2022 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD (3 Viewers)

I’m sure Ayton will get more involved as well
I hope Willie let’s Jose bite CP3s ankles all night (but he’ll probably play Graham an annoying amount)
Yeah, but Ayton struggled mightily when Jonas was on the floor.

I would think Suns will lean heavy on the 3 to start - we don’t do well when a team gets hit early from the arc
I hope Willie let’s Jose bite CP3s ankles all night (but he’ll probably play Graham an annoying amount)

maybe so...and if they arent dropping, they are in trouble.

a 3 at home is not the same as 3 on road in playoffs. But they can keep it close with 3s just as we did with timely 3s in game 2.

We need to just BOSS THE BOARDS AGAIN and play Pels ball.

Games 3 and 4 are officially sold out. And the possible game 6 on next Thursday is close to bring sold out as well.

Who says we're not a basketball city?

City is starting to see what many have kinda seen last half of season.

And you couple that with a nice draft, shhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeiiiiittttttt -

When teams go "small" to combat our size - we go small...with Zion - lolol. Guard THAT.

I would think Suns will lean heavy on the 3 to start - we don’t do well when a team gets hit early from the arc
I am willing to bet that Herb will be on CP3 a good bit of the time...I think CP3 is going to get worn down. He ain't young anymore.

Add to that I think we will be doing more transition baskets like we did in the third to make them run more. As soon as the Suns shoot, Hayes takes off to the other end to turn misses into easy buckets. 3 of the main players left for the Suns are older....just run their arses into the ground

Suns fans: How we supposed to win without our best player?
Pelicans fans:
1650576325183.png
To be fair, Zion has been out all season right? The Pelicans' coaches/players have had to prepare and create strategy all season with him absent from the lineup. The Suns just lost Booker after him making a significant contribution to them being the #1 seed.

I'm a Mavs fan and we lost Luka to injury in game 82. I haven't been as confident of the Mavs chances against Utah with him sitting on the bench. But he needs to sit if not 100%. His long term career is more important than this 1 playoff season.

Throw out the season records and the seeding...the moment we got CJ, we became a different team. Hell, we were a .500 team without CJ when BI played after that disastrous 3-16 start....keep in mind he missed like 30 games.

With BI and CJ playing together, we are like 11-3 since the All-Star Break and we have home court advantage in this series now. I am willing to bet the Pelicans players and staff would say the same
No a
Throw out the season records and the seeding...the moment we got CJ, we became a different team. Hell, we were a .500 team without CJ when BI played after that disastrous 3-16 start....keep in mind he missed like 30 games.

With BI and CJ playing together, we are like 11-3 since the All-Star Break and we have home court advantage in this series now. I am willing to bet the Pelicans players and staff would say the same
no doubt - and out ultra youth has worked to our advantage a bit (I don’t think they’ll think their job got easier like they might if they were all 4th years) - but Suns will do everything they can to exploit our youth: get them in foul trouble, confuse them defensively ( but I don’t know either team well enough to know what that looks like)

Again all I’m saying is that yes our odds improve, but I don’t know if that makes us favorites

No a

no doubt - and out ultra youth has worked to our advantage a bit (I don’t think they’ll think their job got easier like they might if they were all 4th years) - but Suns will do everything they can to exploit our youth: get them in foul trouble, confuse them defensively ( but I don’t know either team well enough to know what that looks like)

Again all I’m saying is that yes our odds improve, but I don’t know if that makes us favorites
at least close enough to be on even footing and now we have homecourt advantage

Since this is a NBA playoffs thread, anybody else not buying what Golden St is selling?

I dont care how well Draymond defends Jokic, you have to keep hammering them in the paint.

Instead dumb Denver chucks as many 3s and the Warriors. Got outscored in the paint in game 2.

NBA coaches are definitely a weird lot.

Since this is a NBA playoffs thread, anybody else not buying what Golden St is selling?

I dont care how well Draymond defends Jokic, you have to keep hammering them in the paint.

Instead dumb Denver chucks as many 3s and the Warriors. Got outscored in the paint in game 2.

NBA coaches are definitely a weird lot.
I think you’re right, they do need to feed Jokic inside. Playing from the arc goes right into the Warriors game. I thought that series would be 1-1 at this point.

Luka isn’t playing tonight. Unfortunately I think Mavs go down 1-2 after tonight. Untimely injury, but Luka has been stressing the basketball gods with his incessant whining, and the gods had enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom