Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (2 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
How about this? The person that discovered ivermectin won a Noble Peace Prize AND it's considered second behind penicillin. I'm not even mentioning the HUNDREDS of articles that are peer proven that show how messed up the vax is. I say again, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! Look into it. Stop being obtuse ON PURPOSE. As I said before, I got the vax from Pfizer. Why would I lie about this? I have no job and no money. I owe money to my uncle that I live with. If I knew how to steal money online, I admit that I probably would be doing it right now, but then I would have no need to be in here. I wanted to say something in here for over a year now, but I knew people like you would tell me how I'm a conspiracy theorist and dismiss it entirely in spite of me NOT BELIEVING in conspiracy theories. I'm tired of ignorant people mentally dictating what I say. LOOK INTO IT.
To be sure, the award was for Ivermectin related to other important uses. It has never been clinically proven to be effective as a treatment or preventative medicine for Covid.

As for the Covid vaccines, there are tons of clinical studies showing the efficiacy of vaccines. There's plenty of research to be had. And fwiw, I thought this was a good, balanced (imagine that) discussion of all things Covid, best practices and lessons learned from the pandemic. Highly recommend watching all the way through even though it's fairly lengthy. They also address the Ivermectin issue and made what I thought were informed comments on why it was controversial.

Last edited:
How about this? The person that discovered ivermectin won a Noble Peace Prize AND it's considered second behind penicillin. I'm not even mentioning the HUNDREDS of articles that are peer proven that show how messed up the vax is. I say again, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! Look into it. Stop being obtuse ON PURPOSE. As I said before, I got the vax from Pfizer. Why would I lie about this? I have no job and no money. I owe money to my uncle that I live with. If I knew how to steal money online, I admit that I probably would be doing it right now, but then I would have no need to be in here. I wanted to say something in here for over a year now, but I knew people like you would tell me how I'm a conspiracy theorist and dismiss it entirely in spite of me NOT BELIEVING in conspiracy theories. I'm tired of ignorant people mentally dictating what I say. LOOK INTO IT.
I think other people have addressed the general topic of this post, but I just want to ask, and please appreciate I mean this sincerely: are you OK?

Leaving aside entirely all the Covid stuff for a moment, your bringing up that you have no money and no job, owing money to your uncle, and saying that you wouldn't need to be in here if you knew how to steal money online, that all honestly sounds like you're struggling at the moment.

How can any rational person think that the covid vax is safe? There was a period of time lasting anywhere from 9-12 months where EVERYDAY a new article came out about how bad the vax was. Also, the FDA literally agreed that they LIED about ivermectin NOT being effective against covid. Do you know why? That's because the only way they could get the Emergency Use Authorization Act approved was that there could not be any alternative treatments available, thus they lied about it working. Do you want to know why? Because the covid vax failed all tests done on it and it would not pass official tests let alone the ones it FAILED. I got the vax. Pfizer. I wish I didn't even though I didn't experience any setbacks. WAKE UP PEOPLE! Stop being obtuse on purpose! If you read this and choose to dismiss it, whatever happens to you you deserve! I'll hope and pray nothing does, but it's out of my hands after you disregard reality. I'm willing to bet you'll sit there and say I'm a moron that believes in conspiracy theories. I was moron for blindly trusting the governement that's been PROVEN to have LIED about it.

Is this a joke of some kind? You can't be serious.....

Welp, if you are, I'm willing to bet you'll keep doing your own research, ignoring established science (the Covid vax was most effective - not debatable really) and posting utter gibberish like above.....I'm happy to sleep through or ignore whatever nonsense you continue to post regarding this topic....

I agree that people need to stop calling the vaccine 'safe'....there are definitely potential side effects that have caused some relatively few a good bit of harm.

However, what it comes down to, is which is doing more harm? Covid to the unvaccinated or the vaccine? To me the vaccine was the obvious choice.

I agree that people need to stop calling the vaccine 'safe'....there are definitely potential side effects that have caused some relatively few a good bit of harm.

However, what it comes down to, is which is doing more harm? Covid to the unvaccinated or the vaccine? To me the vaccine was the obvious choice.
To clarify, you think the vaccine is more harmful than Covid? That's how I read it. Or are you saying, getting the vaccine was the obvious choice?

"Safe" is absolutely a relative term. In the case of the Covid vaccine, not calling it "safe" is ridiculous. Of course it's safe.

Here are some of the side effects that can be experienced. I've highlighted some of the more serious ones.

Common side effects:
  • Indigestion and stomach upset
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Ringing in the ears
  • Confusion
  • Hallucinations
  • Rapid breathing
  • Seizures
Serious side effects:
  • Stomach ulcers and bleeding
  • Kidney failure
  • Hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in the brain)
  • Allergic reactions, such as hives, wheezing, and tightness in the chest
  • Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or around the eyes
By the way, these are the side effects of Aspirin, not the Covid Vaccine. Is Aspirin "safe?"

So when we're talking about "safe" let's be real about what we mean by "safe." If by "safe" we're going with 100% safe, we might as well include breathing, walking, and drinking water, because none of those are 100% safe.

But back to the Covid vaccine... At this point in time, it's likely fine to not get the latest booster because the Covid-19 virus has mutated to the point that it is nothing like the original virus. The original vaccine saved lives, was necessary to get us back to "normal" life, and was (and continues to be) safe. It doesn't mean that it didn't injure a small amount of people. And that doesn't mean that it's not safe.

in that regard, the word safe is impossible for something to be, nothing would be considered safe everything has a potential side effects. peanuts, advil, the sun, water (if you think thats dumb, just go to Mexico and drink from the tap) even the miracle drug Ivermectin... Just about eveything that enters your body can be considered unsafe, thats just a foolish statement.

In fairness and out of respect, I'll try to answer.
How can any rational person think that the covid vax is safe?
A lot of rational, well-grounded people believe, and with good reasons, that the vax is safe relatively speaking. That doesn't make them right or wrong. What should drive decision making would be peer reviewed studies that conclusively show the efficiacy of vaccines approved by the FDA.
There was a period of time lasting anywhere from 9-12 months where EVERYDAY a new article came out about how bad the vax was.
Yes there was, and a lot....LOT...was misinformation and/or propoganda from the usual sources. Many based on non-peer reviewed "studies" which often relied on suspect or faulty data. I'm going to trust the FDA and epidemiologists over random and often self-proclaimed experts. There was a reason why we were bombarded with false and misleading stories about the efficiacy of the vaccines.
Also, the FDA literally agreed that they LIED about ivermectin NOT being effective against covid. Do you know why? That's because the only way they could get the Emergency Use Authorization Act approved was that there could not be any alternative treatments available, thus they lied about it working.
Source?
Do you want to know why? Because the covid vax failed all tests done on it and it would not pass official tests let alone the ones it FAILED.
Source?
I got the vax. Pfizer. I wish I didn't even though I didn't experience any setbacks.
Anecdotal examples don't determine vaccine efficiacy. Vaccines aren't magic bullets and in some rare instances, people will have a reaction to the vaccines. They do and have saved a lot of lives. This was discussed a good bit in the video i posted above.
WAKE UP PEOPLE! Stop being obtuse on purpose!
No one is being obtuse on purpose.
If you read this and choose to dismiss it, whatever happens to you you deserve!
Really? Come on, you're better than that.
I'll hope and pray nothing does, but it's out of my hands after you disregard reality.
How exactly is doing research and in conjunction, maybe trusting experts who have actually written and performed peer reviewed studies on the subject disregarding reality? I'm not an expert, but I feel like I'm informed enough to recommend some source that can cover questions people have about vaccines.
I'm willing to bet you'll sit there and say I'm a moron that believes in conspiracy theories. I was moron for blindly trusting the governement that's been PROVEN to have LIED about it.
I won't call you a moron. I respect you too much to do that. While I don't necessarily disagree that we shouldn't blindly trust the government, I would just remind people that dealing with and developing vaccines for viruses, particularly novel ones is exceptionally hard and this was one that befuddled experts for months and because of the novelty of it, made it fertile ground for propaganda, misinformation and for those anti-vaxxers who opposed vaccines before Covid was a thing. They used fear and manipulation of data to confuse and alienate people from the government, and it was very effective.

I've yet to meet anyone who was harmed by the vaccine, and I've yet to meet anyone vaccinated who died from Covid. I personally know several, including a well-known poster here, who didn't get vaccinated and died from complications related to Covid. It's anecdotal, but I've seen what happens when unvaccinated and untreated people with severe cases of Covid. It's absolutely horrific. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

in that regard, the word safe is impossible for something to be, nothing would be considered safe everything has a potential side effects. peanuts, advil, the sun, water (if you think thats dumb, just go to Mexico and drink from the tap) even the miracle drug Ivermectin... Just about eveything that enters your body can be considered unsafe, thats just a foolish statement.
There were side effects that were not disclosed or breezed over (such as the heart issues) and things we were told about the vaccine that were patently untrue such as that it would stop transmission of the virus.
Things like that play right into the hands of conspiracy theorists

edit: I took the vaccine because I know that ALL vaccines have that capability and I obviously felt that the rewards outweighed the risks substantially despite the fact that I have had Guillain-Barre' and can't even take the flu shot

There were side effects that were not disclosed or breezed over (such as the heart issues) and things we were told about the vaccine that were patently untrue such as that it would stop transmission of the virus.
They actually were disclosed though. They were slow to get the information out, I do agree with that much. And a lot of the talk about talk about the vaccine stopping the transmission of the virus were well-meaning people who misunderstood how vaccines work, including some very prominent and public figures. The video I posted above talks at length about how we got there, and when we ran when we should have walked and so on.

A lot of that was because we were, and still in a politically charged environment which was always detrimental to the health of our country. This also feeds into those conspiracy theory narratives, and misled a lot of people. I don't know how much we, humanity in the general sense, has learned from the pandemic.

Sometimes it feels like another pandemic or other kind of national emergency would just be another big mess of information because everyone Is a wanna be expert when we think we're informed enough...when we're really not.

edit: I took the vaccine because I know that ALL vaccines have that capability and I obviously felt that the rewards outweighed the risks substantially despite the fact that I have had Guillain-Barre' and can't even take the flu shot
should all vaccines be considered unsafe, or just the ones that conspiraciy theotists latch on to the most?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom