Are we saying goodbye to Reggie?... (2 Viewers)

Restructure the contract, because Pierre is up this year. Gotta pay Pierre for sure. Cannot lose Pierre

Forget this.

NO team is going to pay him 11 mil.

Where is his best situation?

He's regressed lately as a runner, but can come back.

It can be with the Saints if he want's it.

It's up to him.

He has regressed based on what? 1 carry in this game and 4 carries in the last game?

What? This is when things get ridiculous, when loyalty to one player supplants loyalty to the team.

It's not as if Sean Payton wants to hurt the Saints. He puts the guys out there who will help us win. I don't know if y'all haven't realized, but we've tried to make Reggie into 'the guy' (re-watch that 2007 season). Reggie will never be what Pierre was today. Reggie could be on any team in the league, and he will never be what Pierre was today.

Reggie has become a specialty guy. I like him and hope he stays, but it is what it is. It's not Sean Paytons fault at all, so I don't understand the hate for him...

Blah.

If I recall you said the exact same statement about PT, hoping he gets traded earlier in the year, and how the Saints would be sorry if they let him go, did you not?

PT averaged 3.3 yards per carry today. He was not great at all, but he got the touches. They both averaged around the same as far as yards per reception go. PT had 5 yards with his first 4 rushes. Why is it that Reggie gets one rush and he's being bashed for not ripping it up? PT needed a few to get going himself.

It doesn't matter what you think of Reggie, whether you think he's the next Marshall Faulk or he's a glorified WR dressed as a RB. If you think he's being utilized enough to make a difference I don't know what to tell you. Any player needs more than 5 touches. If you think he's supposed to make a palpable difference with 5 touches then you're clearly biased.

What? This is when things get ridiculous, when loyalty to one player supplants loyalty to the team.

It's not as if Sean Payton wants to hurt the Saints. He puts the guys out there who will help us win. I don't know if y'all haven't realized, but we've tried to make Reggie into 'the guy' (re-watch that 2007 season). Reggie will never be what Pierre was today. Reggie could be on any team in the league, and he will never be what Pierre was today.

Reggie has become a specialty guy. I like him and hope he stays, but it is what it is. It's not Sean Paytons fault at all, so I don't understand the hate for him...

Blah.

Reggie could definitely surpass Pierre on another team, yes I said it. Look at what Michael Turner has become after he was traded to the Dirty birds. Look at Tomlinson on the Jets (even in his late years)...Reggie has a lot of passion for the game and I gaurantee that if he was given more carries on this team or another he would prove that he is one of the best. Payton is a gambler, we all know this, so I highly doubt that he is keeping Reggie out because he is afraid of fumbles or any other negative outcome...it's either the injury or Payton is going to trade him..and that will be a huge mistake IMO unless Reggie wants to leave himself and I wouldn't blame him either.

Yeah. I've defended him every time and still will. But his time here is just about done. Good luck to Reggie wherever he goes, I will still be a fan.

Y'all have to be freakin kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nevermind the FACT that Reggie draws away at least three defenders EVERY STINKIN time he is on the field. Yes, he does not break away for the entire defense on evry play, but, they respect the fact that he could. Thank GOD that none of you negative Nancies are GM's.

Y'all have to be freakin kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nevermind the FACT that Reggie draws away at least three defenders EVERY STINKIN time he is on the field. Yes, he does not break away for the entire defense on evry play, but, they respect the fact that he could. Thank GOD that none of you negative Nancies are GM's.

:worthy: ...No doubt, did you see on the 1 carry he was given how many falcons swarmed onto him? I saw almost the whole team.

And blitz pickup.

Reggie very valuable.

He's not 11 million.

But very valuable. It's worth tryong to find the right number, because he will come back around as a ball carrier.

Blah.

you realize thomas averaged 3.3 yards a carry today right? 19 carries 63 yards? It's not loyalty to one player it's getting the most out of your team and using the best players that I care about.

Oh and for your info the last time Reggie had close to 19 carries was aginst Denver in 2008. His numbers for the game 18 carries 73 yards rushing (4.1 avg.) and 11 receptions for 73 yards and 2 TDs.

Forget this.

NO team is going to pay him 11 mil.

Where is his best situation?

He's regressed lately as a runner, but can come back.

It can be with the Saints if he want's it.

It's up to him.

He's going to have to take a pay cut if he does.

He has regressed based on what? 1 carry in this game and 4 carries in the last game?
For starters, on oneof those carries, he could have cut it up North and got a shot at a 1st.

He chose to continue to string it out laterally, which is his bias.

I think Reggie can do it, he just has issues with letting go of being the juker.

For starters, on oneof those carries, he could have cut it up North and got a shot at a 1st.

I think Reggie can do it, he just has issues with letting go of being the juker.

Cmon bro...when you are given 1 carry and coming off an injury it's kind of hard to play to your potential. The run blocking tonight was pretty horrid too. Earlier when he was 100 percent he was running between the tackles real effectively and that is why he was beefing himself up last off season.

I don't know why it's so hard to just give him a run up the middle. They did this last year, one carry I remember in particular was his TD run in the Philly game. He still has the speed to close the distance to the LOS. If they would call a play for him to run straight ahead he would get positive yardage. Instead they want to give him plays that are just going to feed into those instincts that he has always played with. If you want a player to do something, just give him a play where he has no choice but to go forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom