in name only, Just like Bieniemy. It's McDaniels and Sirianni calling plays and designing the offense. They are not the ones really responsible for the success

Frank will be a HC eventually. Dude has learned under some great coaches and is highly sought out.

Also, do you think that it was McDaniel’s offense when he was OC under Shanahan? Nope, he installed his own offense when he became HC of the Dolphins. Now look at Shanahan stealing some of McDaniel’s plays🤣. That’s part of being a student, with high lofty goals set for yourself. You are part of a system, until you get a chance to build your own.

We need a new OC. That is pretty much a certainty.

If we could somehow put a good OL on the field and maybe pick up a big running back. We could maybe make Carr work if he was protected and we could force teams to respect the run. Our current OL is garbage.

We need a new OC. That is pretty much a certainty.

If we could somehow put a good OL on the field and maybe pick up a big running back. We could maybe make Carr work if he was protected and we could force teams to respect the run. Our current OL is garbage.

I agree but also disagree.

I think if Sean was still here, this OL unit would be fine.

When critiquing an OC, we as fans tend to focus on the sole thing we are exposed to - game day play-calling.

However the other major function for that role is actual COORDINATION, getting all of the position units on the same page week to week, making sure all assignments are understood and everyone is on the same page.

I don’t think we are seeing those things on Sundays, and it’s especially apparent with the OL.

I don’t necessarily need a rah-rah guy at OC that hoops and hollers and curses people out, but I would like to see us have more of an alpha type in that role.

I can remember many times SP getting on his assistants for errors from their position group. We are just never going to get that from PC, whether it’s involving coaches or players making mistakes. He is just not that type of leader, and that’s one of several reasons why he is never pursued for a HC gig despite being a part of one of the greatest top level “offensive dynasties” the league has seen over a 15 year span.

I said this earlier this year and still maintain the same thought - if your OC isn’t a HC candidate or someone you fear losing to another team, then you don’t have the right guy in that position.

The problem is, if you pull him in the red zone, who are you going to put in? The thing that a lot of folks ain't realizing is our more dangerous red zone threat isn't who they think it is.
Not disagreeing at all. Who is the more dangerous red zone threat?

Not complicated. What do successful teams do? They put the ball in the hands of their playmakers, quickly.
Our coaching staff can't grasp this.

The plan should be: Bring in Ben Johnson to be the new HC. He has had a good look at Hendon Hooker. We could possibly trade for him if he is doing well picking up Johnson's offense. Trade Carr back to Vegas. His contract is tradable for a one year rental. Consider keeping Winston as a bridge.

The plan should be: Bring in Ben Johnson to be the new HC. He has had a good look at Hendon Hooker. We could possibly trade for him if he is doing well picking up Johnson's offense. Trade Carr back to Vegas. His contract is tradable for a one year rental. Consider keeping Winston as a bridge.

Why on Earth would Vegas want Carr back???

Why on Earth would Vegas want Carr back???
A lot of those players were mad Carr was traded. The coaching staff and GM who were responsible for the decision to trade him are now unemployed. Lots of the Raiders fan base still like Carr and he wanted to stay there. If they kept the interim guy on, and their new rookie struggles (as expected), they could bring him back to be reunited.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom