Before we blame Carr (2 Viewers)

I will go two steps further and say that Pete doesn't really know this system.

He tries to do the player swaps thing, but they make him more predictable. He calls bombs down the sideline on third and short, where the sideline benefits the defender. He runs up the middle on second and long. He has no rhythm or feel for the game, and not having the most cerebral on-field QB of all time to cover for his predictability is exposing him.
He's a former mid-level executive who's now in charge of a huge corporation his once, more intelligent, maverick yet adaptable boss created but once he's retired or moved on, he doesn't know, recognize, or understand the rhetoric, feel, multiple nuances of the extremely complex algorithms his boss used to be so successful and so he brings in another CFO thats not as cerebral or instinctive as previous one but believes if he follows enough of his old boss tactics and strategies in business, eventually it'll click for him.

I'm not so sure. We've seen what Pete could do with Drew in 2012 when our roster was in it's prime. This was sold as an upside for keeping Pete, but I think maybe it should have been a warning.

2011 with Payton. 13-3
2012 with Pete. 7-9
2013 with Payton. 11-5

Granted, this seasons schedule is SO WEAK that it would be an embarrassment if we didn't do better than we are with Drew and maybe Drew's skill alone turns some losses into wins. But I still doubt we'd be seeing better overall play across the board.

If this is really just a "Is Drew better than Carr" thing then of course the answer is Yes, Drew is much much much better than Carr.
That year I think they ranked 3rd in overall offense, but had a historically bad defense which led to Spags getting fired after one season.

That year I think they ranked 3rd in overall offense, but had a historically bad defense which led to Spags getting fired after one season.
We lost 4 or 5 games due to offense though.

-That early Panthers game
-Denver
-49ers
-Falcons (the 5 pick game..ugh)
-Other games that you can flex due to untimely turnovers but defense also did them no favors in that game, such as the Redskins (at the time) and Giants.

True as Al aged he wasnt the same, but during his time with Gruden he built a SB team, but he was always in ultimate control, with Gruden.

Gruden wanted total control, and got it in Tampa, and again in Vegas.

His personnel moves with no one to oversee it, are disastrous for the most part.

The Raiders are still paying approximately over 40 mill in dead money.

Joyner, Nassib, and Littleton, ya most people wouldnt even know who they are.

I do, and I know all 3 of em might have been worth about 3 mill a year for their production.

If all you do is pay attention to your team, you begin to live in a vacuum.

I follow teams that interest me besides my own, it helps me to analyze my team.

It keeps things in persective.

DA, Carmichael, and Carr are like the toxic mortgage backed securities that caused the 2008 financial crash. Until we purge them from the books, this organization will not get off the floor.

DA, Carmichael, and Carr are like the toxic mortgage backed securities that caused the 2008 financial crash. Until we purge them from the books, this organization will not get off the floor.
And possibly Loomis honestly.. I definitely have heard him say that he doesn't believe in rebuilds. OK, but everything is fluid and maybe, just maybe you get to a point where you have to change your approach.

And we're pretty much there now where we cannot continue down this same trajectory. The window is slammed shut, and to the extent that it can all be overhauled, it needs to be overhauled.

No comparison. Drew is one of the greatest QB in NFL history, you want us to compare him with one that can't find end zone on five trips. Reality hurt my friend.

And possibly Loomis honestly.. I definitely have heard him say that he doesn't believe in rebuilds. OK, but everything is fluid and maybe, just maybe you get to a point where you have to change your approach.

And we're pretty much there now where we cannot continue down this same trajectory. The window is slammed shut, and to the extent that it can all be overhauled, it needs to be overhauled.
Can't disagree there. Especially if Loomis believes everything he said in that interview the other day.

Do you think Drew would flourish in this offense? I think in this case its the arrow and not the archer.

Absolutely, because.....

1) Drew would change a lot of the original calls at the LOS, we would essentially be running Drew's offense....
2) The early offensive line issues would likely still be a thing, but much less so with Drew back there
3) WR core w/Kamara would be near unstoppable.....

Not the archer? Ridiculous notion, it's not 100% on the archer, but the archer has contributed to problems, he hasn't fixed anything....

What kind of answer is that?
It's the answer of a child mentality. This is the "LEADER" of our team.

It's the same mentality that will throw the ball "away" to a receiver that isn't even in the progression because they didn't run the route the way he wanted it to be ran. On 3rd down...................................

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom