Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (1 Viewer)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
should all vaccines be considered unsafe, or just the ones that conspiraciy theotists latch on to the most?
It's a fact that there were narratives put out that weren't true. I am not saying it was done for anything nefarious and I don't know where the disconnect occurred. I have also made it abundantly clear that knowing what I know now that the vaccine was still the obvious right choice.
However, I also thing I deserve to have the true facts about something that is going to be put into my body

If you believe otherwise, that is your opinion. The only potential defense is an ends justify the means one and I reject that on principle since everyone has a different opinion of when the ends justify the means

The simple fact is that every vaccine or medicine has potential side effects, going all the way back to the Poliovirus vaccine. You know what is more dangerous than the possible side effects? Misinformation about potential life saving vaccines.
We have gone so far down the rabbit hole that innocent children are not getting vaccinated because of it. I’m so glad that my ex wife wasn’t a conspiracy nut and didn’t feel threatened by getting our children vaccinated.

It's a fact that there were narratives put out that weren't true. I am not saying it was done for anything nefarious and I don't know where the disconnect occurred. I have also made it abundantly clear that knowing what I know now that the vaccine was still the obvious right choice.
However, I also thing I deserve to have the true facts about something that is going to be put into my body

If you believe otherwise, that is your opinion. The only potential defense is an ends justify the means one and I reject that on principle since everyone has a different opinion of when the ends justify the means
so it's not unsafe because of the actual dangers, it's unsafe because of what you consider a narrative. the only narrative was for it to save lives. but you still didn't answer my question, should all vaccines and medications be considered because of the potential harmful side effects? there isn't one on the planet that doesn't have that potential.

so it's not unsafe because of the actual dangers, it's unsafe because of what you consider a narrative. the only narrative was for it to save lives. but you still didn't answer my question, should all vaccines and medications be considered because of the potential harmful side effects? there isn't one on the planet that doesn't have that potential.
No but the actual facts need to be presented which certainly don't include "will stop the transmission of the virus" and not talking about the risks of myocardia but I guess it's only misinformation when it is something you are ideologically opposed to

Passing it off by saying "all vaccines carry risks so it doesn't matter" is ridiculous. If we were talking about any other medication brought to the market that hadn't been politically charged, you would agree

No but the actual facts need to be presented which certainly don't include "will stop the transmission of the virus" and not talking about the risks of myocardia but I guess it's only misinformation when it is something you are ideologically opposed to

Passing it off by saying "all vaccines carry risks so it doesn't matter" is ridiculous. If we were talking about any other medication brought to the market that hadn't been politically charged, you would agree
But those facts were addressed. Most of us here even talked about it several months and pages ago. The biggest fact is that the misinformation was out there on the internet and every person that had a gripe with the government latched onto it and wouldn’t let go. A lot of the information you are complaining about was cleared up. The vaccine was and is not a silver bullet. It was rushed because people were dying. If someone is bleeding, you don’t forego the tourniquet because it doesn’t heal the wound.

The facts are that the vaccines are actually very safe, as far as vaccines and other medications go. All of them have side effects in rare circumstances. Not being honest about what those specific side effects are and saying you can't get Covid if you're vaccinated are objectively wrong, and downplaying the efficiacy and value of the vaccine is also wrong. Both wrongs contribute to misinformation and I think taking a step back and being objective would be good for all of us.
All vaccines do carry some level of risk. That's clearly true. It certainly does matter if the risk outweighs the benefits, as is the case with any medicine or vaccine.

But those facts were addressed. Most of us here even talked about it several months and pages ago. The biggest fact is that the misinformation was out there on the internet and every person that had a gripe with the government latched onto it and wouldn’t let go. A lot of the information you are complaining about was cleared up. The vaccine was and is not a silver bullet. It was rushed because people were dying. If someone is bleeding, you don’t forego the tourniquet because it doesn’t heal the wound.
I agree it was cleared up...I have said as much. And, once again, I have stated that getting the vaccine is the right choice.

Forgive me if I think clearing it up after the fact isn't good enough

I agree it was cleared up...I have said as much. And, once again, I have stated that getting the vaccine is the right choice.

Well, it's not like they have a time machine to go back and fix the mistakes made. So, I'm not sure what you expect people to do.

The thing I find frustrating here is that what I saw was things working like they're supposed to, and misinformation clouding that fact.

So, take the risk of myocarditis. Trials involve tens of thousands of people, but if you have really rare side effects, they won't necessarily be picked up in the trials. Which is why we don't stop monitoring and studying. The risk of myocarditis here is really low (from the vaccine; it's higher from Covid), and it's taken large scale studies involving hundreds of thousands of people to determine it. And as that information emerged, it was disclosed.

Like, that's how that's supposed to work. How else would it work?

The thing I find frustrating here is that what I saw was things working like they're supposed to, and misinformation clouding that fact.

So, take the risk of myocarditis. Trials involve tens of thousands of people, but if you have really rare side effects, they won't necessarily be picked up in the trials. Which is why we don't stop monitoring and studying. The risk of myocarditis here is really low (from the vaccine; it's higher from Covid), and it's taken large scale studies involving hundreds of thousands of people to determine it. And as that information emerged, it was disclosed.

Like, that's how that's supposed to work. How else would it work?
And the claims that it would stop the transmission of the virus?

And the claims that it would stop the transmission of the virus?
That was obviously in hindsight wrong, but from what I remember, I don't think that lasted very long. The problem was you had people who were pushing to get the vaccine out and wanted to cast as wide a net as possible as a matter of public policy. They misrepresented how the vaccine works, even though as a formal policy position, the FDA never stated that. A lot of people latched onto that and that stuck even well after policy makers stopped saying it.

It was a mistake, among many, and it hasn't been held out about the vaccine in a while now. And there are lessons learned that hopefully won't be repeated again soon. Time will tell.

I think the timeline is being overlooked. There was a time when I would have gone the "someone is dead wrong on the Internet" response on Allfather.

We've gotten to the end of game point for this epidemic now. What was appropriate before, is no longer appropriate now. It's no longer an imperative that we strong arm our fellows to help protect ourselves and children.

Covid is still something and always will be something from now on.

Protecting the overall population justified the masks and vaccine mandates at the beginning. Now it's time for our society to fall back to responding to covid as we respond to other diseases which are always, and always will be an ongoing part of our existence.

Allfather gets a break from me today, and from now on, on this subject. The time for it is gone. The time when what he is not doing would harm me and my relatives is largely over.

I still wear a mask when it visit a store go to the doctor. I keep up with my shots. I keep my children keeping up as well.

I leave Alfarther be from now on, because he's not harming me, or harming others, not now. There was a time he could have, but not now.

Whether one gets a covid vaccine shot at this point is similar to whether one gets a flu shot. Once a year, I get them done together now.

remember the click bait headlines?

“man dies one hour after getting vaxxed!!!!”

Only to find out that, yes that was technically true, but he died because he was t-boned by a car going 80 mph

ok, but all that doesn't make the vaccine itself unsafe. over valuing it, over stating it doesn't change the vaccine itself. the vaccine is just as safe as all other vaccines, that is a fact.
maybe i am misunderstanding what you consider safe and unsafe..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom