2013 Hip-Hop (1 Viewer)

I gave up on rap. All these new dudes today suck. The ones that used to make good music suck now too. I can point fingers all day but basically it comes down to the rap game is one giant unified corporation trying to suck as much money as it possibly can from the people without putting out good tunes in return. For years and years I shelled out hundreds of dollars buying music from the stores even when I knew I could just download it for free. And I was happy to do it because it meant that I was paying for something worth buying.

All this swag **** messed everything up. Soulja Boy basically came along and instead of letting him have his own lane and make his money, everyone started trying to imitate him and it started a whole new genre of fake gangsta/swag rap that has just become unbearable. When I occasionally hear the garbage that is on the radio now it just sickens me that people actually like this kind of music. It is just horrible.

LOL.

Funny post. Funny post.

K.R.I.T is boring and unoriginal, yes. Did you see how his first album flopped? No originality whatsoever in the beat selection, in his flow, in the hooks, it all sounds the same! Sure, he has the talent to be great, but he needs to get his **** together. His first mixtapes were really good though.

Why less Drake type dudes? Take Care is an incredible album I don't see what you're talking about. Sure, Thank Me Later was garbage, but Take Care was really good. Got incredible reviews (viewed as a modern day classic by many), good lyrics that you can relate to, great hooks, great production. Why all the hate?

Again, this year :

The great :
Kanye West - Yeezus
Milo - Things That Happen At Day/At Night
Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels

The Good :
Chance The Rapper - Acid Rap
Jon Connor - Unconscious State

The okay :
J.Cole - Born Sinner
Travi$ Scott - Owl Pharaoh
Ace Hood - Trials & Tribulations
Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - Twelve Reasons To Die
Big K.R.I.T - King Remembered In Time
The Underachievers - Indigoism

The Bad :
Jay Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail
Asher Roth - The Greenhouse Effect Vol.II
Freddie Gibbs - ESGN
Talib Kweli - Prisoner Of Conscious
Rittz - Life And Times Of Jonny Valliant
Pusha T - Wrath Of Caine

The Extremely Bad :
Kid Cudi - Indicud
French Montana - Excuse My French
Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes

FWIW, I cringed at your list.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S7cQ3b0iqLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4:23

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PeQWPRtxn-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rips Kanye pretty good.

From Oddisee's new mixtape 'Tangible Dream'

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rEZelw3wbOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dbgDd3Y4Ajw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some stuff from Childish Gambino's upcoming album Because the Internet (released December 10th).

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rIAsBK8-czw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3NQmrWad_Po" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

And here's an amazing freestyle he did on Sway's radio show a couple of days ago.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NfM_fb1onoI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

no mention of lupe? this guy imbodies hip-hop right now, nas and jay are still making music kinda.... em, just dropped a his new joint.

no mention of lupe? this guy imbodies hip-hop right now, nas and jay are still making music kinda.... em, just dropped a his new joint.

i think thats because Lupe backed off of making mainstream hits, started doing stuff that he wanted to do, then the whole Lasers debacle with the record label, and now is laying low aside from doing bizarre interviews where he talks about politics and anarchy.

i love Lupe, but i wish he would get his head straight enough to start making burners again like Yoga Flame, The Cool, and Go-Go-Gadget Flow.

For you Pusha T fans out there:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/47uV0SgB3Kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ykNE7Ah6ejA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jv7gYKUA_-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if that awful autotuned moaning is Kanye in that 2nd PushaT track (it sounds like it), then jeez......what a track ruiner. i went into it thinking that Rick Ross was going to ruin it, but man. awful.

the track with kendrick is sick.

The 3 Certainties of Life:

1. Taxes
2. Death
3. "the track with kendrick is sick"

Obviously not 2013, but the NBA2K commercial's bringing this song back up.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZnydK0phSqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom