Best hole in the wall restaurants in N.O? (1 Viewer)

We used to go to Jack Dempsey's on the corner of Dauphine amd Poland. Good, cheap seafood. Is it still there across from the base?

I was going to post this, but I dunno if I would consider it a holw in the wall. I try to eat there everytime I'm in N.O.. Went there a few weeks ago and Archie was a couple of tables from us.

Well -- no one has defined what is considered a hole in the wall -- I definitely try to eat there when in town -- while not the most sophisticated seafood in the city -- nice value for tasty dishes -- I especially like it when they serve the soft shell crabs with the crawfish etoufee sauce on top --

My 2 favorites are Charlies Steakhouse on Dryades St. I hear there closed right now but they have the best steaks and Mandina's on Canal St.has my favorite appetizer sauteed crab fingers..HMMMM!!! I miss home:sad_sad::sad_sad:

Spitale's- Great po-boys and lunch specials
Swamp Room- Awesome burger and cheese fries

The Taco Bell on S Clearview Pkwy. Is it still there?

went there today and had the Jambalaya Supreme-- it might have been one of (if not THE) best restaurant jambalaya i've had.. superb.

I see the thread is back for support of coops. Great. The crawfish tasso alfredo is my favorite.

Rocky and Carlo's.
One time I watched a 300lb lady carry a 20lb block of lard under her armpit, and then throw it in the fryer.

Great food, and the claw machine was great fun as a kid. We used to go to Rocky and Carlo's after every highschool football game almost.

second on Jack Dempsey's

Frankie and Johnnie's on Arabella. had a wonderful lunch there with a dear friend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom