You not gonna see Drew Brees (2 Viewers)

He called Nix “an athletic Drew Brees.” And said you aren’t going to see Drew Brees running a bunch of QB draws. Then Drew added in a highlight package of probably all of his rushing touchdowns. With the audio repeating “you aren’t going to see Drew Brees run a bunch of QB draws.”
That's great! Thank you for taking the time to type it out so I at least get an idea of what it was about. 😊
Tell me about it. When he was under center, I always thought we could win every game. It’s been awhile…..

1716430766876.gif
💯 million times this. He was so accurate and so cerebral, I'm very thankful I got to watch him lead my favorite team for so many years.

We had a legit top 5 QB of all time as the face of our franchise for over a decade. Thankful.

Fork all the cheatriots rings, Drew Brees is the REAL GOAT:

Drew vs tom.png

Our defenses were crappy, and the pats where top 3 defenses.

Drew was 5-2 heads up against TB:

GOAT.png

Drew Brees is the people's GOAT!
And one of those losses was the Junior Galette chokehold game on the Pats last possession TD. Sadly, Drew with a noodle arm for the most important one.

I didn't take it that serious. I don't think Drew did either, but he made his point.
Honestly, I don’t care for “comps”. Some people like them, I just don’t see the point of comparing rookies, who has yet to be part of an NFL snap, yet they are compared to a former player who carved out their own career in the NFL. Take Drew Brees for example. Whoever he was “comped” to, is not applicable anymore bc Drew Brees became Drew Brees and not the player he was comped to. So the comp was never applicable to begin with. If that makes sense.

Honestly, I don’t care for “comps”. Some people like them, I just don’t see the point of comparing rookies, who has yet to be part of an NFL snap, yet they are compared to a former player who carved out their own career in the NFL. Take Drew Brees for example. Whoever he was “comped” to, is not applicable anymore bc Drew Brees became Drew Brees and not the player he was comped to. So the comp was never applicable to begin with. If that makes sense.

Agree. The only comp that makes sense is with measurables, skill set, style, and attitude. That works a little on some players, but hardly at all on QBs.

And one of those losses was the Junior Galette chokehold game on the Pats last possession TD. Sadly, Drew with a noodle arm for the most important one.

Even Drew's broken down body would have crushed the bucs in the playoffs had Thomas been healthy OR Cook didn't have his hands slicked in baby oil for the entire game.

Not just the fumble, Brees threw a perfect back shoulder pass to Cook and he turned it into an interception. Absolutely crazy how the 2020 receiver corps was basically Kamara and Sanders.
You're right, I forgot about that. Always makes me laugh when some people here blame that game on Drew. Absolutely delusional.

Fond memories thinking about the Golden Era. Comparing him to Bo Nix should be a federal crime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom