You Just Broke Your Child. Congratulations. (1 Viewer)

Well, it would seem looking at who pays for gas, coffee, meals when we together both of my kids seem to still think so. And they both well into 6 figures
I have FINALLY gotten through to my father that he's 50% of the reason for my constant discomfort and pain and anguish with living. Finally.

So now, every time we talk, the first thing he asks is if I need any money. That's literally all he can do at this point. Pay for stuff. I always say, no I'm fine. But it's the absolute least he can do: pay for my pain.

Yep….we were playing in a soccer winter league….we played a Div 1 team that was most older kids….we were a Div 2 NCSL team at the time….we beat them 2-1….there loud-mouthed jerky British coach wouldn’t shake hands with our coach….he turned around and said to him “you wanna know what’s really funny? You being paid thousands of dollars a year to coach a very talented older squad and me doing it for free and beating you guys? Priceless!!!!!!

No offense, but your Dad (as a coach) should have known better….total disrespect to the coach and team….he would not have lasted as a parent around our squads….that stuff was nipped in the bud, lost out on more than a few good kids because of that….

No offense taken. Agree 100.

caution against trying to eliminate ‘snapping’
I wouldn't. I'd recommend you recognize when you have feelings which are making you feel like snapping. Then recognizing that you alone control how you feel and this anger comes from somewhere. Then you can sit and think thru the why of your anger. I've found many. I'm still not perfect, but I am much quicker to recognize and maintain control of my emotions which is ultimately what most want to pass on to their child. The ability to remain calm and logically communicate rather than default to an immature rageaholic.

As they say, actions speak louder than words. Taming your emotions and then calm discussion of the events is a wonderful action to impart to a child.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom