Baldur's Gate 3 - and here I didn't think E3 had anything for me. (1 Viewer)

Well that's good, they perfected their RPG engine over the course of 3 games, they can license it maybe.

“That’s not what we were made for,” Vincke said. “That’s literally the opposite of what Larian is about. We want to do big, new things. We don’t want to rehash the thing that we’ve done already.”

Not shocking. They got their big hit and now want to do other things. I also can't imagine dealing with the train wreck that is Hasbro/WOTC right now is easy. I look forward to what Larian does next.

Well that's good, they perfected their RPG engine over the course of 3 games, they can license it maybe.
The engine is a small part of what makes the game great. The dialogue and little details are what made it great, and those will be difficult for other people to create, partiularly if they're focused on the gameplay.

“That’s not what we were made for,” Vincke said. “That’s literally the opposite of what Larian is about. We want to do big, new things. We don’t want to rehash the thing that we’ve done already.”

That's great, but I'd bet good money their next game will be DOS 3, which would not be a "new thing" I think more likely they don't want to have to kick back that $90,000,000 to Hasbro and think they have enough reputation to go it alone, which they might. But the Divinity games just didn't resound with me like this one did, so it will be a net loss to me personally

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom