Blitzer tells atheist tornado survivor:"You gotta thank the Lord" (2 Viewers)

To some. They either get offended or have to explain how it's gods will to someone who said they don't believe.

I kinda get an "Christians would behave like this" if put in the situation that Wolf was put in from your above quote. However Wolf's actions contradicts your above statement by acting in my opinion just as classy after he finds out on live television that this women is an atheist. It seems he doesn't do any of the above mentioned items.

I'm just baffled at how this made the news. She's a non believer. Guess what? We're all non believers.

People's lives have just been turned upside down and we care about a "caught on TV" minor atheist v theist interaction?

Media just herding them in.

Wait are you saying to a Christian that suffering is all negative? Really...

Without suffering Christ couldn't suffer for our sins. Why wouldn't Christianity think suffering is a positive; a route to spiritual maturity. I think maybe you should do some research on Christianity and suffering.

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Front page you will read all the positive that is coming out from this tragedy.

God allows suffering is a factual statement. The question is why?

I again have never used the word "tough love", If you want to believe this word that's fine. A more appropriate term would be "love". You have used this phrase now twice from what you have read from my statements. I used the analogy of a child to describe the maturity one gets from seeing, alleviating, and experiencing suffering. The idea of suffering, death, and life are all key points in our world. You can't have one without the other. Suffering does have positives which is why I believe God allows suffering.

Actually, it is my knowledge of Christianity that turned me away from it. Anyway, I could easily tell you why there was no need for a "Jesus", but that's not what this thread is about. You can believe what you want to, but the twisted Christian definition of "love," is something that I want no part of.

it's probably why Richard Dawkins was never a field reporter

That, or he had more important things to do.

If you are still in touch with her ...let her know she's a friggen rock star in the Atheist world and on twitter

Also, sorry about her house.

Really this is what you recieved from that post? Where in the post did I say that this tragedy where people died was because of "tough love" or "patting someones butt".

It's all about context.

I'm going up to Oklahoma for two weeks in June for business. You people have inspired me to just shut the hell up and help people. I'm gonna be in Tulsa and that's only 90mins from Moore and as a Katrina Victim who received help from friends, family, strangers and the red cross, I think this is a great opportunity for some payback.

just signed up!
http://www.volunteermatch.org/search/opp1373684.jsp

Any of you guys care to join me? We could do a SaintsReport contingent, Atheists and Theists alike!

I'm going up to Oklahoma for two weeks in June for business. You people have inspired me to just shut the hell up and help people. I'm gonna be in Tulsa and that's only 90mins from Moore and as a Katrina Victim who received help from friends, family, strangers and the red cross, I think this is a great opportunity for some payback.

just signed up!
Rebuild Moore Oklahoma!: Project195 Opportunity - VolunteerMatch

Any of you guys care to join me? We could do a SaintsReport contingent, Atheists and Theists alike!

I've mulling over taking some time off to go help..

just signed up!
Rebuild Moore Oklahoma!: Project195 Opportunity - VolunteerMatch

Was about 45 minutes away from Moore when it happened and had a hotel reservation in OKC that night. My room was non refundable so I called the front desk and asked that the room be given to a victim of the tornado on my dime since it would have been selfish of me to stay in OKC when so many needed the rooms.

Will be going back a couple days this week to the plains for another round of tornado chasing. This time I'm bringing a truck full of clothes and other household items to donate in Moore.

Would love to be able to take off for a week and volunteer but getting more than a day or two this time of the year is about impossible. The tragedy is there will be plenty of need for help when we get into January and February when I have plenty of time and would love to come up with a SR Hammer n Nails type project for a family in Moore.

Atheists Raise Massive Amounts of Money to Help Rebecca Vitsmun Rebuild Her Life

May 25, 2013 By Hemant Mehta

Rebecca Vitsmun struck a chord with people. Maybe it’s because she was so forthright, yet so harmless, when she told Wolf Blitzer she was an atheist. Maybe it’s because she was a breath of fresh air after seeing victim after victim of the Oklahoma tornado thanking God for anything and everything (except, of course, the tornado). Maybe it’s because we hope that we, too, can be as comfortable in our atheistic shoes as she was in the face of a famous newscaster asking her about her faith on national television.

......and they say nothing good comes out of tragedies like this.....hmm...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom