Are we just stuck with harpers contract? (2 Viewers)

loomis mjust have been drunk as hell when he gave roman that contract

None of the players mentioned would bring the physicality that harper brings consistently. How can the defensive leader of the team not deserve what he is getting? The man does everything for this defense.. we have a safety who is our best player against the run and one of our only players who doesn't shy away from contact..I doubt those other players would want to play for the saints with our current roster because they will look very bad coming down hill 20 times a game against rbs and getting there bodies messed up. All I'm saying is we can't forget that we have at least 4 men from the front 7 that shouldn't be starting. Without harper and jenkins teams would run for 250 a game on us because they are our most willing tacklers even our lbs seem to be content with being blocked..
Oh, thank goodness they ran at us only for 147 ypg (worst in the nfl), so they could concentrate on throwing the ball for 292 ypg (second worst in the nfl) good for a 94 qbr. Now you've just eased my worries

If we cut him, we save $1 million. We could definitely get a better safety than him for $1 million in free agency, a bargain basement guy like Sensabaugh would be a huge improvement. We could also save the $1 million and get a SS in the middle rounds to start. Even if the guy we replace him with misses tackles, is ridiculously slow, can't cover, and drops most interceptions, even when they hit him in the hands, we won't be any worse off.

It's simple- designate him as a June 1st cut ( can do it right now as per the new CBA) and he saves us almost five million this year! We should be able to sign a good safety for around that. Plus have a little extra to give us more room to sign another mid level FA.

None of the players mentioned would bring the physicality that harper brings consistently. How can the defensive leader of the team not deserve what he is getting? The man does everything for this defense.. we have a safety who is our best player against the run and one of our only players who doesn't shy away from contact..I doubt those other players would want to play for the saints with our current roster because they will look very bad coming down hill 20 times a game against rbs and getting there bodies messed up. All I'm saying is we can't forget that we have at least 4 men from the front 7 that shouldn't be starting. Without harper and jenkins teams would run for 250 a game on us because they are our most willing tacklers even our lbs seem to be content with being blocked..

DISAGREE BIG TIME ...... Its not about physicality. Its about ball skills and that poor guy Harper has 0 ball skills.

If we cut him, we save $1 million. We could definitely get a better safety than him for $1 million in free agency, a bargain basement guy like Sensabaugh would be a huge improvement. We could also save the $1 million and get a SS in the middle rounds to start. Even if the guy we replace him with misses tackles, is ridiculously slow, can't cover, and drops most interceptions, even when they hit him in the hands, we won't be any worse off.

C'mon man :covri:

loomis mjust have been drunk as hell when he gave roman that contract

Or just thought that Williams would be our DC for the length of that contract. Still was an expensive price to pay but at least he could have salvaged some of that value. Now it just ties us to a player that forces the rest of our secondary to play even harder to cover up his weaknesses.

DISAGREE BIG TIME ...... Its not about physicality. Its about ball skills and that poor guy Harper has 0 ball skills.

Ill piggyback on your comment and add that anyone who thinks roman Harper is more physical than DASHON GOLDSON has lost their minds. Go watch film of him and Whitner and let me know who's more physical lol

so when can we just making the same threads over and over

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

A Roman Harper thread will continue to come up as long as he is on the team. Once he leaves(which i hope is sooner than later) it will stop.

Harper is good in the right system. He didn't fit or get Spags system real well. I think Ryan will use him more effectively and cover his pass coverage weakness better. I wouldn't be stunned to see Harper have a solid to strong year and his "dead cap space" is no longer a topic.

Whatever. Harper could be King Kong in physicality and the contract would of still been crazy.

The problem with the contract isn't whether Harper is good or bad. It's that it was nuts either way to give any safety that much money, especially two years ago.

Oh, thank goodness they ran at us only for 147 ypg (worst in the nfl), so they could concentrate on throwing the ball for 292 ypg (second worst in the nfl) good for a 94 qbr. Now you've just eased my worries

But harper is always the guy being looked at as if its all hisfault, I don't get it we hae one dl tat could start on another team and zero lbs oh and zero cbs that would start as well (not counting lewi whom I'm not familiar with) our safeties are the bright spots here along with cam and hicks, after that we have very little talent. Having spags was a joke as well.

Whatever. Harper could be King Kong in physicality and the contract would of still be crazy.

That's what safetis were making when he signed, its all about timing... joe flacco makes more than brees... timing is huge.

That's what safetis were making when he signed, its all about timing... joe flacco makes more than brees... timing is huge.

What safety's were making almost 8 million a year when we signed him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom