Algiers ferry - huh? (1 Viewer)

dunno - what would you suggest?

I dunno. I'm not a council person making public noise. Maybe I'd like to see a transparent run down of the governments efforts to make this thing private. That would be a good start to give a little context to this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm shocked!Not at all.

Attachments

• birdcage1.jpg
    birdcage1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 39
Gretna ferry service to end, Algiers-Canal ferry hours reduced | wwltv.com New Orleans

1/2 glad but now kinda irked

The Algiers/Canal ferry's hours will now run from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Monday through Friday and for eight hours each weekend day.
A DOTD spokesperson said the schedule could be adjusted based on funding and ridership levels.

i often take the ferry at 6am and sometimes return after 10pm
i think a 6-10am & 4-12pm make much more sense for the ridership that i've seen (usually about 30-50 people on the 6am - most seem either service industry or construction)
but i would guess for staffing a full day is easier than 2 half days

yaygrr

So I figured it was appropriate to bump this old thread in light of current circumstances. I moved back to NOLA(Algiers, specifically) about a month ago to find the ferry service suspended. The new boats they paid for can't pass inspection and the old boats have fallen into disrepair. No one seems to have any answers and the only people who seem to care are westbankers that used the ferry to get downtown and the businesses in The Point. I feel like there's something we aren't being told. As does this guy https://www.nola.com/news/article_15b656d2-0d58-11ea-83e8-4b76b5cda8e4.html

And, yes, before anyone says it, this is my "Welcome back to New Orleans" moment.

So I figured it was appropriate to bump this old thread in light of current circumstances. I moved back to NOLA(Algiers, specifically) about a month ago to find the ferry service suspended. The new boats they paid for can't pass inspection and the old boats have fallen into disrepair. No one seems to have any answers and the only people who seem to care are westbankers that used the ferry to get downtown and the businesses in The Point. I feel like there's something we aren't being told. As does this guy https://www.nola.com/news/article_15b656d2-0d58-11ea-83e8-4b76b5cda8e4.html

And, yes, before anyone says it, this is my "Welcome back to New Orleans" moment.

yep, I remember the story about them not knowing why the old ones were still being used when they had the new ones but at least they had something running. My GF and I have gone to catch it twice over the last month and a half only to turn away dejected and POd.

(that article is by a woman btw)

its a little concerning that it has been this long and not more outcry. This story needs a Lee Zurich shoving a mic in your face moment. Its like the Guido's of the world have moved away from Algiers and thrown in the towel on it.

It's oh so tempting. My brother in Jefferson Parish has an issue with permitting for a fence. He submitted his online paperwork request at 6pm on a Wednesday. He had a response at 7:50AM on Thursday morning.

I had an issue with billing from the sewerage and water board. I just got it resolved by having an official hearing...558 days later.

its a little concerning that it has been this long and not more outcry. This story needs a Lee Zurich shoving a mic in your face moment. Its like the Guido's of the world have moved away from Algiers and thrown in the towel on it.
I'd love to see Zurich get involved, but like you said, there just doesn't seem to be enough outcry, which is a shame.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom