2019 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

Good story on Emery.

Sounds like a great kid.

Seems to me that she’d rather him be 55 miles down the road vs 559 miles but what do I know?

I'm sure Wayde Sim's death is going to have a lot of parents re-thinking...

and he was down there on UGA sideline.

im with ya...if that dont flip him, nothing will.
Not sure where that came from, but I have heard he was with LSU recruits during the game and spent time with Derrius Guice. Several recruiting journalists reported he hunted down Orgeron after the game and they were deep in talks. It was a good visit for LSU.

I may have missed something, but why was he on Georgia’s sideline if he was, presumably, on an (official?) visit to LSU?
Not sure where that came from, but I have heard he was with LSU recruits during the game and spent time with Derrius Guice. Several recruiting journalists reported he hunted down Orgeron after the game and they were deep in talks. It was a good visit for LSU.

In my defense..we arrived on campus at 10 am, started at Chimes, then a Tailgate and it was right before kick off I was told and I may have misunderstood. I was ready for a nap.

Oh and no breakfast lol.

I do remember looking at LSU sideline pre game and seeing a TON of people and assumed most were recruiting visits.

In my defense..we arrived on campus at 10 am, started at Chimes, then a Tailgate and it was right before kick off I was told and I may have misunderstood. I was ready for a nap.

Oh and no breakfast lol.

I do remember looking at LSU sideline pre game and seeing a TON of people and assumed most were recruiting visits.
Yeah, when the kids are on campus it's pretty controlled. They're met by LSU staff, corralled by LSU staff and kept track of by LSU staff. It would have been tough for Emery to cross over and pretty damn disrespectful, which would out of character for him. His dad posted a pic of him with the other recruits.

Speaking of Emery in particular, you never know why a kid from Louisiana would bypass LSU for other offers. It could be to experience life outside the shadow of parents, it could be to get away from negative elements in your home area (Perrilloux should've gone to Texas), it could be the lure of big time programs outside your home state.....the list goes on. For some reason, I get the vibe that Emery was not sold on the coaching staff here. Not sold on the offense/scheme. He committed to Georgia before one snap was taken in 2018. Something tells me those opinions may be changing based off of the play of the 2018 Tigers. Far from perfect, but also not fumbling its way through a season, either. Emery could potentially be a star in the Ensminger offense. I think LSU has given him a lot to think about.

Speaking of Emery in particular, you never know why a kid from Louisiana would bypass LSU for other offers. It could be to experience life outside the shadow of parents, it could be to get away from negative elements in your home area (Perrilloux should've gone to Texas), it could be the lure of big time programs outside your home state.....the list goes on. For some reason, I get the vibe that Emery was not sold on the coaching staff here. Not sold on the offense/scheme. He committed to Georgia before one snap was taken in 2018. Something tells me those opinions may be changing based off of the play of the 2018 Tigers. Far from perfect, but also not fumbling its way through a season, either. Emery could potentially be a star in the Ensminger offense. I think LSU has given him a lot to think about.
When I was a HS kid, I wanted to go anywhere but a Louisiana school. I craved something different. I love my home state and I am proud of our traditions and culture, but the world is huge. Plus, almost anywhere is a better place to live and raise a family than Louisiana.

Marcus Banks decommits.

Marcus Banks decommits.
I saw that. I heard he might after the Bama visit, but I didn't know how much stock to put in it after the whole story after his father's death and LSU. I'm sure LSU is still in it, plus Chester Kimbrough and Devin Bush are still out there.

Don't get me wrong. Banks is a very good recruit. I think he has a touch of Greedy to his game, but LSU is in very good shape with DBs Derek Stingley Jr., Dreshun Miller, Maurice Hampton and Cordale Flott. This still might be the best DB class even without Speedy Banks. Add Kimbrough or Raydarious James and I know it is. Rumor has it that current Bama commit Christian Williams has been looking around, too.

We might be better suited finding another DT though, instead.

Last edited:
Emery, a 5-foot-11, 202-pound all-around talent out of Destrehan High in Louisiana, committed to Georgia in July over Mississippi State, LSU and Florida State. The Under Armour All-America Game selection was on the campus of nearby LSU earlier this month for the Tigers' 36-16 win over the Bulldogs.

LSU is now considered the front-runner for Emery, with other programs still in the running, including Florida State.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...on-top-running-back-recruit-decommits-georgia

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom