Ahsoka Live Action Series (Disney+) (1 Viewer)

I don’t know what to think of this because I thought both Mando and Ahsoka were pretty good.

that financial analyst can frak all the way off - so tired of board rooms burying content just for the tax breaks
if you're a content provider, provide content - if you want to play the market, go to wall street

Conclusion: You absolutely needed to see Clone Wars and/or Rebels to enjoy this at all

Been sitting with my feelings on the finale, reading you guys' gushing reviews and doing some thinking. I just did not enjoy this at all. Yes, I enjoyed some elements of it such as Baylan not getting bogged down in other people's BS, just kicking arse and doing his thing. I enjoyed the first half of the Asoka vs Witched-Up Morgan fight, but we didn't even get to enjoy and see the full power of her witchyness and green smoke sword before that was over. I enjoyed Hera's bottom framing. I enjoyed the first Ezra fight where he used the force and no lightsaber. I enjoyed the zombie Stormtroopers for all of 5 minutes until they were proven to be just as useless as the normal Stormtroopers. Yea.... that's about it. The rest was just call backs to things I had no idea were things. I caught myself saying to myself multiple times, "I hate this." OR "This is more contrived and convenienced that even most other Star Wars. Please just kill Sabine." There was never a point where the stakes felt real and the Stormtrooper fights felt flat and uninteresting. It was kinda cool how they rammed the 2 Tie-Fighters with the last bit of the ships power, but it was always assumed the robot dude would just show up in the ship at the end. And the Sabine force push..... so lame and predictable. Overall, better than Boba Fett but worse than Mando and Andor.

Conclusion: You absolutely needed to see Clone Wars and/or Rebels to enjoy this at all

Been sitting with my feelings on the finale, reading you guys' gushing reviews and doing some thinking. I just did not enjoy this at all. Yes, I enjoyed some elements of it such as Baylan not getting bogged down in other people's BS, just kicking arse and doing his thing. I enjoyed the first half of the Asoka vs Witched-Up Morgan fight, but we didn't even get to enjoy and see the full power of her witchyness and green smoke sword before that was over. I enjoyed Hera's bottom framing. I enjoyed the first Ezra fight where he used the force and no lightsaber. I enjoyed the zombie Stormtroopers for all of 5 minutes until they were proven to be just as useless as the normal Stormtroopers. Yea.... that's about it. The rest was just call backs to things I had no idea were things. I caught myself saying to myself multiple times, "I hate this." OR "This is more contrived and convenienced that even most other Star Wars. Please just kill Sabine." There was never a point where the stakes felt real and the Stormtrooper fights felt flat and uninteresting. It was kinda cool how they rammed the 2 Tie-Fighters with the last bit of the ships power, but it was always assumed the robot dude would just show up in the ship at the end. And the Sabine force push..... so lame and predictable. Overall, better than Boba Fett but worse than Mando and Andor.
I've only seen the first few episodes of Clone Wars and I've seen bits and pieces of several stories, enough that I had a decent idea of what's going on. I loved this show. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Not perfect, but very good.

Last edited:
I don’t know what to think of this because I thought both Mando and Ahsoka were pretty good.

This raises a question for me: how do you determine ratings for a streaming show that is up on a streaming site for a long time. At what point do you decide it has had its run of viewers?

I recall reading that the "The Odd Couple" was cancelled every year for its five year run, but then ratings for it were so high during the rerun season, the network changed their minds and renewed it each year until after the fifth season. Considering that was once a thing, how does that work with streaming shows in which the rerun season is practically endless? When do you figure that ratings are poor or not?

I pretty much agree with this statement. Though I did enjoy Ahsoka more after episode 3.
Seeing Anakin drew me into the show a bit more.

it's more that we first meet Sabine in a jedi wheelchair with Huyang declaring "she will never ever ever ever walk"
then we see her take her first faltering steps out of the wheelchair
and 5 minutes later she's beating Jesse Owens

i am sure the writers room and many many many discussion about this - they obviously chose a force power that we've seldom seen and that Sabine has no reason to be able to wield. they were very specific about how limited (or non-existent) her abilities are/were - SOMETHING has to account for this quantum leap
She’s hardly beating Jesse Owens. She force-grabbed her lightsaber and force-pushed Ezra. That just doesn’t seem like PhD-level Jedi-ing to me.

She’s hardly beating Jesse Owens. She force-grabbed her lightsaber and force-pushed Ezra. That just doesn’t seem like PhD-level Jedi-ing to me.
I also think Ezra gave her confidence in the limited powers she already had. I wouldn't discount his influence on her considering how important he is to her.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom