2022 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD (1 Viewer)

Does "good-to-go" mean he's 100% with no lingering issues or concerns? IMO, if there is even a smidge of doubt on his health, he sits and you roll with what you got you there. It's not worth it at this point to risk the future and what an aggravation of the injury might mean going forward. I typed all of this but I don't know the details of his injury other than something with the foot.

Funny you say that about Zion.

My Nuggets find themselves in this exact predicament.

Down an expected 3-0 due to the fact Denver hasn’t had two starters all year including its all-star Robin (Jamal Murray) for their Batman (Jokic).

Murray has been cleared to play. Denver’s season has 48 minutes left - 96 at best.

I am totally torn on if I want to see him play.

It has been such a frustrating year. To have the reigning and soon to be back to back MVP have no help, watch Michael Porter Jr’s back explode and no Murray, and still win almost 50 games.

Only to draw the fricken Warriors because they decided to take the month of March off

Would suck to reinjure that ACL at this point. Down 0-3, the season is over. Let him work his way back into playing shape for next season.

Does "good-to-go" mean he's 100% with no lingering issues or concerns? IMO, if there is even a smidge of doubt on his health, he sits and you roll with what you got you there. It's not worth it at this point to risk the future and what an aggravation of the injury might mean going forward. I typed all of this but I don't know the details of his injury other than something with the foot.
There’s really no way to know
(Like I’m sure before Gio Reyna took the field last he passed all physical protocols) - team doctors will/have evaluated and given a green light
But there’s no way any team practices in the last month has been against/with any of the A list, the team has been in playoff mode for weeks and I’m sure all court time and energy is given to the next opponent
More than likely Zion has been practicing against 3rd teams and asst coaches

if Zion is in shape to play, let him come off the bench for 15 minutes. Whose minutes will he take?

If I have a choice, I take minutes away from Snell, Graham, and Marshall to give Zion 15 minutes off the bench in a heartbeat

So the Zion discussion. Many say he's good to go. His step-father has said he can play. I know someone who talks to him every now and then he (the person I know) thinks Zion is good to go.

But it's a huge question for Willie Green. The team is playing strong basketball and the chemistry that has developed is a really big part of that - and introducing a new element is very risky.

In this article from Barstool yesterday, he argues that with Booker going down, the Pelicans should seize the moment and put Zion in the lineup.

Agree or disagree.

I guess the question would be has Zion been practicing with the team? If so how does the team look? Personally I would wait until the Fourth game to bring him in, we know Booker is going to be out for both of them. This way Zion can practice with the team one more time and get ready/get their timing correct.And like someone mentioned limit his minutes.

I guess the question would be has Zion been practicing with the team? If so how does the team look? Personally I would wait until the Fourth game to bring him in, we know Booker is going to be out for both of them. This way Zion can practice with the team one more time and get ready/get their timing correct.And like someone mentioned limit his minutes.

Yeah, I agree that until he starts practicing full it seems premature. Is he now? I'm not sure.

Funny you say that about Zion.

My Nuggets find themselves in this exact predicament.

Down an expected 3-0 due to the fact Denver hasn’t had two starters all year including its all-star Robin (Jamal Murray) for their Batman (Jokic).

Murray has been cleared to play. Denver’s season has 48 minutes left - 96 at best.

I am totally torn on if I want to see him play.

It has been such a frustrating year. To have the reigning and soon to be back to back MVP have no help, watch Michael Porter Jr’s back explode and no Murray, and still win almost 50 games.

Only to draw the fricken Warriors because they decided to take the month of March off

yall are KILLING Jokic lolol.

by every 3rd quarter i marvel at all the scratches, red marks, whelps etc on his arms lolol

Yeah, I agree that until he starts practicing full it seems premature. Is he now? I'm not sure.
I don't know. From reporting, after the public practice is done, that's when they do a closed-door session including Zion. So there are no clues as to who's he scrimmaging with.

if Zion is in shape to play, let him come off the bench for 15 minutes. Whose minutes will he take?

If I have a choice, I take minutes away from Snell, Graham, and Marshall to give Zion 15 minutes off the bench in a heartbeat
Naji, I’m ok with in short bursts
The other two can stay on the bench
I think you would switch him with Jaxson (keep JV for Ayton) - play him like you played Jaxson in game one (which wasn’t good for him) park him by one of the 3 or shooters and position him for outlet fastbreak

Naji, I’m ok with in short bursts
The other two can stay on the bench
I think you would switch him with Jaxson (keep JV for Ayton) - play him like you played Jaxson in game one (which wasn’t good for him) park him by one of the 3 or shooters and position him for outlet fastbreak
Except Hayes is with the starters and, while I understand he has been very inconsistent, I would prefer not to mess with the starting unit as it has become one of the most successful in the NBA.

Zion, Nance Jr, Alvarado, TM3, and either Ingram or CJ (one of the two spends time with the reserves generally) would be a helluva a bench for anybody to contain.

Except Hayes is with the starters and, while I understand he has been very inconsistent, I would prefer not to mess with the starting unit as it has become one of the most successful in the NBA.

Zion, Nance Jr, Alvarado, TM3, and either Ingram or CJ (one of the two spends time with the reserves generally) would be a helluva a bench for anybody to contain.
I meant sub him for Jaxson, not replace him

Quick question for everyone, are we going to be coming back to this thread to discuss the ongoing game today? Or do we need to go to the pelican board?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom