Andrus Peat signs with the Raiders (3 Viewers)

I'm happy I don't have to read desperate fans pining to resign the guy. If it takes this and next offseason to rebuild the line, so be it. Go forward, not backward. Finally, the Raiders took one of our retreads, instead of the other way around.

I figured that was a wrap once his number got re-assigned. Sucks. Could have really used his help this year even if only as good depth.

I wanted him back to, but I guess the coaches didn't think he fit the scheme or wasn't better than what we have. It seems like this makes Penning the failure point for the entire season. If he is ready to go and can be at least an average LT, then this team should be at least decent, but if he fails it seems like the season will be doomed since there really aren't any other options at LT other than maybe Fuaga and then we have a hole at RT.

That is, of course, unless they find a better veteran LT or RT either before camp or after final cuts.

I wanted him back to, but I guess the coaches didn't think he fit the scheme or wasn't better than what we have.

Or, maybe Andrus Peat never wanted to come back to the Saints, regardless of what our coaches thought. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, to go play with another team who isn't going to the playoffs next year tells me all I need to know about him. Buh bye!

I wanted him back to, but I guess the coaches didn't think he fit the scheme or wasn't better than what we have. It seems like this makes Penning the failure point for the entire season. If he is ready to go and can be at least an average LT, they this team should be at least decent, but if he fails it seems like the season will be doomed since there really aren't any other options at LT other than maybe Fuaga and then we have a hole at RT.

That is, of course, unless they find a better veteran LT or RT either before camp or after final cuts.

Agreed…was just telling a friend the same thing. Between he and Saldiveri, the left side of our OL may determine our season. Things could get REALLY ugly if we have miscalculated here…like Darryl “Turnstyle” Terrell ugly.

I don't think re-signing Peat was ever a consideration. He may not have the proper skillset for the new offense being installed.
The skillset includes blocking for a QB, so, that's right. Better than Penning though.

Glad this Peat saga is over. Letting this go on too long is how you end up with Penning as your replacement. Which is bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom