Are we saying goodbye to Reggie?... (2 Viewers)

And blitz pickup.

Reggie very valuable.

He's not 11 million.

But very valuable. It's worth tryong to find the right number, because he will come back around as a ball carrier.

They will find the right number. All these fake GMs fail to realize that he was signed to the #2 pick money, which was fair. His next contract WILL be within reason.

Cmon bro...when you are given 1 carry and coming off an injury it's kind of hard to play to your potential. The run blocking tonight was pretty horrid too. Earlier when he was 100 percent he was running between the tackles effectively and that is why he was beefing up last offseason.
When we ran with Pierre, we had some 1 or 2 yard runs.

And then we had a 15 yarder and some 4-5 yarders.

O line needs to do better.

Reggie does too.

Sorry.

He might need several carries to get his head on straight. Everybody is different.

But as a pure running back, Reggie has a clear bias to running the ball laterally and trying to outrun or juke the defenders until he gets the open field.

When he has don best in the NFL, he had made decisive cuts, North-South.

Reggie's Playoff Stats

Reggie is pretty golden in the postseason....

Rushing Average: 5.7 Yards.
Receiving Average: 12.45 yards.
Punt Return Average: 13.9 Yards
5TDs in 5 Postseason Games
2 Fumbles

Reggie does too.

Sorry.

He might need several carries to get his head on straight. Everybody is different.

But as a pure running back, Reggie has a clear bias to running the ball laterally and trying to outrun or juke the defenders until he gets the open field.

I responded to your post a few posts back but you didn't reply. Why do you think it is that they aren't calling any carries for him in between the tackles like they did last year when he averaged 5.6 YPC???? Nearly every run it's been a toss, sweep, off-tackle run in singleback formation. Yet we've seen him have success when he has a fullback in front of him. Wouldn't you want to call more runs where he has no choice but to run forward, if that's the behavior you want to encourage?

And PT had 5 yards on his first 4 carries tonight. No one can get it going on 1 carry.

Reggie does too.

Sorry.

Pierre got those 4-5 yard runs late in the game when the Falcon defense was worn out from constantly blitzing. We never fully established the run.

Pierre got most of his yardage from quick passes and screens. Reggie is faster and more evasive but he is also strong and is fully capable of running effectively between the tackles and around the edge. He changed his habits but no one can see that because he has been given no plays up the middle, even draws. He can block too and we saw that tonight...it's just hard to watch him stand on the sidelines because he is such a great player.

I responded to your post a few posts back but you didn't reply. Why do you think it is that they aren't calling any carries for him in between the tackles like they did last year when he averaged 5.6 YPC???? Nearly every run it's been a toss, sweep, off-tackle run in singleback formation. Yet we've seen him have success when he has a fullback in front of him.

And PT had 5 yards on his first 4 carries tonight. No one can get it going on 1 carry.
You have to take that up with Sean Payton. I have my issues with it too.

But in the same constraints, PT produces, North-South.

More often, in limited oppotunities, Reggie AS A RUNNING BACK, goes East-West.

You have to take that up with Sean Payton. I have my issues with it too.

But in the same constraints, PT produces, North-South.

More often, in limited oppotunities, Reggie AS A RUNNING BACK, goes East-West.

They are most certainly not the same constraints. PT and Ivory almost always have a fullback in front of them and get runs in between the tackles. Reggie is run (when he gets one of his rare carries) out of single back formations almost exclusively. Take a look at, oh, any game this year. I wouldn't think that runs out of I-formation have the same degree of difficulty as runs in single back formation.

Pierre got those 4-5 yard runs late in the game when the Falcon defense was worn out from constantly blitzing. We never fully established the run.

Pierre got most of his yardage from quick passes and screens. Reggie is faster and more evasive but he is also strong and is fully capable of running effectively between the tackles and around the edge. He changed his habits but no one can see that because he has been given no plays up the middle, even draws. He can block too and we saw that tonight...it's just hard to watch him stand on the sidelines because he is such a great player.
Maybe.

Take it up with Payton.

I agree that the same commitment to the run is not there.

You show the trust in Brees, but rarely in the run game.

They are most certainly not the same constraints. PT and Ivory almost always have a fullback in front of them and get runs in between the tackles. Reggie is run out of single back formations almost exclusively. Take a look at, oh, any game this year.
Understand me in the full context of my posts.

You might be right.

You have to take it up with the run-pass balance and the commitment to featuring or setting up the talents of a given player.

I'm sorry to say this guys, but we are not going to make it far in the playoffs if we don't establish the running game again (and it's been proven in 06 when all we did was pass...); especially since we are most likely going to be on the road in the playoffs.

I'm sorry to say this guys, but we are not going to make it far in the playoffs if we don't establish the running game again (and it's been proven in 06 when all we did was pass...); especially since we are most likely going to be on the road.
I agree.

Reggie does too.

Sorry.

Thomas had 13 carries tonight of -1 to 2 yards, lol.

PT was definatly more effective than Reggie today.

That being said, Reggie did just come back from a broken leg.

Try breaking your leg and still trying to play any sport in that same year, see if you are the same person.

PT was definatly more effective than Reggie today.

That being said, Reggie did just come back from a broken leg.

Try breaking your leg and still trying to play any sport in that same year, see if you are the same person.

Yeah usually when your given over 10 carries compared to 1 carry your going to produce better results...:covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom