Best remaining Offensive Tackles Free agents, 2024 (1 Viewer)

Smith and Bakhtiari are starting caliber tackles, but I do not think either would come play here. Bakhtiari reportedly is stalling until after training camp and will rejoin Aaron Rogers and sign with the Jets.

Oddly enough, also reported, is that playing for the Jets would be Donavan Smith's "Dream Job" as he grew up a Jets fan. He also has a super bowl ring from blocking for Brady, and now last season added another from blocking for Mahomes. It would be wild for him to play for the Jets and win one with Rodgers.

Humphries is mid, but probably an upgrade over what we have on the roster and better than anyone who will be cut, and none of the rest of the list can stay healthy for a full season.

I'd be happy with about any tackle signing tbh

Smith and Bakhtiari are starting caliber tackles, but I do not think either would come play here. Bakhtiari reportedly is stalling until after training camp and will rejoin Aaron Rogers and sign with the Jets.

Oddly enough, also reported, is that playing for the Jets would be Donavan Smith's "Dream Job" as he grew up a Jets fan. He also has a super bowl ring from blocking for Brady, and now last season added another from blocking for Mahomes. It would be wild for him to play for the Jets and win one with Rodgers.

Humphries is mid, but probably an upgrade over what we have on the roster and better than anyone who will be cut, and none of the rest of the list can stay healthy for a full season.

That's good info, thanks! It'll be a long couple weeks till cut down day. Then we'll see what's out there, if anything. Maybe we get lucky and someone gets cut from a team who's stacked at RT who we can sign. We'll just have to play the wait game and see.

I have been saying DJ Humphries for a while now... and Not because he's great... but because he can play at the NFL level (98 career starts - 1 Pro Bowl), He can play Left or Right Tackle, he's not 100 years old, and he's not Penning. His only issue is the medical - Humphries tore his ACL against the Eagles on New Year's Eve, and would not have been ready for the start of the 2024 season - that's why he's a FA... Not sure where he is with the rehab, but if he's close to ready to go by the start of the season or even game 4... I'd sign him now.

Last edited:

Great profile pic!

O line play may be down across the league but any of those guys far exceeds what Penning or even our back tackles give us.
Id bet if Penning were cut today, he'd be on an NFL 53 man roster week one. OL is that scarce.

Id imagine Penning's replacement at RT is already on the team. Anybody brought in would likely be for depth. The good ones are already on rosters and wont be available.

Id bet if Penning were cut today, he'd be on an NFL 53 man roster week one. OL is that scarce.

Id imagine Penning's replacement at RT is already on the team. Anybody brought in would likely be for depth. The good ones are already on rosters and wont be available.

That's disconcerting.... I'm hoping Jessie Davis can hold down the job if Penning fails... Davis seems to be the best bet so far. He's got tons of starting time at least.

He could be, and maybe it will be the Falcons???

If I were you, I wouldn't bet anything more than a bag of Zapps and MAYBE a Hubig's pie.

The problem with lists like these is that the names look good, but half of these guys may be skinny now with no intentions of playing this year or ever again. Scouts and GMs know this and which ones are actual viable options, and that’s why most of those guys aren’t being heard from anymore.

Not to be “This isn’t Madden guy,” but the idea that each of these names are just plug and play ready at any given moment (like on Madden) is misguided and why the list is almost useless. There’s a reason why most teams this time of year are calling up guys you mostly haven’t heard of over all of these “name brand” type guys, and it doesn’t always have to do with dollar demands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom