Before we blame Carr (4 Viewers)

I'm not so sure. We've seen what Pete could do with Drew in 2012 when our roster was in it's prime. This was sold as an upside for keeping Pete, but I think maybe it should have been a warning.

2011 with Payton. 13-3
2012 with Pete. 7-9
2013 with Payton. 11-5

Granted, this seasons schedule is SO WEAK that it would be an embarrassment if we didn't do better than we are with Drew and maybe Drew's skill alone turns some losses into wins. But I still doubt we'd be seeing better overall play across the board.

If this is really just a "Is Drew better than Carr" thing then of course the answer is Yes, Drew is much much much better than Carr.
That 2012 offense was 2nd in yards and 3rd in points scored. They were also 2nd in red zone TD percentage.

That 2012 offense was 2nd in yards and 3rd in points scored. They were also 2nd in red zone TD percentage.
Ultimately, it wasn't enough with that coaching staff to get it done when Payton was out. And it was a way different construction of a team as well.

The line had Jahri, Bushrod and Strief. The receivers were Colston and Moore. Jimmy Graham at TE. Ingram, PT and Sproles at RB.

There is no way Drew is climbing the pocket like he could in 2012 with this line. There is no one to replace Sproles' screens on this team. We don't have a Tight End. WR is the only place with parity. I think Drew ends up with a busted shoulder with this team, these coaches and this play calling.

Does anyone else notice that when Carr walks back up the line pointing out coverages or something on third down before the snap, it always goes bad. Is this the case or is it just my perception because it's usually bad anyway 90% of the time? Every time he goes back to the line and starts doing that I just know it's going to be a bad play.

I'm not so sure. We've seen what Pete could do with Drew in 2012 when our roster was in it's prime. This was sold as an upside for keeping Pete, but I think maybe it should have been a warning.

2011 with Payton. 13-3
2012 with Pete. 7-9
2013 with Payton. 11-5

Granted, this seasons schedule is SO WEAK that it would be an embarrassment if we didn't do better than we are with Drew and maybe Drew's skill alone turns some losses into wins. But I still doubt we'd be seeing better overall play across the board.

If this is really just a "Is Drew better than Carr" thing then of course the answer is Yes, Drew is much much much better than Carr.

Pete ran the 2012 offense in the same way anyone here runs the Saints.

He didn't.

He's the kid who did literally nothing in the group project other than show up but still gets an A+ because the other people in the group were Payton and Brees.

Well the not telling us hasn't been working out so.. maybe let the cat out of the bag (it's all a lie, there is no cat and there are no answers).
I actually liked the first half of his answer, which was "Gotta ask coach Pete and DA". People want to read into everything Carr says, but isn't he just saying the same stuff AK was saying but a little differently.

He’s not a good QB. He’s what is referred to as “serviceable”. Andy Dalton did the same thing in the same system. It is what it is. We overpaid and now we have to live with it.
There was a window for him where he could have been THAT guy, with the right coaching. With this staff, he's a backup that you wouldn't want to depend on for more that a few series.

I actually liked the first half of his answer, which was "Gotta ask coach Pete and DA". People want to read into everything Carr says, but isn't he just saying the same stuff AK was saying but a little differently.
I think the biggest difference there is that Alvin's not part of the problem and Carr has been.

Carmichael has got to go like yesterday.. but Carr is playing poorly independent of Pete and the play calling imo.

I think the biggest difference there is that Alvin's not part of the problem and Carr has been.

Carmichael has got to go like yesterday.. but Carr is playing poorly independent of Pete and the play calling imo.
Watch some All 22 videos of Carr. Say what you want about PC but if you watch the plays that are called you'll see WRs getting open and Carr consistently checking down or throwing to the wrong receiver.

PCs problem is not knowing which play to call in a given situation. It's the worst of both worlds.

Watch some All 22 videos of Carr. Say what you want about PC but if you watch the plays that are called you'll see WRs getting open and Carr consistently checking down or throwing to the wrong receiver.

PCs problem is not knowing which play to call in a given situation. It's the worst of both worlds.
The offense is all of that.. and it's also just stale. Pete only knows this system and he's not even one of the real masterminds behind it and it's all just such a terrible mixture to have to watch play out week after week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom