Bobby Hebert had a career 12-0 record against AFC Teams by 1991 as a Saint Quarterback (4 Viewers)

I remember where I was as well. I was at a local bar with friends. The place erupted when we stopped them on 4th
down at the goal line. Looking back it was sad in a way. Steelers center Mike Webster was abused on that series,
It was obvious he was way past his prime,and we know the rest of his story.

Man, I had forgotten that Webster was still playing then, such a tragic story....ugh....

Man, I had forgotten that Webster was still playing then, such a tragic story....ugh....

The reason the stand was successful was Webster could not move Jim Wilkes or Tony Elliot off
their NT spot. On the 3rd down pass Bruce Clark treats him like a speed bump. Webster should
have retired after this season,but went on a played 2 more years with the Chiefs. Those years
with the Chiefs made matters worse. His wife later said he couldn't remember his way back home
from practice in his time in KC.

The reason the stand was successful was Webster could not move Jim Wilkes or Tony Elliot off
their NT spot. On the 3rd down pass Bruce Clark treats him like a speed bump. Webster should
have retired after this season,but went on a played 2 more years with the Chiefs. Those years
with the Chiefs made matters worse. His wife later said he couldn't remember his way back home
from practice in his time in KC.

Jim Wilks, Frank Warren (RIP) and Tony Elliot (RIP) were the unsung heroes of that defense.....without them our great LBers would have a much tougher time....

Only Jim Wilks is still among the living....

Fun fact, i was a college freshman at LSU and i had a job as an usher at the Dome.. i worked that MNF game vs the Raiders, i was stationed in one of the elevators and met the guy we knew as Cha Ching guy, who later turned out to be Seth Green.. he is maybe the smallest human ive ever seen in real life .

If Bobby wasn't from Louisiana, he'd be a speed pump in Saints history and rightfully thought of with regret or disdain for being ineffective with the best defenses in Saints history and a turncoat to our biggest rival. Even now, he's bad at being a Saints analyst and commentator, while enjoying more access than any other person covering the Saints mind you. Must be nice to be mediocre your whole life and continue to stumble into opportunities with applause.

If Bobby wasn't from Louisiana, he'd be a speed pump in Saints history and rightfully thought of with regret or disdain for being ineffective with the best defenses in Saints history and a turncoat to our biggest rival. Even now, he's bad at being a Saints analyst and commentator, while enjoying more access than any other person covering the Saints mind you. Must be nice to be mediocre your whole life and continue to stumble into opportunities with applause.
I stopped hating where a player decides to play a long time ago. If I were good enough to play in the NFL
and the Falcons were offering me twice the money the Saints were there really is no choice. You only have
a short time to earn an NFL paycheck. That said,I did not care for his antics after he signed with the Falcons.
He should have kept his mouth shut and just played the game.

Infoman had a career 12-0 record against kids under the age of 10 as a Low Post Driveway Basketball player on the 8ft goal

I stopped hating where a player decides to play a long time ago. If I were good enough to play in the NFL
and the Falcons were offering me twice the money the Saints were there really is no choice. You only have
a short time to earn an NFL paycheck. That said,I did not care for his antics after he signed with the Falcons.

Good points all around.

Well said my friend!!!!

Is Morton Andersen a turncoat? He also went to the Falcons.

Do I acknowledge that he's a HOF'er - and that I am proud he was once a Saints when he mostly earned that status? Yes.

Was he dead to me once he put on a Falcon uniform? Also Yes.

Do I acknowledge that he's a HOF'er - and that I am proud he was once a Saints when he mostly earned that status? Yes.

Was he dead to me once he put on a Falcon uniform? Also Yes.

Pigs are flying, we agree again....

The sooner we all realize that these guys are all essentially independent contractors who mostly have very little loyalty to a team logo or city like we do, the better. Hell, there are literally guys in the league that don’t even like playing at the NFL level at all, much less the team they play for, but they do it because they are good at it and it makes them rich.

For a large portion of the players, arguably the majority, the NFL is simply a business venture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom