Bidet (4 Viewers)

Not septic safe no matter what they tell you on the package.
The baby wipe comment shows that dry TP is not a a good solution. And if you think that a baby wipe is better than dry toilet paper, then the bidet is better / cleaner / cheaper (long run) / safer than that wipe.

bidet king is a good website to check.
I have used biobidet in the house.
I now have alpha bidets. Night light / on demand hot water / warm seat/ soft close of lid and seat = Great Value

I used to live in Japan, so I’m very familiar with bidets. We bought one at Costco a couple of years ago but I’m fairly disappointed in it. The water pressure isn’t quite enough to get the job done IMO. I think the one at my In-Laws home had a pump that increased water pressure to get the job done..

One other thing is that the toilet’s in Japan have a faucet on top of the tank. So the soapy water from washing your hands goes to refill the tank. It gives the water a double use and the soapy water helps keep the bowl clean. Keep in mind Japan has been doing this for decades.

I used to live in Japan, so I’m very familiar with bidets. We bought one at Costco a couple of years ago but I’m fairly disappointed in it. The water pressure isn’t quite enough to get the job done IMO. I think the one at my In-Laws home had a pump that increased water pressure to get the job done..

One other thing is that the toilet’s in Japan have a faucet on top of the tank. So the soapy water from washing your hands goes to refill the tank. It gives the water a double use and the soapy water helps keep the bowl clean. Keep in mind Japan has been doing this for decades.
I agree about the water pressure. My heated bidet's manual warns that colder water reduces pressure because it takes longer to heat. My cold water version will injure you if you turn it up full blast.

A friend put a tech bidet in their toilet. Multiple settings with lights, bells, and whistles.

I started to go on it but could not - it felt like crapping down R2-D2’s neck.

I know, but I just don't have room for a bidet, butt wipes are MUCH smaller.

The bidets we’re discussing in this thread arent a seperate fixture like what you may have seen in a hotel.. they are literally a toilet seat that replaces ur existing seat.. but most have bells and whistles like seat warmer , LED lights, remote control, etc .

The bidets we’re discussing in this thread arent a seperate fixture like what you may have seen in a hotel.. they are literally a toilet seat that replaces ur existing seat.. but most have bells and whistles like seat warmer , LED lights, remote control, etc .
I don't have room in any of my bathrooms to add another fixture. I have seen toilets with them built in though.

Gotcha, not up to date on my plumbing accessories. I can definitely wrap my mind, or my rear around seat warmer and some cool lighting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom