Before we blame Carr (1 Viewer)

Yes, Drew was a master at adjusting mid play because he knew exactly where every one of his receivers were going to be. And he knew where the defenders were because he can read the defense mid play not just pre snap. many of his picks were because he was too short to see a defender... :)

He also can put a ball exactly in a spot his receiver can get without getting hurt because he knew exactly where the defender was going to play the receiver.

2023 Drew could probably have us at 7 and 5 throwing left handed. ;)

Do you think Drew would flourish in this offense? I think in this case its the arrow and not the archer.
So you're asking if a QB that probably still knows this playbook better than the current OC to the point that he can tell every player exactly where they need to be on every play and can correct any incorrect play called by the OC would flourish in this offense? Let me just say this, left hand throwing Brees could probably look better than Carr and 2019 Brees who couldn't throw more than 20 yards would have this offense as one of the top offenses in the league.

If it wasn't obvious already, Carmichael did NOTHING for the Saints offense when Payton and Brees were here.

So yes, if Brees was the QB, even the 2020 "Brees arm is dead" version would have this offense lighting up the scoreboard and this team could very realistically be 11-0.

Everyone forgets that while Payton called plays, he and Brees designed the entire offensive gameplan together and that Brees was not just allowed, but encouraged to audible into ANY play he wanted. You don't score 30ppg on offense because your QB can't read a defense at the line of scrimmage and audible into the best possible play.

Brees will never get the respect he deserves.

If it wasn't obvious already, Carmichael did NOTHING for the Saints offense when Payton and Brees were here.

So yes, if Brees was the QB, even the 2020 "Brees arm is dead" version would have this offense lighting up the scoreboard and this team could very realistically be 11-0.

Everyone forgets that while Payton called plays, he and Brees designed the entire offensive gameplan together and that Brees was not just allowed, but encouraged to audible into ANY play he wanted. You don't score 30ppg on offense because your QB can't read a defense at the line of scrimmage and audible into the best possible play.

Brees will never get the respect he deserves.
I see open receivers and Carr throwing where he decided presnap to deliver the ball. And many times it's in a terrible location making the receivers take hits or injure themselves trying to bail him out.

That's not on Carmichael. That's on DA for bringing in a QB who cannot run the offense.

I'm not so sure. We've seen what Pete could do with Drew in 2012 when our roster was in it's prime. This was sold as an upside for keeping Pete, but I think maybe it should have been a warning.

2011 with Payton. 13-3
2012 with Pete. 7-9
2013 with Payton. 11-5

Granted, this seasons schedule is SO WEAK that it would be an embarrassment if we didn't do better than we are with Drew and maybe Drew's skill alone turns some losses into wins. But I still doubt we'd be seeing better overall play across the board.

If this is really just a "Is Drew better than Carr" thing then of course the answer is Yes, Drew is much much much better than Carr.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom