Be honest - how many of you gave up and stopped watching? (1 Viewer)

My dad bailed on me. He left my house and went home as soon as the Falcons went up another TD in the 3rd quarter. He said he simply could not watch the Falcons win.

Never giving up hope in #FailconFailure, I watched the whole thing, and when the Pats were only down by eight, I called him to tell him he had left too early. He said, "No way." I let him know that all the Pats had to do was get the ball back and score and make the two point conversion. He said, "That's not happening." He actually made me stay on the phone and give him a play-by-play, as he is elderly and had already gotten in bed and didn't want to get back up to go all the way to his TV. As a good son, I did so.

This morning, my 82 year old dad is hash-tagging, emojiing, sending out messenger attachments and memes as if he had never bailed..... What a guy!

#NeverFalcons #WhoDat #RoastedBirds #SweetRelief

I watched the whole thing in a dive bar in Honduras surrounded by quite a few Failclowns fans. Damn right I was gonna watch the whole thing.

It is the perfect ending to the season.

Emotionally crushing loss for the Failclowns. Check
Worldwide embaressment. Check
Empty Trophy case at the Sphincter Dome. Check
Number 31 draft pick. Check
Getting the opportunity to remind my traitorious cousins and my co-workers of the biggest choke in NFL history. Check.....and priceless.

Changed it at 28-3 but kept up with it on SR then changed it back at 28-20

I admit it. . .I fell asleep and woke on the couch after it was over. Not knowing who won I went to bed thinking that for sure the Falturds had equaled our greatness with their own SB win. But I was pleasantly surprised with an outcome I still can't believe.

Only problem is I don't even know a Falclown fan to make fun of this am. . . an surely their fandom will not be growing after that melt down, Bahahaha !

I had it on in the other room and could hear the comeback happening but was too afraid to jinx it by coming back in the den to watch.

So I just kept on listening in but refused to let myself get excited because I was 100% convinced they would take it down to the last second and miss the 2-point conversion and we'd all be cursing their idiot kicker right now.

When they made the 2-point conversion I finally exploded and watched OT in all its glory.

Honestly? I never stopped watching, and in Vicky Valencourt fashion, I told the Falcons fan who works in my office on Friday that they would choke because that's what the Falcons do. Dirtybird can't fly with a broken wing. This morning is beautiful.

During Half time my aunt asked what I was doing. I told her....about to watch the Pats come back and win😂

Turned off phone before it started and watched movies with wife and kids. Didn't see a play...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell no.....it's the Super Bowl.

I've never outright turned off a Super Bowl since becoming a fan of the game......even when Seattle plowed through the Broncos a few years ago. There will be plenty of time to "not" watch football for the next 6 months, and that's just for the start of preseason.

Stopped paying attention after Atlanta got to 21...but refocused after halftime and I'm glad I did!

I tuned out at the end of 3rd. ( just as Atlanta was about to punt ) - 8:19pm to be exact.

watched Dumb n Dumber LOLOLOL.

Switched back out of curiosity just as NE started the OT drive.

I was completely befuddled.

I was about to...but then I was like, meh, and boy I was glad I said meh. That was so tasty to watch!

I bailed after the pick 6. I was so bummed, the world was upside down, cats laying with dogs, Trump wins the presidency. I couldn't bear the idea of Atlanta winning and I was not going to watch it happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom