2018 Draft Prospects (3 Viewers)

Ade Aruna from Tulane is my draft steal and sleeper. If this kid is there in the early 4th I move up to get him and wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 3rd. This kid is one of the best DE atheletes in the NFL from day one.

He's 6'6 262 lbs running a 4.60 40 along with the best amongst DLineman 38.5" vert and 10'8" broad jump. He had 10 sacks as a junior and would have blew up his senior year had they not moved to a 3-4 defense that he didn't fit. Oh he also has only played football for a few years after moving here from Nigeria to play basketball.

This kid is the perfect DE we need to get after the passer opposite Jordan. Aruna, Hendrickson, and AQM would be one damn good young trio for many years. Aruna has Ansah potential written all over him. Watch how freakishly long and big this kid is. He's the prototype DE you want as a coach molding him into something great. I have heard his work ethic is one the best a trainer I know has ever seen. I'll bet on a hard worker with that athleticism and skill set any day.

Aruna highlights
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0oblTMqvWn8

Saintly Targets

1. Chad THomas- he's a better bet than Holmes or Lewis imo. He's kind of a mix between the two. Not quite as productive as Lewis but productive, and not as ripped n all as Holmes, but is stronger down low

2. Tim Settle- it's amazing how many DT's actually grade lower than him but are expected to go higher. I don't care if he's everydown. Lets just make sure they dont get 5 yrd up the middle on 1st.

3. Avery Genard- will start someday at ILB in the NFL

4. Olasunkanmi Adeniyi DE/OLB toledo

5. TE jordan thomas Miss st 6'6" 280 bball player/ project. remind you of anyone?

6. MARQUEZ VALDES-SCANTLING- 6'4" WR from S Florida that ran a 4.37/ 7th round project

Attachments

• avery genard 1.jpg
    avery genard 1.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 2
  • avery genard 2.jpg
    avery genard 2.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Olasunkanmi-Adeniyi1-590x356.jpg
    Olasunkanmi-Adeniyi1-590x356.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 52
  • chad 3.jpg
    chad 3.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 2
I keep seeing the stat putting Landry in elite company as one of a handful of DL that weigh over 250 and have a sub 6.9 three-cone... Why is Sam Hubbard not put into that category? He had the fastest three-cone in the position group with a 6.84 and according to NFL.com he weighed in at 270. That’s elite quickness. Guy is underrated as hell.

He just doesn't have the bend.

I think that he Aruna, Davenport, Key and Fitts are better off as 3-4 olbs.

Hubbard is basically a Rob Ninckovich clone. Ninkovich had a similar 3-cone at 6.96.

Ade Aruna from Tulane is my draft steal and sleeper. If this kid is there in the early 4th I move up to get him and wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 3rd. This kid is one of the best DE atheletes in the NFL from day one.

He's 6'6 262 lbs running a 4.60 40 along with the best amongst DLineman 38.5" vert and 10'8" broad jump. He had 10 sacks as a junior and would have blew up his senior year had they not moved to a 3-4 defense that he didn't fit. Oh he also has only played football for a few years after moving here from Nigeria to play basketball.

This kid is the perfect DE we need to get after the passer opposite Jordan. Aruna, Hendrickson, and AQM would be one damn good young trio for many years. Aruna has Ansah potential written all over him. Watch how freakishly long and big this kid is. He's the prototype DE you want as a coach molding him into something great. I have heard his work ethic is one the best a trainer I know has ever seen. I'll bet on a hard worker with that athleticism and skill set any day.

Aruna highlights
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0oblTMqvWn8

More like Margus Hunt.

Another 3-4 strongside linebacker prospect because of his lack of bend.

John Franklin Myers of SF Austin outplayed him in the NFLPA bowl at 4-3 DE.

Saintly Targets

1. Chad THomas- he's a better bet than Holmes or Lewis imo. He's kind of a mix between the two. Not quite as productive as Lewis but productive, and not as ripped n all as Holmes, but is stronger down low

2. Tim Settle- it's amazing how many DT's actually grade lower than him but are expected to go higher. I don't care if he's everydown. Lets just make sure they dont get 5 yrd up the middle on 1st.

5. TE jordan thomas Miss st 6'6" 280 bball player/ project. remind you of anyone?

6. MARQUEZ VALDES-SCANTLING- 6'4" WR from S Florida that ran a 4.37/ 7th round project

Holmes is faster than Thomas and uses his hands more violently.

Settle Is nice but I would prefer Da'Shawn Hand at NT because of his speed and size to actually add pressure to the qb.

More like Margus Hunt.

Another 3-4 strongside linebacker prospect because of his lack of bend.

John Franklin Myers of SF Austin outplayed him in the NFLPA bowl.

Aruna is absolutly not a LB. He is a 4-3 DE. People say lots of guys don't have bend and it gets proven wrong often. Cam Jordan didn't have bend and wasn't suppose to be a good pass rusher but that was wrong. Somebody outplaying you in 1 game means very little. The kid is obviously not a finished product and imo is similiar to Graham. I think he can contribute early while being a possible 10+ sack guy year 3. Don't see the Hunt comparisons at all. More Aldon Smith/Danielle Hunter type of player just raw similiar to them and a guy like Ansah.

Aruna is absolutly not a LB. He is a 4-3 DE. People say lots of guys don't have bend and it gets proven wrong often. Cam Jordan didn't have bend and wasn't suppose to be a good pass rusher but that was wrong. Somebody outplaying you in 1 game means very little. The kid is obviously not a finished product and imo is similiar to Graham. I think he can contribute early while being a possible 10+ sack guy year 3. Don't see the Hunt comparisons at all. More Aldon Smith/Danielle Hunter type of player just raw similiar to them and a guy like Ansah.

Cam Jordan lost more than 10lbs to play 4-3 DE too. His combine and rookie weight was 287.

Could he play DE? Sure. But he didnt pop off of the screen at the NFLPA game.

Ansah also ran his 4.6 at 10lbs heavier than Aruna

Saintly Targets

Jordan Thomas is an interesting one. I read an interview on him and he said that a lot of teams were interested in him at the combine

Ansah also ran his 4.6 at 10lbs heavier than Aruna

You are seriously nitpicking 9 lbs!? He also broad jumped a foot further along with 4" higher Vert. Not like 6'6 262 is some small guy. This kid has room for another 10 lbs of muscle and will likely lose very little speed. He just started working out and playing football a few years ago. His work ethic is second to none. This kid is an absolute freak so nitpicking a few lbs to make a case is a poor argument. Obviously Ansah was the better prospect but Aruna has everybit as much ability and more. He will need to take further steps in his development and that's what coaching is for. His length and athleticism is freakish potentially developing into a pro bowl talent. Ziggy Ansah/JPP/Aldon Smith were all very raw pass rushers who were long and athletic giving OLineman problems from day 1 because how explosive they were. His long arms and explosiveness is a LTs nightmare.

You are seriously nitpicking 9 lbs!? He also broad jumped a foot further along with 4" higher Vert. Not like 6'6 262 is some small guy. This kid has room for another 10 lbs of muscle and will likely lose very little speed. He just started working out and playing football a few years ago. His work ethic is second to none. This kid is an absolute freak so nitpicking a few lbs to make a case is a poor argument. Obviously Ansah was the better prospect but Aruna has everybit as much ability and more. He will need to take further steps in his development and that's what coaching is for. His length and athleticism is freakish potentially developing into a pro bowl talent. Ziggy Ansah/JPP/Aldon Smith were all very raw pass rushers who were long and athletic giving OLineman problems from day 1 because how explosive they were. His long arms and explosiveness is a LTs nightmare.

Yeah well ask Cam Jordan about that.

He looked like an entirely different player once he dropped that 10lbs or so of extra weight. And 10lbs of muscle translates to a lot of power in many cases like with Clay Matthews' added bulk of 10+ lbs from USC to Green Bay.

Margus Hunt was an even bigger, stronger and faster freak than Aruna but if you play too high and upright then none of it matters. I liked Hunt at 3-4 olb coming out too because of his measurables but he hasn't gotten the opportunity to play there.

I think Aruna's height at 6-6 might limit him from becoming a player like Danielle Hunter because it hurts his leverage. I think that Josh Sweat might have a better chance to play like Hunter or Robert Mathis at LE because he is shorter and his speed and lack of bend would hurt him less there.

Aruna on tape reminds me of a fast Bobby McCray.

He just doesn't have the bend.

I think that he Aruna, Davenport, Key and Fitts are better off as 3-4 olbs.

Hubbard is basically a Rob Ninckovich clone. Ninkovich had a similar 3-cone at 6.96.

I can see a bit of Ninkovick like you’re saying because he doesn’t look like an amazing athlete on tape, but he has 10 pounds on Rob and is a touch faster/quicker. Basically I would bring up the statement about Landry’s elite company just to say, you can’t omit a guy’s test numbers just because he doesn’t fit the narrative. Hubbard’s three-cone is incredible for his size.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom