Are we saying goodbye to Reggie?... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I am really happy with the victory tonight, but I couldn't help thinking throughout the game that Bush might not be with the Saints next year. I could see his frustration after the limited oppurtunities he was given tonight...I know he is still coming off his injury and he didn't seem like he was 100 percent but I thought he would've had a lot more carries especially with Ivory out of the game. He was our premier back and I love Pierre but I still feel like we are missing that X factor at RB on the edge and in the open field.

Pierre does a great job on screens but I feel that if the coaching staff sees Reggie as just a punt returner and reverse option then he is going to end up somewhere else. I really hope that doesn't happen because he is one of my favorite players because of his explosive play ability and he did a nice job blocking for Brees tonight but our offense seemed a lot like the 06 offense with a much higher passing percentage; and that's mainly because Pierre wasn't producing much running between the tackles and Payton didn't seem to trust Reggie to do the same either. They could just be saving him for the playoffs but I have a hard time believing that after tonight...anyway still a GREAT WIN :plus-un2:

I don't know but something is up. Maybe they are saving him for the playoffs but I couldn't say that with any certainty. What I can say is that it's hurting our team to use him the way they are using him now. He's 75% decoy, 25% playmaker now. Teams know what he's coming in the game to do. I think we'd be better off just not using him at all.

They gave him one carry tonight. I don't know what anyone is supposed to do with one carry. He got 5 touches total. If PT got 5 touches total he would've ended up with 4 carries for 5 yards and a catch for no gain. No one can contribute with they get 5 touches a game.

I'm really disappointed that he's not more involved. If they are phasing him out of the offense maybe it's better off that way. Maybe they'll let him go and go in a different direction next year. I'll still be a Saints fan and the team winning is what I care about most. But it sucks that one of my favorite players is not being allowed to be a bigger part of the game when he works so hard and wants to help so much.

I have to trust the HC when it comes to who gets playing time and whatnot.

The game was so close and we really couldn't have afforded one of Reggie's fumbles, maybe that was it? But most likely, Reggie was a little hurt after that PR and coach didn't want to ruin the rest of his season. Who knows.

To answer your question ... unless he's the difference-maker in the playoffs... yes.

I was pulling for Reggie to have a breakout game. But that didnt happen. He will have to take a paycut or he is out of here. I hate to get rid of a good player like that but C'MON Man. Bush got to rush and hit the whole with authority.

He will get it together though...but he want be a Saint for the long haul if he dnt take a pay cut. Its just obvious...

I was pulling for Reggie to have a breakout game. But that didnt happen. He will have to take a paycut or he is out of here. I hate to get rid of a good player like that but C'MON Man. Bush got to rush and hit the whole with authority.

He will get it together though...but he want be a Saint for the long haul if he dnt take a pay cut. Its just obvious...

Yeah with his one carry tonight.

If there is a difference maker in the playoffs for the Saints, I'm guessing it's Chris Ivory ... and not Reggie Bush.

I can't imagine that coming back from a broken leg is that easy I just think that it takes time to completely rehab this injury. I have a feeling that Payton would like Reggie back next year but with a restructured contract.

I don't know but something is up. Maybe they are saving him for the playoffs but I couldn't say that with any certainty. What I can say is that it's hurting our team to use him the way they are using him now. He's 75% decoy, 25% playmaker now. Teams know what he's coming in the game to do. I think we'd be better off just not using him at all.

They gave him one carry tonight. I don't know what anyone is supposed to do with one carry. He got 5 touches total. If PT got 5 touches total he would've ended up with 4 carries for 5 yards and a catch for no gain. No one can contribute with they get 5 touches a game.

I'm really disappointed that he's not more involved. If they are phasing him out of the offense maybe it's better off that way. Maybe they'll let him go and go in a different direction next year. I'll still be a Saints fan and the team winning is what I care about most. But it sucks that one of my favorite players is not being allowed to be a bigger part of the game when he works so hard and wants to help so much.

Completely agree. I really hope he asks to be traded or the saints trade him...because this is stupid.

To answer your question ... unless he's the difference-maker in the playoffs... yes.

How can he be a difference-maker if he is only given 1 carry though? Even on that one carry you could see 10 falcons swarm over him, so you know that he is still a huge factor in the opposing team's game plan. It's a shame if they are phasing him out of their offensive plays and I honestly don't think that our offensive game plan was all that great. Our defense definitely sealed the game for us because our running game was non existant (mostly because of our poor O-line blocking) and Brees had thrown 2 interceptions. I felt like if they gave Reggie atleast 10 carries or used him more in the passing game it would've took a huge load off Brees's back because the pressure was all on him. Pierre did take some of that pressure off but you could see that Bush wants to be in the spotlight again...I could see it in his eyes on PR and how he was beating himself up after the 1 carry he was given and after the PRs...

I am really happy with the victory tonight, but I couldn't help thinking throughout the game that Bush might not be with the Saints next year. I could see his frustration after the limited oppurtunities he was given tonight...I know he is still coming off his injury and he didn't seem like he was 100 percent but I thought he would've had a lot more carries especially with Ivory out of the game. He was our premier back and I love Pierre but I still feel like we are missing that X factor at RB on the edge and in the open field.

Pierre does a great job on screens but I feel that if the coaching staff sees Reggie as just a punt returner and reverse option then he is going to end up somewhere else. I really hope that doesn't happen because he is one of my favorite players because of his explosive play ability and he did a nice job blocking for Brees tonight but our offense seemed a lot like the 06 offense with a much higher passing percentage; and that's mainly because Pierre wasn't producing much running between the tackles and Payton didn't seem to trust Reggie to do the same either. They could just be saving him for the playoffs but I have a hard time believing that after tonight...anyway still a GREAT WIN :plus-un2:
Forget this.

NO team is going to pay him 11 mil.

Where is his best situation?

He's regressed lately as a runner, but can come back.

It can be with the Saints if he want's it.

It's up to him.

Completely agree. I really hope he asks to be traded or the saints trade him...because this is stupid.

What? This is when things get ridiculous, when loyalty to one player supplants loyalty to the team.

It's not as if Sean Payton wants to hurt the Saints. He puts the guys out there who will help us win. I don't know if y'all haven't realized, but we've tried to make Reggie into 'the guy' (re-watch that 2007 season). Reggie will never be what Pierre was today. Reggie could be on any team in the league, and he will never be what Pierre was today.

Reggie has become a specialty guy. I like him and hope he stays, but it is what it is. It's not Sean Paytons fault at all, so I don't understand the hate for him...

Blah.

I have to trust the HC when it comes to who gets playing time and whatnot.

The game was so close and we really couldn't have afforded one of Reggie's fumbles, maybe that was it? But most likely, Reggie was a little hurt after that PR and coach didn't want to ruin the rest of his season. Who knows.

I guess we could afford 2 of Drew's Ints...he seems to throw at least 1 every game now a days lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom