Analysis of the Saints from Knowledgeable Source - Lomg (1 Viewer)

I would sign KV to a cheap contract if possible. He's one of those that I fear will go to a good team and play lights out. If we build physical/aggressive defense, I believe he will be a key piece, but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

I'll admit it. I like these "Pete" conversations.

Soggy - thanks a lot. I never played football. I have my opinions, but not based on game knowledge -guesses. Every couple of months a few nfl guys show up and they go off together. It's a real thrill for me to just listen and learn. They are not all correct, but the level of conversation is at levels I've never heard. It's a treat for me when it happens. And they talk to each other as only top football players do. They have their own language

I agree with everything in the OP. Vaccaro feels like the exact type of guy that we sign for more than we should and then he burns us. I think we should make him a fair offer and if he takes it, great.. If not, then let him chase more money elsewhere.
Brees is the best QB we'll ever see in a Saints uniform. When he leaves, things will be so much different. I want us to hold onto him until he hangs up his cleats though. No trade would be worth it in my opinion. 90% of every 1st round is made up of busts and underperformers.
If we end up with a top 5 pick, I'd take Kizer or anybody else out there, including Garrett. QB is so important, and he's got the best shot to be a near-elite QB, especially if he has Payton coaching him.
Once again, Swimmer gets raked over the coals for offering up some insight, but because it isn't all sunshine and lollipops, people bash him.

Even when we were 100% healthy before the season, the "experts" all said our defense would be horrible. Now we have subtracted many key starters from that unit and it's an abomination.

I said 4-12 before the season started, and I think that is our ceiling now. 3-13 seems more likely, and 2-14 is a realistic outcome.

Here are the players that I think we can win with and have a future in the Saints plans.

Brees
Ingram
Cooks
Thomas
Snead
Armstead
Unger
Maybe Peat... MAYBE

Cam Jordan
Davidson
Robertson
Breaux
Maybe Bell, maybe...

Why don't you get Pete to join here and do a Q & A?

Most of what you said is your words from over the last two years, rearranged, and now attributed to Pete. Who is some sort of football genius.

It's enough dude.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Overspending: I agree that our cap decisions have been disastrous and wouldn't be allowed to happen in most FOs.

Dennis Allen: I agree here too. I think he is at least a "decent" DC, if nothing else. I think our scheme is good enough to produce an average defense if we have the physical talent to make it happen. But we don't. We have injured players and sub-par players.

Injuries and conditioning: Eh, I don't know. I find it tough to believe that a bunch of guys are spent and burned out in week four. Then again, look at all the injuries. Conditioning would answer that question appropriately. So maybe.

Player mentality: Oh yeah, I can believe this. These guys are sacrificing their bodies out there and they're smart enough to know they likely won't be in the league past thirty years of age. I suppose it's smart for their future financially, but that doesn't produce a good football product. Maybe I need to start following college ball a bit more...

Tom Benson: If this is true about Tom, I'm not surprised. He has never come off as a cattle baron type of owner. And the players talk about Tom differently too. It's nice to see.

Vaccaro: Let him walk? OP, is your "source" insane? Inconsistent? Heck, if anyone wants to look at inconsistent then two guys pop into my head so fast it gives me a headache and neither one of them is KV (Ellerbe and Byrd).

SP: I agree about Payton. His offenses are still putting up 30+ per game most weeks. Take the defensive game AWAY from him totally and let him steer our historically great offense.

Rebuilding: Rebuilding? If so, then it's either the slowest rebuild of all time, or they only just started this season. It's been three years and all they've done is strike out on FA signings and pile up dead money. That's not rebuilding.

Here are the players that I think we can win with and have a future in the Saints plans.

Brees
Ingram
Cooks
Thomas
Snead
Armstead
Unger
Maybe Peat... MAYBE

Cam Jordan
Davidson
Robertson
Breaux
Maybe Bell, maybe...

I'd add Vaccaro and possibly remove Unger as a future piece. I don't know how long Unger will be able to play. I'd also add our other broke leg. I think he'll be fine.

In the gym today, I had time with Pete alone and asked him what he thought of the Saints this year. If all you want to do is take shots at his points, then get out of the thread now. There are maybe 2-3 people on the Board who knows as much - maybe

I don't know who you are. I don't know who Pete is. Did you really just tell me and others to kowtow to you and Pete's opinion simply because you say his opinions are superior to all but maybe 2 or 3 posters here? Because that's what it seems to me you just said.

Seriously, is there anyway to limit swimmer from creating new threads to once a week?

Soggy - thanks a lot. I never played football. I have my opinions, but not based on game knowledge -guesses. Every couple of months a few nfl guys show up and they go off together. It's a real thrill for me to just listen and learn. They are not all correct, but the level of conversation is at levels I've never heard. It's a treat for me when it happens. And they talk to each other as only top football players do. They have their own language

Wait you made it seem like you were the one talking to Pete in the OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you get Pete to join here and do a Q & A?

Most of what you said is your words from over the last two years, rearranged, and now attributed to Pete. Who is some sort of football genius.

It's enough dude.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Even the Kenny V part of that is based on a recent Swimmer thread. And the stuff that isn't Swimmer's rearranged words are usually things that the forum has been discussing to death. A while back he tried to say that he talked to 2 NFL RB prospects in that gym, and neither of them wanted to play for the Saints because "their O-line sucks". This also conveniently happened to coincide with a time on this forum when seemingly every page had at least 2 or 3 threads whining about Strief or Lelito/Kelemente, and how the Saints were failing to upgrade.

I like your threads Swimmer, much more interesting then all the Saints apologist threads, this season has got real bad quick. Every team has injuries, just this team has no depth and that is on the FO. Message boards are for fans to question the teams direction.

The Vacarro extension could go either way. If we doesn't get other pieces around him, he'll likely just start going through the motions like others on this defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom