You can't cut Carr next year, so who can fix him? (2 Viewers)

I'm not the thread police, so say whatever you want, but all the arguments about whether Carr sucks, always sucked, etc. are irrelevant and missing the point of the thread.

He's here next year. Winston is not. Someone has to start. Even with a first-round rookie, they likely will not be ready to go in week one.

So who can bring in a system that is creative enough to work around his deficiencies and help elevate his game? Carr, no matter how much you think he sucks, is not at his peak with Pete Carmichael coaching him. I think we can all agree with that.

I agree with pulling from the Shannahan tree. I've wanted to run that offense here for the last three years. It fits our personnel perfectly with a complete back like Kamara and Shaheed/Olave as speed guys who can do the sweeps and end-arounds. We would absolutely need to get a TE though, and we have to do that anyway.

One guy I really felt got a bit of a raw deal in his first HC stint was Matt Nagy.

First of all, Chicago has ALWAYS been an offensive graveyard and a coaching graveyard organization in general.

In his four seasons, he led them to a division title and a couple of playoff games, one lost because his kicker kept missing field goals off the uprights, and the other of course to a dominant Saints team at the Superdome.

He was saddled by what turned out to be an awful GM in Ryan Pace, who in turn sold the farm to saddle him with an awful QB in Mitch Trubisky.

He comes from the Andy Reid coaching tree and system, which I think we can all agree has a great bit of credibility and has the innovation we all crave.

To me, the guy is at least worth the interview just as Bienemy is.

Not sure if there was some sort of personal thing that maybe I don’t know about with him as far as his player relationships and such in Chicago, but to me the guy’s resume isn’t bad considering where he was and the obstacles he faced that were outside of his control.

One guy I really felt got a bit of a raw deal in his first HC stint was Matt Nagy.

First of all, Chicago has ALWAYS been an offensive graveyard and a coaching graveyard organization in general.

In his four seasons, he led them to a division title and a couple of playoff games, one lost because his kicker kept missing field goals off the uprights, and the other of course to a dominant Saints team at the Superdome.

He was saddled by what turned out to be an awful GM in Ryan Pace, who in turn sold the farm to saddle him with an awful QB in Mitch Trubisky.

He comes from the Andy Reid coaching tree and system, which I think we can all agree has a great bit of credibility and has the innovation we all crave.

To me, the guy is at least worth the interview just as Bienemy is.

Not sure if there was some sort of personal thing that maybe I don’t know about with him as far as his player relationships and such in Chicago, but to me the guy’s resume isn’t bad considering where he was and the obstacles he faced that were outside of his control.
No do-overs for a losing coach. Now if you were talking about a winning coach, that's fine. Also, KC hasn't looked the same since EB left.

Trade our 1st Round Pick, Denver's 2nd and our 2nd to Denver for CSP. (That's a joke, but that's maybe the level of change you need.) Couldn't draft a QB with that strategy.

I think Carr can be fixed with a better OC, better O-line and better WR's.

I'm not in favor of trading for a rookie QB. It would likely take our 1st in 2024 and 2025 and at least one 2nd round pick to move up for a QB. If you can get Daniels with our pick, then that's great. I would be OK with trading a 2nd to move up 2-3 spots, but I don't trust Loomis to make a reasonable trade.

Trade our 1st Round Pick, Denver's 2nd and our 2nd to Denver for CSP. (That's a joke, but that's maybe the level of change you need.) Couldn't draft a QB with that strategy.

I think Carr can be fixed with a better OC, better O-line and better WR's.

I'm not in favor of trading for a rookie QB. It would likely take our 1st in 2024 and 2025 and at least one 2nd round pick to move up for a QB. If you can get Daniels with our pick, then that's great. I would be OK with trading a 2nd to move up 2-3 spots, but I don't trust Loomis to make a reasonable trade.
Carr can’t be fixed at this point. It’s a lemon.

Better coaching (New coaching) and a modern-day fast-paced offense will go a long way toward fixing the offensive issues, I'm really curious to see if they have the amount of introspection needed to see this...

With the age of our roster and the cap situation, the Saints job will be far down the list of attractiveness to good HC candidates. It’s unfortunate but true.

I know we are in the seething stage of the fanbase's relationship with the guy, but he's here next year. We either cut him in 2025 or we restructure him in 2024 and have him even longer.

So let's assume we take a young 1st round QB (probably too much to ask) and Carr starts the season with a new coach. Who can help bring out the best in him? I don't think he's suddenly become a terrible QB after being firmly mid-tier with the Raiders. I definitely think there are other factors at play with the current coaching.

Are there any offensive-minded coaches out there you'd like to see pursued as HC and/or OC? I have no doubt seeing what Sean Payton has done with a completely washed Russell Wilson that it's possible to improve things.

Again, we aren't talking long-term starter. Just as a bridge for a rookie. Who is on your wish list to revamp this system?
I think that a decent OC and play caller will make Carr better. I still want to give him a chance since we are stuck with him.

LOL. This is what’s trending. First off this regime never had a chance. The overwhelming negativity from everywhere just doomed it. Not just from here either. EX Raiders, and all of the YT people and everywhere else. The expectations were way too high for an average team to grow. It took hurricane Katrina to destroy the expectations prior to Sean’s arrival. People were just glad they still had a team and didn’t move to San Antonio. So ppl shut their mouths up and just rode with it. It was very positive in those days. What will happen now, Da will likely be fired, and a new coach will come in, and he’ll cut all of the old vets that aren’t tied to huge dead money. Carr will be retained, and he’ll endure yet another coaching change. ( Only because he’s tied to the team). And the new regime will be totally hamstrung and will have to try and win with a lame duck group of players. Which they ofc won’t. Then three games into next season, we’ll see threads, did we make a mistake? Our D was at least serviceable with DA. etc etc. It'll be a total disaster for 3 years minimum until we rid those high cap number vets. Not only that, the coach that will come here will have to be young and unknown and will just take any opportunity, Or you try and salvage the current group with really only one coach that knows the team and QB. And thats Gruden. But that’s also a disaster, in the making, because the people want the place bulldozered. I don’t even think Gruden can win over this miserable negativity vibe. Do I want a change? yes if we don’t win out. Or do something showing some signs of life, then it’s inevitable. Gruden may also say no way to coaching here. He may sniff out that it’s a trap. Because it is. Hopefully ML has something up his sleeve.
Lol! I hear you! Lol!

No do-overs for a losing coach. Now if you were talking about a winning coach, that's fine. Also, KC hasn't looked the same since EB left.
Eh, EB has been terrible for the Commanders. He makes a lot of head scratching play calls. To the point that I feel like I'm watching the Saints offense, except worse. Hard pass at this point.

Eh, EB has been terrible for the Commanders. He makes a lot of head scratching play calls. To the point that I feel like I'm watching the Saints offense, except worse. Hard pass at this point.
I've watched them but I think he's done well with Cassel, he took on a bad situation in Washington but I don't put that on him. The team is nosediving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom