Kubiak says that offense will be "run first" (2 Viewers)

Run run run pass is just being meh about it. It's running when the offense expects pass or out of pass formations, and passing when the defense expects run or out of running or heavy formations.

Come out in 3 TE, 1WR and 1 RB and then run a PA and pass the ball. Come out in Shotgun and run a wide zone.

I know what the 49ers offense looks like... we don't have the 49ers players... this has been discussed. LOL

I know what the 49ers offense looks like... we don't have the 49ers players... this has been discussed. LOL
You don't build it like the 49ers offense, you build it based on what you have.

How about coming out in 2RB 2TE 1 WR?

You can have Juwan Johnson detached from formation on a CB. That's a mismatch in blocking
You have Miller/Kamara in the backfield. You can motion Kamara out and into the slot
Miller is your TB
Your other TE is blocking or a receiving option

You can run out of that or PA out of it and find your mismatches.

Are you pessimistic because it makes you feel good or are you just that down on DA and the team as a whole?

Run run run pass is just being meh about it. It's running when the offense expects pass or out of pass formations, and passing when the defense expects run or out of running or heavy formations.

Come out in 3 TE, 1WR and 1 RB and then run a PA and pass the ball. Come out in Shotgun and run a wide zone.

You can still be run oriented and pass the ball 60% of time. It's not like they are going to suddenly become a 40% pass team and run 60% of the time lol, I think you know that though.

This^

It's a better description of what the Kubiak offensive will look like. The key is deception and lack of predictability. Staying ahead of the down and distance helps.

Anyone who thinks when Kubiak says that we will be a "Run First" team that the Saints plan on running on 1st and 2nd down consistently has a false read on it.

This^

It's a better description of what the Kubiak offensive will look like. The key is deception and lack of predictability. Staying ahead of the down and distance helps.

Anyone who thinks when Kubiak says that we will be a "Run First" team that the Saints plan on running on 1st and 2nd down consistently has a false read on it.
Or is just extremely pessimistic and trolling. There isn't a single team in the league that's running the ball over 50% of the time lol.

You don't build it like the 49ers offense, you build it based on what you have.

How about coming out in 2RB 2TE 1 WR?

You can have Juwan Johnson detached from formation on a CB. That's a mismatch in blocking
You have Miller/Kamara in the backfield. You can motion Kamara out and into the slot
Miller is your TB
Your other TE is blocking or a receiving option

You can run out of that or PA out of it and find your mismatches.

Are you pessimistic because it makes you feel good or are you just that down on DA and the team as a whole?

Not really... I mean I do think DA is one of the worst HCs in the NFL... So there is that....

But we also did nothing in the offseason to add an elite (Pro or College) playmaker to the offense in the form of a big body TD - Go getter...

Our line looks better on paper but is still wildly unproven and untested...

Our defense and our best offensive player are a year older...

In my mind, we are running it back against a tougher schedule and a tougher division.... and our only real hope is that Kubiak is an offensive Jedi Master... and on top of that.... Vegas thinks the smart money is against that.... so... yeah... On the (w)hole - I am down.

Last edited:
Not really... I mean I do think DA is one of the worst HCs in the NFL... So there is that....

But we also did nothing in the offseason to add an elite (Pro or College) playmaker to the offense in the form of a big body TD - Go getter...

Our line looks better on paper but is still wildly unproven and untested...

Our defense and best our offensive player are a year older...

In my mind, we are running it back against a tougher schedule and a tougher division.... and our only real hope is that Kubiak is an offensive Jedi Master... and on top of that.... Vegas thinks the smart money is against that.... so... yeah... On the (w)hole - I am down.

I can’t help but surmise that had we added Bowers your entire tune would be different.

I hope this season eases you I really do.

We definitely dont have the line, but we have to start somewhere, evaluate, continue to draft and sign free agents to fit the scheme. We may play a modified version to fit the talent this year but the transition needs a starting point. anyone expectations of the 49ers offense is just hope Im glad they atleast doing something different time to move on we dont have brees anymore

I can’t help but surmise that had we added Bowers your entire tune would be different.

I hope this season eases you I really do.

I would have been slightly more hopeful... and at least looked forward to watching Saints offense on Sunday - with the hope for more than 14-20 point outputs and super long and sketchy FG attempts... Bowers sure... but really anything on offense to be excited about... anything at all that doesn't represent more of the same from last year.

As of now I see no reliable or proven personnel group to run this offense, or block for it... I don't see any young or exciting player additions that can elevate the offense.... and I see a coach that's comfortable with barely getting by, and close enough to keep his job.

This is my team, but at the end of the day I watch for entertainment and excitement... last year's offense was not entertaining nor exciting... and I just see more of the same on the horizon for 2024.

Last edited:

You can still be run oriented and pass the ball 60% of time. It's not like they are going to suddenly become a 40% pass team and run 60% of the time lol, I think you know that though.
I know you’re just creating an example, but in that example, I’m not sure we have the TEs to create a grouping like that in a traditional set as some will have to be split out. Only two I can see doing that are Johnson and Hill. That may be enough unless one or the other gets hurt. We may need to find another TE after June 1. Another thought could the new guy Horvath be used like that.

I would have been slightly more hopeful... and at least looked forward to watching Saints offense on Sunday - with the hope for more than 14-20 point outputs and super long and sketchy FG attempts... Bowers sure... but really anything on offense to be excited about... anything at all that doesn't represent more of the same from last year.

This is my team, but at the end of the day I watch for entertainment and excitement... last year's offense was not entertaining nor exciting... and I just see more of the same on the horizon for 2024.

I don't disagree that I need more excitement, but I am interested to see what Kubiak can do with the weapons we do have. I would have liked a big contested catch/YAC guy but the draft didn't fall right for it. Those guys that most of us were targeting at #45 went in the late first.

But, I would like to see what an inventive offensive mind, which I hope/think Kubiak is, can do with Shaheed, Olave, Kamara, Miller, and Taysom. I think all of those guys have play making ability if you get them into space and that is how this offense is supposed to work. And I would like to see how those guys play when teams don't know if you are running or passing based or formation, personnel, and/or down and distance.

Allen year 3
Carr year 2
Kubiak year 1

I've been very vocal and critical of the mediocrity and the herpa derpa from GM, to coaching, to gameplay. But I think they've all now hit the reset button - with Loomis' straightforward offseason, good draft, and now Kubiak taking over for Pete the dead fish.

I've lowered and reset my expectations to a 2 year plan for this gang. Kubiak should help Carr settle down, with the fresh offense. Allen can focus on the D. They'll get another oline stud next year in the draft, and probably another running back. They need to improve this season - in poise, chemistry, and pace.

If they suck or are again mediocre and inconsistent, they'll all hear it loud and louder from the fans. But the draft and FA have brought at least 7-9 new players to the team with more fresh faces coming in next year. Turning over the personnel is what is needed and I now believe it is happening enough to start changing the team's unserious identity.

Young and hungry is so much better than old and plateau'd.

I'll settle for efficient. Run, pass, I don't care as long as they're effective and their play would lead to true complimentary football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom