Anyone else find it weird how much other fans hate MT? (1 Viewer)

If you take the plunge into Twitter and Instagram, you will easily find people who can't stand Michael Thomas. There are people who legit say he is not even top five. And if you don't think he's the best in the league that's fine. But to say anything below top three is just horribly false. I mean all their reasons are garbage.

"He only runs slants."
If you were to take out all his slants he would still lead the league in yardage and receptions. And even if that was the case, then stop it.

"Take out slants, in routes, out routes and screens and he has way less yards."
Wait you mean if you take out the four routes he runs best, he would have less yards and receptions? No way. Let's see what Tyreek Hill does without nine routes.

"He doesn't make any receptions deep."
Frankly, he doesn't need to because he is so good at what he does. Casual NFL fans think a receivers only job is to "go deep." Also, aren't these the same people who constantly say Drew's arm is shot. If that was the case, all his receptions would have to be short right?

"He has a Hall-of-Famer throwing to him."
For five games this year he had Teddy Ball Game throwing him the ball and his production did not dip at all.

"He has an abrasive personality."
I can't argue he has an abrasive personality, but so do people like Michael Jordan, Aaron Rodgers and numerous other athletes. I could care less what they act like off the field (as long as they're not doing anything illegal).

So the question I pose is why do you think the casual (and often stupid) NFL fanbase share disdain for MT? Is it his personality, another factor, or what I personally think it is, a growing resentment for the Saints as a whole.
He makes it really easy for people to dislike him, he's a diva with very thin skin.

He talks a lot on Twitter, but unlike most he actually backs up every word on the field. What I find fascinating is how humble and mild mannered he is in interviews. I believe that there is Michael Thomas and there’s MT. Hopefully, Mr. initials never mirrors the other Mr. initials (AB), who’s still waiting to get picked up by a team. I love Mike and all he brings, even when he makes me cringe.

As long as he never disrupts the locker room and continues helping to sharpen his teammates, then he can keep every side of his edge. Some guys need an axe to grind in order to compete; Mike requires a guillotine to sharpen. He’s wired to be great at all costs. That may include public favor.

He’s great... no question..

BUT... If he wasn’t a Saint, I’d be 100% over him.

He’s like the present-day Terrell Owens.
Lol... I wish we had low quality post warning, because it's clear you don't know a thing about Mike Thomas.

Lol... I wish we had low quality post warning, because it's clear you don't know a thing about Mike Thomas.

OK. I don’t know anything about him... he plays for the Saints, he’s really good, he’s super cocky, and he talks a ton of trash on social media...

Beyond that, I don’t know (or care to know really) anything else. I feel like I already know too much.

The absolute best thing is the Falcons fans. For years they whined because no one would agree that Julio was the clear best WR in the league over Antonio Brown. Then, with Brown out of the picture, MT of all people comes out of no where to leapfrog Julio.

The tears are so sweet!

The absolute best thing is the Falcons fans. For years they whined because no one would agree that Julio was the clear best WR in the league over Antonio Brown. Then, with Brown out of the picture, MT of all people comes out of no where to leapfrog Julio.

The tears are so sweet!
That is THE biggest fanbase that gets triggered about MT. Everytime MT accomplishes something (All Pro, OPOY, receptions record), their blog sites and fans on Twitter bring up Julio for no reason and throw shade on MT. They have serious little brother syndrome when it comes to MT and the Saints.

He just talks too much for a one and a half year wonder. He needs to be consistently good till people he gets consistent credit.

Consistently good??........seriously?? He's more like a 4year wonder.

All he's done in the first 4 years of his career is catch more passes than anyone who has ever put on a football helmet!!

How many guys come into the league and catch 92 passes as a rookie?.........……..and that was his worst year of production!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom