2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

Looking at the stats, LSU shot an incredible 32-35 free throws tonight.

2:25 left and LSU is up by 23. If you watch Will Wade, you'd think LSU was down 10. Everything is going right. Tremont even got in a dunk.

IMG_20190119_175422.jpg
I didn't know that Tremont could dunk, because he almost always does layups. Maybe Marlon Taylor is rubbing off on him. It was a great game, but it is disturbing that they started to let USC cut into the lead. At least they didn't lose the lead completely like they did in the past.

I didn't know that Tremont could dunk, because he almost always does layups. Maybe Marlon Taylor is rubbing off on him. It was a great game, but it is disturbing that they started to let USC cut into the lead. At least they didn't lose the lead completely like they did in the past.
Basketball is a game of streaks. No matter the teams, one will ALWAYS cut into the lead of the other.

Basketball is a game of streaks. No matter the teams, one will ALWAYS cut into the lead of the other.
I think it is more a matter of a need to be more consistent as they mature as a team. They have clearly gotten better and more consistent as the season has progressed, but they still have a little ways to go. Granted, LSU did empty their bench once the game was well in hand, so maybe it is more related to them relaxing.

LSU finally has a squad again. If only Tulane and UNO can get it together, it'd be like the early 90s again.

Some good observations by Cody Worsham after the USC game here.

Solid game vs a weak UGA team. They're still a solid club, but lack any elite talent. It's probably closer than it should have been, but it was never really in doubt.

As the LSU game ends, Vandy is up by 6 over the Vols with 1:22 left to go.

Solid game vs a weak UGA team. They're still a solid club, but lack any elite talent. It's probably closer than it should have been, but it was never really in doubt.

As the LSU game ends, Vandy is up by 6 over the Vols with 1:22 left to go.
In the time it took to type the last sentence, the Vols pull to within 2 pts. A quick Vandy turnover and a strong Tennessee layup, and it's tied with 32 seconds left.

Whew...

In the time it took to type the last sentence, the Vols pull to within 2 pts. A quick Vandy turnover and a strong Tennessee layup, and it's tied with 32 seconds left.

Whew...
Wow, what a finish. Good defense by UT, followed by an amazing block off a hustle play to stuff the shot by Vandy, followed by Vandy throwing the ball away while trying to run the floor and the Vols take a timeout w/ 2 seconds left.

No timeouts for Vandy. UT has one. 2 seconds away from LSU being the only undefeated SEC team left.

Wow, what a finish. Good defense by UT, followed by an amazing block off a hustle play to stuff the shot by Vandy, followed by Vandy throwing the ball away while trying to run the floor and the Vols take a timeout w/ 2 seconds left.

No timeouts for Vandy. UT has one. 2 seconds away from LSU being the only undefeated SEC team left.
Nice defense by Vandy and we have OT.

I'm a little sick of OT...

Wade isn't lying. LSU should've won by at least 20. He can't let the players accept the way they played. Yes, they won, but that effort won't cut it against Tennessee or UK.

This Tigers basketball team is helping me get past the way the Sains season ended.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom