20 years worth of baptisms invalidated (1 Viewer)

Have you been to someone's house and it looks like a church gift shop? Or a family where 'staunch' and 'devout' aren't strong enough adjectives?

I can imagine them having emotional distress

Sure but simply having emotional distress doesn’t meet all of the elements of the claim.

imagine that you are so caught up in superstition and elocution that you feel that a word slip overpowers the trust you have in your spiritual advisors and their promises.

Or that using “we” instead of “I” matters to your Lord and creator.

Have you been to someone's house and it looks like a church gift shop? Or a family where 'staunch' and 'devout' aren't strong enough adjectives?

I can imagine them having emotional distress
I grew up with some of those folks. Yes, the angst would be very real.

This kind of foolishness is why I turned away from organized religion many moons ago. I'm sure the priest's heart was in the right place but it won't matter all because of nonsense over a pronoun. Good lord I hate dogma :hihi:

If they get this rung up over I/we, then how about "their", "they're", and "there"?

This is beginning to sound like a Monty Python skit.

Last edited:
Imagine being someone who's family member died and you find out that they are in hell because their baptism didn't follow the correct procedure.

You think bureaucracy is bad in life, imagine having to wait in hell for Catholic tech support.
"Have you tried rebooting? Here's a link to the Buddhist 2.0 patch."

Words mean a lot.

"If the Great Pumpkin comes, I'll still put in a good word for you. Good grief, I said "if." I meant when he comes! I'm doomed."
"Don't say the word!"

"What, is?"

"No not is. Wouldn't go very far in life not saying is"

"How can we not say it if you don't tell us what it is?"

"He said it!!! Oh no! I said it! I said it again!! That's three its!!"

Last edited:
I believe that God would allow this - they aren’t invalid.

*The opinions expressed in this post are solely the purview of the poster, and do not speak for God, Jesus, or The Holy Spirit. The opinions expressed herein should not be taken as guidance on the action you should take to avoid going to Hell for eternity after you die*

I guess it really depends on if you think God is more of a letter of the law or spirit of the law type of deity

I would lean towards spirit of the law in this case

imagine that you are so caught up in superstition and elocution that you feel that a word slip overpowers the trust you have in your spiritual advisors and their promises.

Jesus. Didn't. Know. English....

How does he know that fork is a bad word then? We get caught up in so much stupid bullshirt we forget about what's important. It's the main goal of any authority figure to make sure you don't think too hard for yourself but instead you keep focusing on following their rules.

Do I think it's possible that there's an intelligent designer? I mean it's possible and I'm in constant struggle of chaos vs order in my head. Do I think he needs me to exactly say certain words and constantly kiss his arse so he knows I'm "good".... I mean why? Aren't actions or empathy enough? I guess if you lack compassion and empathy, you need a backdoor in.

You know, if I can get dinged by God for eating meat or wearing clothing woven from 2 types of materials or if I touch my wife while she's on her period...people going to hell for poor word choice during their baptism seems appropriate too.

Im just sayin'.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom