Kubiak says that offense will be "run first" (3 Viewers)

ec3d5d32-75bc-4a66-a786-a2857da3bf65_text.gif

The zone blocking scheme will/should create more running lanes and cut back lanes for the running backs, perfect for guys like Kamara and Miller where as under PC it was just running up the backs of lineman.

Last edited:
as it should be, Defense spent to much time on field last year. Offense gets the ball. 11:02 Passes on 1st down, incomplete. Run on 2nd down -3 yards, pass on 3rd down sack. Punts the ball, 10:11 defense back on field.

Ish was ridiculous last year.

When you're pass first, and the pass isn't working...it makes your run downs predictable. Once that happens it then puts you behind the 8 ball and you ask your QB to dig you out of 3rd and long. Defense pins it's ears back, QB gets sacked, INT, or incompletion....Ball goes back to the opposing offense w/ very little time run off the clock.

Carr wasn't Brees and the offense insisted on acting like he was until like week 11. Then Pete was like ohhhh I need to run a bit more.

Yeah no s*** sherlock

I remember DA saying something similar when he came became HC.

…..seems like we were inconsistent first
I'll NEVER forget what DA said and it still hasn't come true yet. He said that we're going to play with an energy that the other team either cannot or will not match. Still waiting for that DA.

Cool... Always a good idea to let the entire league know what your plan is ahead of time... Saves a lot of time really. On a related note... Saints fans are pretty familiar with the run - run - pass - punt offense.
Run run run pass is just being meh about it. It's running when the offense expects pass or out of pass formations, and passing when the defense expects run or out of running or heavy formations.

Come out in 3 TE, 1WR and 1 RB and then run a PA and pass the ball. Come out in Shotgun and run a wide zone.

You can still be run oriented and pass the ball 60% of time. It's not like they are going to suddenly become a 40% pass team and run 60% of the time lol, I think you know that though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom